brian lake found drunk

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please. There is a difference between having too many drinks with his wife and friends, and 'causing a ruckus/harassing other patrons'. If we has still playing for us you wouldn't say that at all.

sounds like causing a ruckus to me and not some quiet drinks :oops:

But witnesses said tensions boiled over when others attempted to intervene and then police stepped in.

The onlookers said the altercation was not physical but the couple's argument escalated when others became involved.
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/la...vily-in-sorrento/story-fnat79vb-1226552981484

Really?

Not sure why him getting arrested would feel good to you - I don't think Lake did anything wrong by us, and the trade was a win-win.
I met Brain after the trade and he was really happy to get the chance to win a flag, then i told him i'm a bulldogs supporter then he awkwardly tried to change the convo.

Yesterday's hero, well past his use-by-date.

His brain fade against the Saints cost us a shot at a Grand Final a couple of years back, looks like he is still making some poor decisions.

His brain fade against the Saints cost us a shot at a Grand Final a couple of years back, looks like he is still making some poor decisions.

I think your post is a bit unfair. Firstly, he played some good footy last season and whilst his best may be past him he is still in the best 3-4 full backs in the league and no reason why he couldn't be AA next year.

Secondly, blaming Lake for the pre-lim lose rustles my jimmies even more. It's a team game and we might not have even made a pre-lim that year if it wasn't for Lake.

Let's not re-write history, there are plenty of 'yesterday's hero's' that played their hearts out for our club.

I figured he would have been giving some back to some drunken yobbo who was taking cheap shoits at a footballer, but he was actually arguing with his missus.

I dont hold any grudges for Lake, but that is funny, regardless.

I figured he would have been giving some back to some drunken yobbo who was taking cheap shoits at a footballer, but he was actually arguing with his missus.
Could have been doing both ;)

Really?
Not sure why him getting arrested would feel good to you - I don't think Lake did anything wrong by us, and the trade was a win-win.

Didn't do anything wrong by us ? Seriously - the guy left what he thought was a sinking ship.
Its been quoted that he sent Pask on a search to look into his best options for 2013 before the 2102 season had finished. I have heard this from numerous people including lake and hawthorn recruiting staff.

I would have preferred he left for money than success.

Should all us members leave the dogs and jump on whatever team is closest to success ? No you stay loyal.
He had the chance to play 200 games for our club and left jumping on board a team close to success.

Compare him to someone like Murphy and then tell me who has done and who has not done the right thing.

Just cause we did what seems to be OK from him leaving (time still to tell) it does not change his actions does it ???

Didn't do anything wrong by us ? Seriously - the guy left what he thought was a sinking ship.
Its been quoted that he sent Pask on a search to look into his best options for 2013 before the 2102 season had finished. I have heard this from numerous people including lake and hawthorn recruiting staff.

I would have preferred he left for money than success.

Should all us members leave the dogs and jump on whatever team is closest to success ? No you stay loyal.
He had the chance to play 200 games for our club and left jumping on board a team close to success.

Compare him to someone like Murphy and then tell me who has done and who has not done the right thing.

Just cause we did what seems to be OK from him leaving (time still to tell) it does not change his actions does it ???

Hmm, they are fair points you raise.

Thinking back to the end of 2009, he really did hold us over a barrel for a good contract too.

I guess ultimately I don't feel the utter resentment toward him, that I felt toward Nathan Brown, as Lake only left with a couple of seasons of his career left to chase that one shot at glory - an approach that I believed has worked out very well for our list.

But thinking about his attitude and requesting a trade, etc, it is pretty douche-like behaviour...

I wouldn't read into this. Herald sun just trying to sell papers. I think I'm the only one here who doesn't hate Brian.

I met Brain after the trade and he was really happy to get the chance to win a flag, then i told him i'm a bulldogs supporter then he awkwardly tried to change the convo.

