List Mgmt. Bring James Stewart Home

Remove this Banner Ad

After 1 game he is an Elite KPF:eek:

If anyone over hypes anything on this board its u. There is no middle ground whatsoever

Im not saying he is elite, never said it but he has a s**t load of potential, and if u cant see that i cant help u.

We r crying out for key forwards to help cloke and for the future and we recruit washed up spuds like lynch and white.

We should be enquiring about him, having stewart and moore could set us up like getting reid and brown in their draft year.

It was effectively a choice between James Stewart (has now played 3 games) or Jackson Ramsay (has now 2 games) ?

Too early to say whether we stuffed that decision up, surely?
That's pretty simplistic.

Hine said after the draft that he didn't nominate him because he didn't want to tie up one of his picks a month before the actual draft. Considering we had 3 in the top 20 it was fair enough.

Let him go! He is gone! Won't be back! Though their is a small possibility if not signed with GWS already!

Only on BF are you a hero after one 3 goal AFL game. If he's as good as everyone in this thread seems to think, 17 clubs should be exceptionally dirty they didn't get him. :drunk:
From all reports he was taken well above expectations on draft day and was expected to last until much later had GWS not stopped picking at 27 and wanted him on their list. He may turn out to be a fine player but I wouldn't be slitting my wrists over him just yet

Only on BF are you a hero after one 3 goal AFL game. If he's as good as everyone in this thread seems to think, 17 clubs should be exceptionally dirty they didn't get him. :drunk:
From all reports he was taken well above expectations on draft day and was expected to last until much later had GWS not stopped picking at 27 and wanted him on their list. He may turn out to be a fine player but I wouldn't be slitting my wrists over him just yet

Wanted him before todays game and stated as much. Wait until next year when he adds more bulk to that frame

GWS have stockpiled talls knowing they will have good trade value in the future.

I'd think we didn't nominate him because it has to be done before trade week then we are committed to that draft pick and not able to trade, who knows what could've come up.

I tend to agree, but they do hav a s**t load of tall forwards so u never know. They hav cameron, patton, thomlinson and boyd ahead of stewart, then theres jaechks and mccarthy.
Genuinely the worst attempt at Kristian Jaksch's last name I have ever seen lol.

That's not right. If we had of nominated him we would have been forced to use a much higher pick given GWS took him at 27.

That's not right at all. First of all, we could not be forced to use any pick. If the price was going to be too high, we let him go. Secondly, no club obvioulsy rated him before our first pick, and therefore wouldn't have nominated him.

We would have had to make a call between Stewart and Ramsay, and to be honest could have probably had them both.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's not right at all. First of all, we could not be forced to use any pick. If the price was going to be too high, we let him go. Secondly, no club obvioulsy rated him before our first pick, and therefore wouldn't have nominated him.

We would have had to make a call between Stewart and Ramsay, and to be honest could have probably had them both.

There is no way we could have got Stewart with our last pick. We could have secured Stewart for our 2nd round pick, but with Dawes and Wellingham on the trade table, Hines couldn't afford to have that pick tied up during the trade process.

If anyone over hypes anything on this board its u. There is no middle ground whatsoever

Im not saying he is elite, never said it but he has a s**t load of potential, and if u cant see that i cant help u.

We r crying out for key forwards to help cloke and for the future and we recruit washed up spuds like lynch and white.

We should be enquiring about him, having stewart and moore could set us up like getting reid and brown in their draft year.
His point stands though doesnt it. I dont get why one decent game from him at GWS vs average opposition means we should be wringing our hands about not picking him up

Bingo, fact is Hine didn't rate him and imo stuffed up.

There is no way we could have got Stewart with our last pick. We could have secured Stewart for our 2nd round pick, but with Dawes and Wellingham on the trade table, Hines couldn't afford to have that pick tied up during the trade process.

You at least nominate him and see where the cards fall, Hine isn't forced to match a bid.

His point stands though doesnt it. I dont get why one decent game from him at GWS vs average opposition means we should be wringing our hands about not picking him up

The same average opposition that beat us? Do yourself a favour and look at few of the highlights. Remember he is nearly 200cm and look how good he moves.

What would James Stewart give us that Cory Gault doesn't?

(Serious question)
All i can see is that Gault can split a pack witch i like and james is your carlisle swingman.

Stewart just doesn't look a key positon player to me. Rather a tall flanker like an Andrejs Everitt. The question marks around draft time were his lack of physicality for a supposed 'big' player. Has that been dismissed yet ?

Not concerned at all we didn't take him. Therein lies the issue with nominating and taking a father/son so early in the piece. I hope it works out well for us with Darcy Moore, in so much as other teams notably, Dogs, cheats and Suns think again about possibly tying up their 1st pick before trade week and 7 weeks before the draft.

I recall watching Tambling in 2005 in the pre-season and he played very well. I thought Richmond have a good player here. Very early days.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back