tropicaltiger

🏆2017 🏆2019 🏆2020
Jan 4, 2002
cairns
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Snakes
ive followed the tiges for a loooooooooong time and never imagined or seen this b4..... as we all know cotchin is in the top 5 players in the comp, as for lids im tippin b4 years out, we will have 2 players universally agreed by experts that they are both in the top 7/8 players in the comp.

Darth_Tiger

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 15, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Anaheim Ducks
As a full forward he'd easily kick 60 a year. The fact we opt to play him mostly in the midfield shows his value. Love watching him play and his game yesterday was a real highlight.

SpineDr

Debutant
Mar 4, 2009
Caulfield North
AFL Club
Richmond
I love the manner in which he's backed Cotchy unconditionally even though he would have loved to be captain. That is a sign of a team player and a gracious human being. Good luck Lids on what I think will be a massive year for you.

Dragonss

Premiership Player
Jun 9, 2012
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
New Orlean Hornets
ive followed the tiges for a loooooooooong time and never imagined or seen this b4..... as we all know cotchin is in the top 5 players in the comp, as for lids im tippin b4 years out, we will have 2 players universally agreed by experts that they are both in the top 7/8 players in the comp.
that was last year.

BC9_

Yellow & Black ???
Jan 31, 2013
AFL Club
Richmond
Fair to say my judgement of my favourite Richmond player runs on a continuum. It's usually Cotchin, but I look at Deledio and think to myself that he deserves an equal amount of admiration, he is just a champ. Won't be surprised if he goes up another level this season and wins the B&F. :thumbsu:

Oct 16, 2007
9th
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Dimma's wife
As a full forward he'd easily kick 60 a year. The fact we opt to play him mostly in the midfield shows his value. Love watching him play and his game yesterday was a real highlight.

other than that mark yesterday i'd have to say my favourite part was the 2 tackles in the 2nd quarter within a minute or so of eachother. he looked angry and hungry, like he had to take the man down in order to eat for the rest of the week, looked ferocious, great to watch and very hard but fair tackles. reason i like them is because for so many years he barely laid a tackle, then last year suddenly his tackle count went through the roof. has had a good start so far.

I love the manner in which he's backed Cotchy unconditionally even though he would have loved to be captain. That is a sign of a team player and a gracious human being. Good luck Lids on what I think will be a massive year for you.

it's expected of him to back cotch, gotta feel for him though. in the vid of dimma announcing captain and vice captain it looks like lids was really cut, he got a round of applause but he sat there with his hand to his face, eyes darting around the room and barely moving a muscle. may have just been a modest/nervous reaction but i think he was still genuinely still a bit disappointed at this point.

vmasco

Team Captain
Jul 15, 2012
Thereabouts
AFL Club
Richmond
Run and carry! Jeeez I love watching this passage of Lids (especially the front on shot :hearts: :D:hearts:o_O ) just looks so solid. The kick was a bit wobbly but was exactly what was needed for Cotch to go on and score. Low and fast.

Nov 23, 2000
Country Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
Lids seems to get the raw end of the stick when it comes to Cotch and Himself from both Tiger supporters and media.Perfect example is Sheehan,s top 50 today,He has Cotch in the top 10 yet has Lids in the 30,s.Now i know other players come into calculation but geez is Lids that far behind Cotch if at all?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hipster Doofus

Bigfooty's Neighbour
Feb 14, 2011
Apartment 5B
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Sacramento Kings
His two contested marks were outstanding today, vice like hands and certainly another I hope to see rested one-on-one in the goal sqaure like Cotch and Dusty.
His field and goal kicking looks superb as well, as does his pysique :p
Another solid year with more gut running through the middle thanks!

Has been super impressive in pre season. I genuinely think he can take his game to another level after a year getting the feeling of being a mid again. Just seems to be thriving with the responsibility of being a vice captain.

I think because Lids is so consistently good, that if he has a game where he doesn't play as well, it really stands out more than others.

More time in the forward line when resting and lots of goals will take him to a new level alltogether.

I don't think there is anything as good in football as when Lids is in full flight bouncing the ball through the middle of the ground, showing the opponents a clean pair of heals. Hope to see more of this in 2013.

Cheers,

Jun 18, 2007
Top of the tree
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
#VICBIAS
Ditto but only out laid $50. So close! Got a bit of it back by having a few bucks on both him and Mitchell for a place but not the same.
If you back a bloke like at the start of the year you need a Betfair account to lay him off at the end of the year when he's $5. Last year I backed Cotch at $60, then laid him at $4 on Brownlow day. Guaranteed collect.

If you back a bloke like at the start of the year you need a Betfair account to lay him off at the end of the year when he's $5. Last year I backed Cotch at $60, then laid him at $4 on Brownlow day. Guaranteed collect.

Does this mean you can trade your bet to someone? So you buy at bad odds and sell to someone at good odds down the track?

Jun 18, 2007
Top of the tree
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
#VICBIAS
Does this mean you can trade your bet to someone? So you buy at bad odds and sell to someone at good odds down the track?
Kind of. On Betfair it's punter v punter(s), so when you back a team, player or horse (whatever), someone (one or more people) else is 'laying' them, i.e. acting as the bookie giving you odds.

So if you stand to win $6k on Cotchin because you backed him at 60-1, you can offer odds of $5 (lay him) and set your liability limit to say $4k, meaning someone has to bet $1k with you. The bets are separate. One person (or a combination of people, typically) pays you $6k if Cotch wins, or takes your $100 if he doesn't. Another gives you $1k if Cotch loses, but you give him (them) $4k if Cotch wins (which you take out of your 6k from the first fella).

So from your original $100 bet you guarantee a net $1900 if Cotch wins, $900 if he doesn't. Relax and enjoy the night. Or you let it ride and be happy to lose $100 on the chance you could win 6k. Last year I leant towards a bigger collect if Cotch won, but ensured I profited if he didn't.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back