What was he like when you said that?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What was he like when you said that?
bascially red faced and stumbled with his words trying to change the convo and i said to him, we will win a flag before you with a smile of course lol

I wouldn't read into this. Herald sun just trying to sell papers. I think I'm the only one here who doesn't hate Brian.

I don't hate Brian, he's one of favourite players of all time, even during his brain fades I felt he was more 'human' than most and that's what made him such a character and awesome player. I don't think many here hate him but let's not be biased because of that. I think the article is based on solid fact seeing as nobody has denied the allegations.

Couldn't give a toss what he does and doesn't do now. Like the earlier poster said, he's Hawthorn's problem now.

At 31 and with kids, I would have thought he'd have grown up and gained some maturity, but...

We wouldn't have been in the prelim if it wasn't for Lake. Let's not re-write history - he seems a bit of a tosser but he is a very very good footballer. Best back (bar grant 96) I've seen at the club. He will be All Australian full back this year

The fact that this is even news is exactly what's wrong with football atm

"Brian! How dare you get drunk and have an argument with your wife! Although this incident has no bearing on anything to do with your footballing ability, we feel it to be paramount to punish you by having you explain yourself to out leadership group and pay a fine!"

"Brian! How dare you get drunk and have an argument with your wife! Although this incident has no bearing on anything to do with your footballing ability, we feel it to be paramount to punish you by having you explain yourself to out leadership group and pay a fine!"

How do you feel about our clubs drafting policy of heavily weighting how much of a 'quality person' they are?

How do you feel about our clubs drafting policy of heavily weighting how much of a 'quality person' they are?

It all sounds very nice but in reality how good a person you are has no bearing on how successful you're going to be.

Didak, Swan, Akermanis, Cornes brothers to name a few. All complete ****s, all have premiership medals.

Chris Grant, Brad Johnson, Luke Darcy, Robert Murphy. Some of the best blokes you will ever meet in football. Unfortunately they have nothing.

I'm not saying the fact that these blokes are good blokes is why they haven't won a flag, but the likes of Didak, Swan etc are hardly "quality people", at least IMO anyway.

With regards to Lake, my problem with it ( and other similar instances of footy players being fined/suspended by their own clubs) is that clubs are sticking their nose into what's essentially none of their business.

The truth is that footballers are a part of society, and just as there's going to be some mechanics, office workers or whoever that act like complete knobs, some footballers will act like complete knobs. Some will be into drugs, some will act like dicks towards women, some will get pissed. s**t will happen. They're actual people.

Why do people expect Lake to be any different because he's a good footy player?

PS I have no problems with club's fining/laying down the law to players if their off field behaviour actually impacts on themselves as an athlete or their team as a whole i.e being out on the town a night before a game or missing training sessions, but getting pissed and having an argument with your wife?

Come on.

Brian has done media before organised by his clubs and his management, media just doing it's job reporting and it's Brian's fault this is the story they are running with

He has enjoyed the benefits a reasonably high media profile as a player - time to see the flip side when you screw up

He will get over it

Wonder if Nathan Eagleton has stopped laughing about it yet 'Karma' :D

I think your post is a bit unfair. Firstly, he played some good footy last season and whilst his best may be past him he is still in the best 3-4 full backs in the league and no reason why he couldn't be AA next year.

Secondly, blaming Lake for the pre-lim lose rustles my jimmies even more. It's a team game and we might not have even made a pre-lim that year if it wasn't for Lake.

Let's not re-write history, there are plenty of 'yesterday's hero's' that played their hearts out for our club.
To be fair, I was a bit harsh on Lake earlier this week. I've been copping crap about the trade all summer from smug hawks supporter mates that reckon we lost out on the deal.

I agree he did play some good footy at times last year, whilst not at the heights of a few years ago.

I don't think he was entirely responsible for the saints prelim loss, but that free kick he gave away was pretty bloody costly. A few too many brain fades for my liking, the suspension he received for hitting a bloke from the Saints game last season was just another example.

I seriously doubt he will make AA though, time will tell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back