Bring back 'Holy Grail' by Hunters & Collectors

Remove this Banner Ad

I know it was flogged pretty hard one year, but was the best song around finals time.

Would be cool to have it as some sort of official AFL finals anthem.
Agreed. Was a great intro song into the match of the day, I think during the channel 10 days?

This song has nothing to do with Australian Rules Football!

I am sick to death of fans trying to reclassify a perfectly good song about Napoleon's invasion of Russia into something it's not. All because a TV network used it in a promo.

If you want a football song, pick one made for the game. Mike Brady, Greg Champion, The Music Men all made some good ones.

51286.jpg

I am sick to death of fans trying to reclassify a perfectly good song about Napoleon's invasion of Russia into something it's not. All because a TV network used it in a promo.

If you want a football song, pick one made for the game. Mike Brady, Greg Champion, The Music Men all made some good ones.

Metaphors, how do they work?

Anything can be a metaphor for anything else. That's how they work.

Why is Holy Grail anymore of a footy song than Hall of Fame or Stronger or Another One Bites The Dust or Eye Of The Tiger? Just because Channel Ten flogged it to death?

It's a fitting metaphor. It's a long quest with a reward most find just out of their grasp.

Look, I'm the last person who'd defend H&C as great artists, but "Holy Grail" is a catchy rock-pop song with a dramatic intro and a singalong chorus. You're being obtuse. It was a good fit at Channel Ten and the OP is making a valid point.

Or something by Bjork
Holy s**t, yes. This is my favourite song of hers.

It's a fitting metaphor. It's a long quest with a reward most find just out of their grasp.

Look, I'm the last person who'd defend H&C as great artists, but "Holy Grail" is a catchy rock-pop song with a dramatic intro and a singalong chorus. You're being obtuse. It was a good fit at Channel Ten and the OP is making a valid point.
I reckon we should lobby for some Godspeed to be played, actually. Bit of Dead Flag Blues with a special narrator maybe.

"I open up my wallet, and it's full of blood." - Andrew Demetriou

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's actually about H&C's attempt and failure to break into the American market, using the metaphor of Napoleon's invasion (which they had recently read a book about).

Woah, u *in mad bro?!

Channel 10 were the ones to use it for their coverage every year. Channel 7 have moved away from it.

Footy on TV reached its' peak during the Channel 10 years.

Polished without being tacky, as Seven manages week in, week out. Great commentators, graphics, intros, the lot. Never been better.

I'd love to see Ten get the rights back.

Footy on TV reached its' peak during the Channel 10 years.

Polished without being tacky, as Seven manages week in, week out. Great commentators, graphics, intros, the lot. Never been better.

I'd love to see Ten get the rights back.

And of course the wondrous (and dreaded) 5 minute warning!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back