Senior List
Jan 18, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
AFL
Hi all,

I'm searching for Full Games winning or losing were the Brisbane Bear played from 1987 to 1996. Willing to buy or swap as l have a huge list myself in my collection.

Thanks
Matt

Old VFL AFL Game

Senior List
Jan 18, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
AFL
Hey mate,

Thank you for the message just check my list and l do have the 1987 R1 North Melbourne vs Brisbane Bear in full, but thanks for the message with regards that.

Will send a email to you Steve and see what we can work out, thanks mate :)

DrazPetro

Draftee
Aug 24, 2012
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Does anyone know if Vossy's 1992 debut vs Fitzroy was televised? Is there any footage in circulation? I noticed that nothing was shown on Open Mike, and just assumed that if they had footage they would have shown it.

Also Matt: would you mind listing the Bears games you already have? Would be interested in seeing what you have gathered. It seems as though we used to have a televised home game (and inevitably losing) on every Sunday afternoon in early to mid nineties.

Old VFL AFL Game

Senior List
Jan 18, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
AFL
That's a good question the 1992 game was on a Saturday afternoon so not to sure if it was televised that weekend, but did see Open Mike last night as well.

I can send you the games that l have got to do with Brisbane Bears, and l will be getting a lot more in due time though out this year from a number of people that collect old VFL and AFL games. Channel Seven uses to play games dating back to the 80's and 90's in that time.

Also do you collect old vfl and afl games yourself?

Will send you my list via inbox message to you

cheers

Pacman82

Premiership Player
Oct 24, 2011
Earth
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
SMFC | Celtics
I'd love to watch Brisbane's first two VFL matches, in they're entirety, where they beat Geelong and North Melbourne. A link or upload would be much appreciated.

DrazPetro

Draftee
Aug 24, 2012
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Thanks for the PM, Matt. Nice list.

Name a Game only has 4 of the 7 games played on Rd 18, 1992, not including Bris-Fitz of course. They have both Haw-NM and Ess-Foot, both of which had a starting time (2:10 Sat arvo) the same as Bris-Fitz, so I doubt there's much chance it was televised. Perhaps the club has a copy, maybe a clean feed without commentary.

Mar 21, 2008
FNQ
AFL Club
Tasmania
Other Teams
Devils, Tigers & Jackjumpers
Hi all,

I'm searching for Full Games winning or losing were the Brisbane Bear played from 1987 to 1996. Willing to buy or swap as l have a huge list myself in my collection.

Thanks
Matt
You've probably already got it, but Fitzroy v Brisbane R4 1987 in on ebay under "afl vhs"...as of today, Anzac Day 2014, you've got four days...!

Old VFL AFL Game

Senior List
Jan 18, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
AFL
thanks mate for letting me know with regards the 1987 R4, that was actually me placing that game on ebay 5 days ago, got four days left, so far got 2 bid going at the moment but do have another 14 or so games to place on ebay coming soon. cheers mate

Back