Mega Thread The Western Bulldogs - The Sack Macca saga

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last round (24) of Wheeler's third year (92), we beat Brisbane by 57 at WO - Del-Re, Grant, Hawkins and Kolyniuk - 3 goals each, Brownlow: 3-Nigel Kellett, 2-Chris Grant, 1-Tony Liberatore. 12 of our players had more possessions than Kellett!!!! Darren Baxter had 31 to Kellett's 17.

1974 - Bob Rose's 3rd year, R22, we beat eventual premiers Richmond by 7 points at WO. Templeton - 5 goals, captain Sandilands out injured, 1973 captain Thorpe playing for Tigers.

2014, R22 of Macartney's 3rd year - Dogs def GWS by 346 points. Jones kicks 10, Crameri 11, Griffen 73 possessions. Game marred by Robert Murphy chatting to Jon O'Rourke and WHE, and slipping contracts into their socks, other GWS players incensed that they also weren't offered contracts. Marcus Bontempelli climbs on the backs of 11 players to take mark of the millenium, then passes to Stringer, who marks next to behind post. Standing in row 8 over the fence, he kicks an inside out spiral banana on his left foot which drifts above the goalsquare then catches the Etihad zephyr to drift over the goal-line and the out-stretched fingers of Heath Shaw. Umpires call for a review, and after much deliberation all are agreed it is goal of the millenium...

Brian Taylor's head pops right off his shoulders...

2014, R22 of Macartney's 3rd year - Dogs def GWS by 346 points. Jones kicks 10, Crameri 11, Griffen 73 possessions. Game marred by Robert Murphy chatting to Jon O'Rourke and WHE, and slipping contracts into their socks, other GWS players incensed that they also weren't offered contracts. Marcus Bontempelli climbs on the backs of 11 players to take mark of the millenium, then passes to Stringer, who marks next to behind post. Standing in row 8 over the fence, he kicks an inside out spiral banana on his left foot which drifts above the goalsquare then catches the Etihad zephyr to drift over the goal-line and the out-stretched fingers of Heath Shaw. Umpires call for a review, and after much deliberation all are agreed it is goal of the millenium...

Brian Taylor's head pops right off his shoulders...
Might want to change it to R23 ;) But I do like the perfectly reasonable things that transpire during this game.

Biblical references Mike?! Oh no man, who got to you, was it the Mormons, or the Macartney-ites?

haha...

couldnt be any further from the truth.. my avatar might give you a hint

All comes down to this week! But Matty should be rapt we've won at least 2 more than he thought we will win at the very most, possibly 3!
Any ideas on who a membership could be donated to if we do win this week?
What do you mean. Wasn't it round 2 when MattDougie said we would not win a game for the year?

What do you mean. Wasn't it round 2 when MattDougie said we would not win a game for the year?

Oh no here is another one

I actually said we would win 5 and at one sage said 3 which I'm happy to admit was simply stirring the pot(as stated by immortal thanku sir)

But we have won 7 so I wasn't that fat wrong was I ??

And I was prepared to bet that we wouldn't win more than last year with a far easier draw and no one took that up OR repeats it now

Add one more to the list :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Getting a bit ahead of yourself MD - he's actually got another 2 years :)

At the end of next year we will know one way or the other Nathan :)

Although I'm sure many will say it's ANOTHER year of development and blah blah if as I believe we go backwards again

sorry to tell ya buddy
but macca gonna be offered a two year deal when hes finished his contract

Lol if they offer Macca a 2 week deal before this contract runs out they should all be sacked.

Not like anyone will be lining up to pinch him, although I hear Ocean Grove are semi interested in him as an assistant

Nope just counting down

But I did say that it will tell us EITHER way mate

But as most of my posts people ignore half and go with the bad :)

It's just the way you write half the time more so than the content that seems to fire people up but I hope you are wrong on Macca. I am not as confident as I once was though.

It's just the way you write half the time more so than the content that seems to fire people up but I hope you are wrong on Macca. I am not as confident as I once was though.

Well I must admit my posts are sometimes laced with sarcasm but they are still the truth as I see it.

All I want is our club going forward mate and to make every step ASAP to make that happen.

Every year lost if a year we can never get back

Who is this blow in obviously using a new name??

lol some of you people amuse me you really do

Yeah I love going to the footy and watching my team get brushed aside but of course that is not the coaches fault ever is it ? (INSERT THIS WEEKS EX USE PLEASE)

Pretty impressed with today actually we got ten goals closer than I thought but let's be honest the swans stood on our throat then took it off and cruised

Anyway another week gone, one week closer to the end of 2015 and ....
Has this site got only a certain amount of people that can post. NEWS FLSH Stupid, new people can join you know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back