Brenton Sanderson sacked , Who will be the new Adelaide coach ?

Remove this Banner Ad

Following on from employing a rugby CEO, tune into Fox8 in 4 minutes for the announcement of Crows new coach, from outside the current AFL system.

#therecruit

Oh, and no need to crack about the Frawley comment, I thought he said something to that effect

Sorry man, left my caps lock on :/

You are right, actually; Frawley did photocopy the standard response for one if his interviews: "I want to see where the club is going" or some such s**t long those lines, I think he may have even said that yes he would stay if Roos did.

His furrowed brow will be more prominent than usual, coupled with his weird eye that makes it look like he is looking at something in the distance rather than the camera.
Yes, those eyes....wtf is going on with those eyes -_-

He said the same about Neil Craig too just before he was sacked, and then he re-signed for 3 years, means nothing
So we can't trust what Dangerfield says?
Even when he says he loves the club and wants to stay?

Fwiw, something has gone down outside football coaching in this instance. Off field event, or maybe a clash of egos with the new CEO stripping down coaches' responsibilities?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Unfair on Sanderson. He took them to a prelim in their first season plus the fact they missed out on draft picks because of what trigg done yet gets the flick after only 3 years? How about having a good hard look at the players or the recruiting staff instead

So we can't trust what Dangerfield says?
Even when he says he loves the club and wants to stay?

Fwiw, something has gone down outside football coaching in this instance. Off field event, or maybe a clash of egos with the new CEO stripping down coaches' responsibilities?
I think Danger means what he says, but may also put a little mayo on to please the fans. Unless you're Zac Dawson, a coach should never dictate where you play your footy.

Strong rumours he lost the playing group, which must have happened rapidly as I had never heard these types of rumours of Sando until midway through 2014.

Is anyone else not that surprised? I've always thought that he is a muppet.

2 years is a massive payout though.

I'm not surprised that Adelaide let him go, but I don't think that's necessarily a sign that Sanderson is a bad coach. These are the types of decisions that reflect very poorly on the club if they are unable to achieve significantly more in the next few seasons.

Unfair on Sanderson. He took them to a prelim in their first season plus the fact they missed out on draft picks because of what trigg done yet gets the flick after only 3 years? How about having a good hard look at the players or the recruiting staff instead
It won't just be Sando, can't see any of the assistants surviving. This club is getting what it finally needed, a cleanout. Would be surprised if Pods, Porps and Reilly are still on the list next year now (Porps was gone regardless). Sounds like we might start trading fringe players that are getting us nowhere.

This had to happen, as harsh as it is for Sando, who seems like a great bloke.

Sando is a good coach.

What cost him his job is two seasons of losing close games that cost us playing Finals. In both 2013/14 we had a (slim) chance to play Finals in the last round, and did not make it. He is a good coach, not a great one. When the chips were down we lost games.

It appears that sort of performance is not good enough for the new regime at the AFC. I personally am please that it appears the "near enough is good enough" attitude that our club has had for at least the last five years seems to have been swept away with Andrew Fagan and Roo coming into the club. As captain Roo never had this attitude and he certainly does not have it in his business life. It appears Fagan is of a similar ilk.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back