News Brian Taylor calls Harry Taylor "a big NTTAWWTter"

Remove this Banner Ad

Mar 7, 2009
On the Buses
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Melbourne Stars
http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/ch...a-big-NTTAWWTter/story-fnelctok-1226986839332

BRIAN Taylor has sparked outrage by calling Geelong defender Harry Taylor a “big NTTAWWTter” on live TV.
The outspoken commentator made the comment after footage was shown on Channel 7’s Saturday Night Footy panel show of Harry Taylor being chaired from the field last weekend.

God I hate BT. What a moron.

I despise Brian Taylor and will be ringing Ch 7 to say I will not watch their channel again until Taylor is removed from their lineup.

I do not care hugely about what he said (although it is VERY inappropriate), I just cant stand the bloke!

Someone on the main board thread provided a link to the complaints board. I NEVER thought I'd complain about being "offended" by a television show but this is too good an opportunity to miss. Was not offended by the language as I enjoy comedy shows that use far worse but to use such a slur at 630 on a show that kids are watching... he has a case to answer and I'm more than happy to add my voice to those calling for him to be boned!

Over reaction? So what? Not PC , and I presume because he is being chaired off after 150 games he is"soft" ie people of that orientation are soft.
Does any one really believe that is so? It like saying a guy is playing like a girl. Now some girls are much better players than I ever was but most would agree that in nearly ever sport girls are not boys equal (highest level)

He is an idiot and deserves no audience at all , but is that the worst thing he has ever said? Really?

Over reaction? So what? Not PC , and I presume because he is being chaired off after 150 games he is"soft" ie people of that orientation are soft.
Does any one really believe that is so? It like saying a guy is playing like a girl. Now some girls are much better players than I ever was but most would agree that in nearly ever sport girls are not boys equal (highest level)

He is an idiot and deserves no audience at all , but is that the worst thing he has ever said? Really?
Don't think it's an overreaction at all. A guy has used a gay slur about a football player on a prime time television show for a billion dollar network program. The AFL will be furious.

It's not about being PC. The anti-PC argument is frequently just a trojan horse that allows morons like BT to get away with saying stuff that is patently offensive to most people. Equating gay people with being soft, implying cowardice and lack of character, as he did, is just off. That said, this particular incident could be the trojan horse we need to get this utter fool off our screens for good.

It's not about being PC. The anti-PC argument is frequently just a trojan horse that allows morons like BT to get away with saying stuff that is patently offensive to most people. Equating gay people with being soft, implying cowardice and lack of character, as he did, is just off. That said, this particular incident could be the trojan horse we need to get this utter fool off our screens for good.

As I said , to me its a very empty comment because it has no merit. Far more hurtful if it had a element of truth. Its funny how unacceptable comments tend to be more acceptable when directed from some people and not from others. A different debate I know but like Africancan Americans calling each other the N word, or for that matter I have Gay people deriding each other that way. Or women calling each other Female Dogs. Anyway I not fussed about it . If he Harry was that way inclined perhaps it would be more hurtful.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As I said , to me its a very empty comment because it has no merit. Far more hurtful if it had a element of truth. Its funny how unacceptable comments tend to be more acceptable when directed from some people and not from others. A different debate I know but like Africancan Americans calling each other the N word, or for that matter I have Gay people deriding each other that way. Or women calling each other Female Dogs. Anyway I not fussed about it . If he Harry was that way inclined perhaps it would be more hurtful.

I think it was one of those things moronic enough for the context/intended target not to really matter –– you just can't say sh*t like that, because the offense goes way beyond HT.

I think it was one of those things moronic enough for the context/intended target not to really matter –– you just can't say sh*t like that, because the offense goes way beyond HT.
OK , I get that it can not be said. Not much can be now , but its so far away from reality, how is it really offensive. Anyway , I'm sure he will be hung drawn and quartered so have no fear he will pay a price.
Just asking? Is calling someone a moron that bad because its insulting to people that are mentally challenged? What about when calling umpire Martians ... just about all negative comments denigrate someone.

OK , I get that it can not be said. Not much can be now , but its so far away from reality, how is it really offensive. Anyway , I'm sure he will be hung drawn and quartered so have no fear he will pay a price.
Just asking? Is calling someone a moron that bad because its insulting to people that are mentally challenged? What about when calling umpire Martians ... just about all negative comments denigrate someone.

It's not that far from reality for, say, a young gay footballer, who sees BT say that to an audience of millions and becomes even more terrified of coming out. Again, it implies gay people are more than a sexual orientation, they are defective in character. That's just not ok.

It's not that far from reality for, say, a young gay footballer, who sees BT say that to an audience of millions and becomes even more terrified of coming out. Again, it implies gay people are more than a sexual orientation, they are defective in character. That's just not ok.
Great post

49983_ff8f44d9dd71d05c3ae5c15b4fb69fb6.png

It's as harmless as Eddies racist comment eh? Covert homophobia still exists in this community like calling lame things Gay, for example. But taking the PC arguement out of it, it's still just a moronic thing for a media presenter to say in 2014. No doubt he was playing for cheap laughs, like Eddie was with his comment about Goodes. Doesn't make it right. We deserve better than that.

Last edited:
Channel 7 should be the one apologising for making everyone have to listen to an idiotic production of the national sport.

What BT said is less important than what he represents when in that role.

There will always be people offended and people who aren't by words so nothing will come from going that direction with this opportunity - that's not the debate to have when presented with this opportunity to change things up.

The Channel 7 production team are the ones who decided not to build a commentary team of intelligent, professional presenters who can raise the quality of the experience.

Instead they've actively gone for the clown show approach and braced this kind of idiocy to degrade the minds of it's viewers. You can guarantee they ran actuaries on what will sell ad revenue and built their presentation and commentary team around that - they've angled at the lowest denominator on purpose.

That's the debate to flame from this spark - we're sick of it - and if you're not, then you're the person they are targeting!

A professional sportscaster would never had made that mistake because it would never cross their mind to even speak the thought if it came to them at the moment. It's an issue of quality rather than an issue of offense because level of offense is personal.

People can choose to be offended or not - sticks & stones - but putting a dimwit on TV every weekend is going to lead to dimwitted incidents and that is purely the fault of the producers as a fish rots from the head down. He shouldn't have said ANYTHING unless it was positive because Harry being chaired off was a POSITIVE moment.

His choice of words isn't his fault just as the dog that spews on the carpet because it ran around in circles to fast after it ate isn't at fault for being stupid and not knowing better. If BT said "Harry looks like a big wus" it would be just as inappropriate, just as stupid, just as clownish.

Instead of a national debate about a word and whether it crosses the rubicon of offense and should be thrown down the memory hole to become another thought-crime for everyone to duck and cover from - the opportunity to air the laundry list of problems with the overall shabby and deteriorating production Channel 7 produces every week is the important thing to take from this, BT just opened the door for everyone to cram their foot in.

Teach the dog stop running around in circles and calm down after it eats so it doesn't throw up, don't whack it on the nose and expect it to change it's ways.

Last edited by a moderator:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back