Opinion Brian Lake: Will he play on in 2016?

Will Lake play on in 2015?

• Yes

Votes: 196 86.3%
  • No

Votes: 31 13.7%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lakes injury reads worse than what it is, Hodge's rib issue was also a little overstated back in 08 although not many would of played in the pain he endured. BTW, Lewis was on pain killers in the GF for his corkie and Birchall was on similar meds for his ongoing groin issue he aggravated weeks before. Watch Birchall pull up quickly after some plays in the 3qtr, if it wasn't for Rioli's situation he would've been subbed.
Lakes injury was very significant, watch how he winces when he gets hit on the right side of his belly during the grand final, I bet it really hurts a few days after having your belly opened up, he's a tough boy, make no mistake about it.

That sounds like a serious medical condition, oxygenated blood is usually red.
The gold would be from all the preseason frothies. Not sure about the brown... could be septic...

I for one thought that Brian Lake would be managed throughout 2015 and hope we could get 10-12 games out of him at best..

He has been rock solid!! Probably playing the most consistent that he has since coming to the Hawks, especially with the absence of Frawley and lack of KPD development he is one of our most important players in our structure at the moment..dare I say Irreplaceable!

If his form continues, and he has the hunger to go again no reason why he shouldn't get another crack in 2016.. :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think he deserves another 12 months. Frawley has been unlucky with injury, as has Spang, Schoey isn't a key defender and Gibson and Birch aren't built to take on the Hawkins and Clokes of the league.

Lake has been solid, not brilliant but I don't see how we wouldn't re-sign him for next year.

Full backs can go on a bit it seems - pace is never as hugely important playing on a big forward..

Full backs can go on a bit it seems - pace is never as hugely important playing on a big forward..

That being said, Lakey seems to keep up reasonably well with them for the most part. Plus when Frawley is back up and running, he can take the faster tall and Lake can cover the resting rucks.

yeah exactly. He reads the game well enough that he can use body contact to cover pace.

That's exactly right, and he's never had much pace anyway.
His two great assets are great strength in a contest, and smart reading of the play.

He excels in both and that enables him to beat the so-called "gorilla" forwards.

That's exactly right, and he's never had much pace anyway.
His two great assets are great strength in a contest, and smart reading of the play.

He excels in both and that enables him to beat the so-called "gorilla" forwards.
Getting towelled up by Cloke tonight, though.

hope he plays on...had he played in 2012....we would have been triple premiers going for 4 in a row.....there's no secret to hawthorns recent golden era....has been when he's come on board.....i remember back in 2010-12 in this forum....we were all searching for that gorilla defender....finally got him for 2013...and won a flag...now back to back.....if fletcher can play til his 40.....i hope brian plays at least close to his 40.....one of my fav players...of all time....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back