Opinion Bring Back the Death Penalty

Remove this Banner Ad

Never bring back the death penalty. Yes some people may deserve it but invariably what happens is the poor and socially disadvantaged get the death penalty while those who can afford good lawyers get off.
Also we should never give Govts the right to kill citizens.

Big fat no to death penalty

Never bring back the death penalty. Yes some people may deserve it but invariably what happens is the poor and socially disadvantaged get the death penalty while those who can afford good lawyers get off.
Also we should never give Govts the right to kill citizens.

Big fat no to death penalty

Then why should Tax-Payers pay to look after Child Rapists and Killers?

So you say the Government would just start Killing the Poor?

If you look at world examples you will see that it is generally the poor who get the death penalty. The wealthy can afford good lawyers and end up doing prison time.

Also we have to consider one more thing. Many of these people who commit these types of crimes are mentally ill. Do we start killing people because they are mentally ill? It's a horrible thing I know but there are many factors that need to be taken into account. Also TD if you look at the research you will find that the death penalty has very little effect as a deterrent.

And yes as Tax payers we have to pay for all sorts of things, including prisoners. That's part of living in a civilized country.

It's a very complicated issue TD and just saying hang them is not the answer. I do understand how disgusted these things make us feel but the death penalty will not solve the problem.

If you look at world examples you will see that it is generally the poor who get the death penalty. The wealthy can afford good lawyers and end up doing prison time.

Also we have to consider one more thing. Many of these people who commit these types of crimes are mentally ill. Do we start killing people because they are mentally ill? It's a horrible thing I know but there are many factors that need to be taken into account. Also TD if you look at the research you will find that the death penalty has very little effect as a deterrent.

And yes as Tax payers we have to pay for all sorts of things, including prisoners. That's part of living in a civilized country.

It's a very complicated issue TD and just saying hang them is not the answer. I do understand how disgusted these things make us feel but the death penalty will not solve the problem.

So you say the Guy who killed the Girl should be put in a Nut House?

Dave, do you think a rapist would rather be put to death relatively painlessly, or be stuck in prison where they're the lowest of the low, preyed upon by other inmates and every opportunity?

I'd rather he spends a few years in goal looking over his shoulder, expecting Larry long prong to bend him over and give him a dose of his own medicine.

So you say the Guy who killed the Girl should be put in a Nut House?
Maybe. I don't know the circumstances. But quite often a mental institution is more appropriate.

I will give you an example. I was a policeman in Victoria for a few years and in our area was a convicted pedophile. Quite often we would randomly visit his house and check to make sure he wasn't up to no good. This guy was probably in his mid 40's and whenever he answered the door he would have a huge grin and be happy to see us. He had the mental development of someone who is probably about 13 yo. He couldn't understand why it was wrong to have relationships with children. He knew he wasn't allowed to, he even did time in prison but he couldn't understand that what he was doing was wrong.

Maybe. I don't know the circumstances. But quite often a mental institution is more appropriate.

I will give you an example. I was a policeman in Victoria for a few years and in our area was a convicted pedophile. Quite often we would randomly visit his house and check to make sure he wasn't up to no good. This guy was probably in his mid 40's and whenever he answered the door he would have a huge grin and be happy to see us. He had the mental development of someone who is probably about 13 yo. He couldn't understand why it was wrong to have relationships with children. He knew he wasn't allowed to, he even did time in prison but he couldn't understand that what he was doing was wrong.

So you think that Most of The Pedophiles have Mental Issues that don't let them Comprehend how wrong it is.

So when the Commit these Terrible Crimes they don't Realise what they are doing?

So you think that Most of The Pedophiles have Mental Issues that don't let them Comprehend how wrong it is.

So when the Commit these Terrible Crimes they don't Realise what they are doing?
Not sure how many of them have mental issues but quite often it is a factor.

Well then I guess IF are Proven then Death Penalty be too Harsh but what happens IF they knew exactly what they are Doing?

I'd assume that ALL of them by definition have psychological issues.
Actually I think you have a point Smokey. It's not the action of a normally functioning individual.
I think part of what needs to be determined when punishing them is how aware they are of what they are doing is wrong. Some of them know full well but can't control their urges whereas others like the one I gave in my example can't comprehend that what they are doing wrong.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Actually I think you have a point Smokey. It's not the action of a normally functioning individual.
I think part of what needs to be determined when punishing them is how aware they are of what they are doing is wrong. Some of them know full well but can't control their urges whereas others like the one I gave in my example can't comprehend that what they are doing wrong.

1 thing for Sure. either Reason, you don't really want them around in Public Really. Because they are some chance of Re-Offending

Very few people with mental illness's are actually violent, from what I know its approximately only 2 per cent of those suffering that are ever are outwardly violent. Which from my own knowledge is lower than those who don't suffer from mental illness.

Just see the Guy who Rapped and Killed the 11 year old girl.

The Death Penalty is what he should and deserve to get
The death penalty should never be allowed since it achieves nothing and can be abused by those in power. Those who offend are never going to be persuaded to not do an act because most of the time they would believe that they cannot be caught. In terms of this particular crime sending this man to death would be nothing more than an act of revenge since it will never bring the girl back. Society needs to be more proactive in putting up measures to make sure that these incidents don't occur rather than being extremely reactive and knee jerk.

Such a complicated issue and more often than not one driven by emotion of such examples as you raise TD. The death penalty makes us no better than many we fight against or police and it will never return here to Australia IMO

Id prefer that we introduced limb amputation. All paedophiles, rapists, murderers and evil bastards should have Both legs and one arm removed. The sex offenders should also have the genetals washed in a highly corrosive acid bath with the intention of rendering those parts completely useless.

After the amputations the should be let back into society and forced to support themselves without any assistance.

I bet you this would make a lot of these offenders much more reluctant to do their crimes.

Most paedophilles are highly educated and well connected people. These guys range from politicians to clergyman. These guys don't have mental problems. All they have is pure evil within them. Nothing less.

Lawyers/solicitors, whatever you want to call them, have become so good at their jobs defending these parasites that they'll use any angle to try and get their paying customers off.

People use the mental impairment argument way too much and without having actual mental impairment.

Such a complicated issue and more often than not one driven by emotion of such examples as you raise TD. The death penalty makes us no better than many we fight against or police and it will never return here to Australia IMO

So Death Penalty mean we like living in the Dark Ages?

Stupid thing is that they then get out even after doing something that bad

Most paedophilles are highly educated and well connected people. These guys range from politicians to clergyman. These guys don't have mental problems. All they have is pure evil within them. Nothing less.

Lawyers/solicitors, whatever you want to call them, have become so good at their jobs defending these parasites that they'll use any angle to try and get their paying customers off.

People use the mental impairment argument way too much and without having actual mental impairment.

That why you see people that have Pictures on there Hard-Drives of Kid pr0n. They work as a Group and I dare say have Web-Sites/Chat Rooms they talk about this stuff

That why you see people that have Pictures on there Hard-Drives of Kid pr0n. They work as a Group and I dare say have Web-Sites/Chat Rooms they talk about this stuff

Yeah, those pricks are very resourceful.
Unfortunately, they very hard to stop also.

Will be nice if the day ever arrives and those type of people are anhilated.

I'm not totally against bringing back the death penalty in essence but the fear of a mistake being made and someone being killed prematurely before later perhaps finding evidence to acquit them is too high, particularly with natural human error. Even if it occurred just once in multiple centuries that's one too many times for it to have been worth returning the death penalty.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back