Beasley

Club Legend
Apr 11, 2005
Full Forward
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Bulldogs
There appears to be increasing murmurings that BMac may not be completely safe at the kennel. Mark Steven hinted there are rumours that he may be moved within 24 hours. I wonder if there is fire coming from the smoke?

You'd hope they have someone in mind with Sando getting the axe and McKenna also under the pump.

You'd hope that they stick to the plan and continue to build and develop the list and play the long game... But football clubs are strange places and weird s**t happens...

Yeah says both in the same tweet.

Confusing tweet. Hearing rumours of possible departure but told he is rock solid. I take it that the person telling him the latter is above rumour category and within the club.

Dont think anything to see here. McCartney to coach Bulldogs next year.

This tweet from stevo is really interesting. Massive bombshell.

What do people make of it?

Another spat with MM ?

hpE7L2u.png

It's like people want Footscray to make a bad decision and sack him.

I think the footy media are now more about creating the news, so they amp up the pressure on those they feel may be vulnerable.

Stevens in this case may be an exception, as a Doggies fan I think he knows where the club is trying to go....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If the Dogs sack McCartney they'll doom themselves to the same cycle they've been in for decades. There's clearly a strong clique amongst the senior players there. McCartney's come in and told them things that've upset the little boys club. Poisonous attitude from the top down amongst that playing list.

Dogs need to hold strong and let McCartney do his job.

He's only coached for 3 years. Give him a bit more time!!

Particularly when those three years have coincided with one of the most unfair and biased landscapes the competition has seen, particularly for those clubs trying to rebuild.

You'd hope that they stick to the plan and continue to build and develop the list and play the long game... But football clubs are strange places and weird s**t happens...
I don't want to make this a Dogs/Roos thing, but that is why we gave Scott a long extension at the beginning of 2013. It's a marathon, not a sprint.

I don't want to make this a Dogs/Roos thing, but that is why we gave Scott a long extension at the beginning of 2013. It's a marathon, not a sprint.

The club seems to be on board with this, hopefully they can deal with the external pressure and focus on the positives.

There were a lot criticising that decision. Seems like it might work out okay.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back