Mega Thread The Western Bulldogs - The Sack Macca saga

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I always come to Bigfooty to read about the things I miss; I heard Macca on 3aw so I'll report what I heard for people like me who miss stuff.
Not guaranteeing accuracy but this is what I heard and took away from the interview.........
Macca sounded a bit flat, didn't have the upbeat energy I normally hear in his voice. He sounded a bit taken aback by a direct question about Big Will leaving exit interview early but also said that he and Will left the exit interview together. Macca stated that exit interviews shouldn't tell anyone anything new - just sum up the season. He mentioned that exit interviews were also held as groups (midfielders, defence etc.).
He said last game was disappointing but we had played 3/4 top team before that. Also no surprise that it showed we are a fair way off.
He was positive about VFL side and opportunities it gave young players who are united and committed to achieving something for the club and for themselves. He expects to see some senior boys at the grand final to support them but also believes it is up to the players to do what they want in their break and he is happy for them to decide this.
Answered a question regarding feedback to him from Peter Gordon and said that he had a post season review and that it was useful noting he is driven and as a coach he does some things well and other things he needs to work on.

That is about it - don't feel like I learnt anything other than it has been a tough long season and Macca needs a break. Think the trade season will tell us more about where we are at; if we get caught up in the circus I'll start to worry, otherwise a strong solid rebuild utilising our own VFL side to develop a team sounds like a good way to go to me.

So it was confirmed that Minson walked out of his exit interview ( before the scheduled completion I mean)?
They only had one interview, no tension
Minno loves the club.

If he and the coach walked out together, would indicate the interview had concluded to everyone's satisfaction??

Not necessarily well he just said they left together and avoided saying whether it was amicalbe

it was a flat interview consisting of nothing new

I always come to Bigfooty to read about the things I miss; I heard Macca on 3aw so I'll report what I heard for people like me who miss stuff.
Not guaranteeing accuracy but this is what I heard and took away from the interview.........
Macca sounded a bit flat, didn't have the upbeat energy I normally hear in his voice. He sounded a bit taken aback by a direct question about Big Will leaving exit interview early but also said that he and Will left the exit interview together. Macca stated that exit interviews shouldn't tell anyone anything new - just sum up the season. He mentioned that exit interviews were also held as groups (midfielders, defence etc.).
He said last game was disappointing but we had played 3/4 top team before that. Also no surprise that it showed we are a fair way off.
He was positive about VFL side and opportunities it gave young players who are united and committed to achieving something for the club and for themselves. He expects to see some senior boys at the grand final to support them but also believes it is up to the players to do what they want in their break and he is happy for them to decide this.
Answered a question regarding feedback to him from Peter Gordon and said that he had a post season review and that it was useful noting he is driven and as a coach he does some things well and other things he needs to work on.

That is about it - don't feel like I learnt anything other than it has been a tough long season and Macca needs a break. Think the trade season will tell us more about where we are at; if we get caught up in the circus I'll start to worry, otherwise a strong solid rebuild utilising our own VFL side to develop a team sounds like a good way to go to me.
WJ summed it up better,
Welcome, don't read any of the 351 pages of this thread.

Not necessarily well he just said they left together and avoided saying whether it was amicalbe

it was a flat interview consisting of nothing new
Please don't try and make something that isn't there.
Unless you wanna be like every jurno or facebook page and fall for stuff.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Secret Footballer in the Age this week said most players are rarely surprised with what they're told at year-end exit interviews, as most are aware of the season they've had, and where the team sits.

And that is no different to any review in any job in the world.

Nine times out of ten, the only people who are surprised are those with an unrealistic view of their own performance/worth, and need to face a dose of realism. How often do you attach the word "disgruntled" to someone who is performing as expected? You don't.

If the same applies to some of our blokes, then so be it. But I'd be highly surprised if they didn't already know exactly where they stood.

If it also means people move on. So be it.

Considering the players (and Ricciuto) are the ones who have supposedly led to Sando being sacked - I highly doubt it.
It's been reported in the trade thread (i think) Danger was gonna turn down free agency due to him loving sando as coach.

And that is no different to any review in any job in the world.

Nine times out of ten, the only people who are surprised are those with an unrealistic view of their own performance/worth, and need to face a dose of realism. How often do you attach the word "disgruntled" to someone who is performing as expected? You don't.

If the same applies to some of our blokes, then so be it. But I'd be highly surprised if they didn't already know exactly where they stood.

If it also means people move on. So be it.

Was just making the point that players "storming" out of interviews would be BS. Minson is a smart guy, would have gone into the interview knowing where he stood. Unless something came out of left field, I doubt he would react that way. I agree with your point, I was just calling out the BS that gets reported as "news", because there is no genuine news to report. "Minson and McCartney walk out of exit interview amicably" is not newsworthy enough.

Was just making the point that players "storming" out of interviews would be BS. Minson is a smart guy, would have gone into the interview knowing where he stood. Unless something came out of left field, I doubt he would react that way. I agree with your point, I was just calling out the BS that gets reported as "news", because there is no genuine news to report. "Minson and McCartney walk out of exit interview amicably" is not newsworthy enough.

Would you expect anything different.. Another slow news day, another sports Journo looking for a story that doesn't exist.

Lol McCartney much have a bloody guardian angel

Just when some heat was coming his way the crows balls everything up and take the news headlines

Maybe he is the chosen one :)

Lol McCartney much have a bloody guardian angel

Just when some heat was coming his way the crows balls everything up and take the news headlines

Maybe he is the chosen one :)

He must be the golden child...

340x_golden_child.jpg

We are an easy target and Macca is a pretty quiet bloke

They know the club probably won't come back at them so they can fill til the next big story

And then the crows come along so gone by tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back