Brisbane/Fitzroy relationship discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

I'll address a couple of points there....

** Bowers/Kelly still would have proceeded with this function. Why? Purely based on the financial return. They would have pledged their unified love of Fitzroy, again, based on the financial return for the club, this function will generate.

Bowers and Kelly might have seen a higher return in having it in Brisbane for instance? Who knows. Chances are they would have found a way to bugger it up though.

** In reference to you suggestion people are over zelous or saying the club is 'screwing us over'. These opinions or feelings are based on the behaviour and actions of the club. Lets remember one key point these people dont own the club- they run it on behalf of the members and supporters. Period.

True, and its one reason why they both got moved on. The rest of the Board could see that they lost the supporters over a number of issues. But I'm not willing to put the current Board in the same boat as the past Board at the moment. They seem to be fundamentally different. I personally believe the Paddle Pop issue can't be solved this year due to commercial deals already in play hanging over from the Bowers/Kelly regime. That is the outstanding issue I see, and because of that commercial standing, I won't put the present Board in the same boat as Kelly/Bowers.

Firstly the jumpers- why would the lions be the only AFL club- with an attached history of over 100 years, design HYBRID, FAKE HERITAGE JUMPERS??

Common sense would tell you either A. They dont fully appreciate the 100 years of history, which the Fitzroy Football Club, apparently brought to them. Or B. They chose to include two HYBRID FAKE HERITAGE jumpers in their designs, to try and distance themselves from Fitzroy's actual real heritage jumpers, in the hope a hybrid jumper would get the nod.

Common sense is actually telling me that "C: We didn't quite get it 100% right" might also be a common sense reason. Maybe they don't quite realise the tension that hybrids could cause with some people? If they wanted a hybrid full stop, why would they have provided option 1? I can't see a conspiracy theory like you potentially can - I can see a "not 100% right" scenario though, hence the constructive criticism, rather than the "they might have deliberately done this" option.

I just don't think the 'sky is falling' on this one. I just think it wasn't quite done as well as it could have been done.

:(

I liked #2.

Yeh number 2 was my second choice, surprised it never even gave a show in the voting, although people probably stopped voting for it once it was a 2 horse race.

Glad number 1 won, lets hope this time they put the right colour sleeves on and the FFC is nice and high.

Don't count those chickens, since 1pm

Green.gif

OPTION 1: 1956-1973 (50% - 9136) 30 votes
Green.gif

OPTION 2: 1912-1941 (5% - 888) 9 votes
Green.gif

OPTION 3: 1897-1908 (45% - 8366) 424 votes

OPTION 1: 1956-1973 (51% - 9106)
OPTION 2: 1912-1941 (5% - 879)
OPTION 3: 1897-1908 (44% - 7942)

As of 1pm.
Supposedly closes today but unsure what time

:(

I liked #2.
Yeah ... I guess Nino Culotta was right, we [of Option #2 preferred] are just a wierd mob.

Me thinks some serious vote rigging is going on

OPTION 1: 1956-1973 (50% - 10032) 926 votes since 1pm
OPTION 3: 1897-1908 (45% - 10037) 2095 votes :eek:

yep the number is climbing very sharply. Wonder if they'll come out with revised figures for unique IP address entries at the end. Eg only count one from each.

number 3 just went up another 400 hits in the last 2 minutes. Someone seems to have written a bot to get it the most votes.

Me thinks some serious vote rigging is going on

OPTION 1: 1956-1973 (50% - 10032) 926 votes since 1pm
OPTION 3: 1897-1908 (45% - 10037) 2095 votes :eek:

Yeh looks to me someone at the office has realise they wont sell number 1 as we have worn them so pick number 3 and everyone can buy a new jumper. Oh well the voting system at least sounded good in theory.

Wonder if they'll come out with revised figures for unique IP address entries at the end. Eg only count one from each.

Surveymonkey (the software I believe they're using) has that functionality IIRC.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeh looks to me someone at the office has realise they wont sell number 1 as we have worn them so pick number 3 and everyone can buy a new jumper. Oh well the voting system at least sounded good in theory.

Why does it have to be the Club behind it?

Why would anyone else care this much?

You've been reading this thread, right?

There are obviously at least two parties gaming the figures.

Would crack me up if de-duping meant #2 ends up winning.

Can't have a vote without ridiculous whacko conspiracy theories.

If the club was going to doctor the vote, they wouldn't have given us glimpses of the progress voting.

I call for an inquiry. I am pretty sure my chad didn't punch all the way through when I voted for #1.

Can't have a vote without ridiculous whacko conspiracy theories.

If the club was going to doctor the vote, they wouldn't have given us glimpses of the progress voting.

I call for an inquiry. I am pretty sure my chad didn't punch all the way through when I voted for #1.

Mooching war widows......

Surely the club couldn't be dumb enough to accept what has happened in the last couple of hours. Clearly something is not right and it'd be a shame if one idiot with an auto clicker ruined this for everybody. No deadline for the voting to end is also a foolish mistake.

The fix is definitely in! I blaim Robbie Waterhouse - are these heritage jumpers made of 'Fine Cotton'???

Rather than some clever bot, I want it to be someone who's done it manually. Hands up everyone - who has the bruised and bloodied thumb from voting, then backpaging, then voting, then backpaging...?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back