Rumour Brisbane Lions academy players involved in alleged beer bottle rape?

Remove this Banner Ad

Came here to bag the Lions, left with a beer bottle and a dull ache.

Nothing story (as far as footy is related, I'm sure it's traumatic for the young man involved).

This story is essentially the equivalent of linking a fringe member of the Geelong Falcons Reserves of a few years ago to the Geelong Cats team of today.

Shocking desperate journalism.

Shocking act by the accused to. Disgusting - hope the book gets thrown at him.

???

Obviously my post was only applicable /if/ it were Keays and Hipwood and /if/ they were found guilty. Do you disagree that in the situation that both of those variables are true that it won't effect the Brisbane Lions even though it's not your fault? Literally the only point I was making..

Now that it has been clearly established it's not those two my post is irrelevant but that's all I was getting at.
My primary motivation for posting here at all is to highlight the point that TBD also makes below:
So it's a lesson on not jumping to wild conclusions in the absence of facts?

Having said that, it is a disgusting thing that they have done and I'm glad they are being exposed as the completely filthy animals that they are. The primary motivation behind the initial HS/CM article and this very thread is to smear the Lions and the academy and make it seem like the sort of place that encourages acts like this, which is just completely and utterly above and out of reach of what should be acceptable. There's stuff that you can troll, and then there's implying that the Lions encourage rape.

Disgusting.

Yeah, why should we believe the General Manager of Comms at the club when we have the airtight, agenda-free BigFooty Scandals board.

Think someone needs to take a deep breath.

No one was saying we shouldn't believe your general manager. It's just that no one gives 2 shits about their name, so when random Brisbane lion supporter posts twitter responses from random Steele Tallon dude, of course people are going to question who he is.

Deep. Breath. And. Exhale.

Having said that, it is a disgusting thing that they have done and I'm glad they are being exposed as the completely filthy animals that they are. The primary motivation behind the initial HS/CM article and this very thread is to smear the Lions and the academy and make it seem like the sort of place that encourages acts like this, which is just completely and utterly above and out of reach of what should be acceptable. There's stuff that you can troll, and then there's implying that the Lions encourage rape.

Disgusting.

Again, another deep breath candidate.

This thread was started in the rumours section based on a media report (which of course was a terrible article, not arguing that) that implied that the players were actually linked to Brisbane as potential players in this years upcoming drafts. That's threadworthy. We now know that the players aren't even linked at all. Other than 1 troll, no one is saying Brisbane encouraged rape you dope.

Think someone needs to take a deep breath.

No one was saying we shouldn't believe your general manager. It's just that no one gives 2 shits about their name, so when random Brisbane lion supporter posts twitter responses from random Steele Tallon dude, of course people are going to question who he is.

Deep. Breath. And. Exhale.
But Steele isn't some "random dude". So, there ya go.

This thread was started in the rumours section based on a media report (which of course was a terrible article, not arguing that) that implied that the players were actually linked to Brisbane as potential players in this years upcoming drafts. That's threadworthy. We now know that the players aren't even linked at all. Other than 1 troll, no one is saying Brisbane encouraged rape you dope.
Well, 2 trolls actually.

You're probably right though.

No popin is 100% on the mark. You are a Collingwood Troll.

Why don't you post what you wrote on you board re this topic???

Pity your mods removed it.....although I did see it before it disappeared.....sick comment just like this alleged rape!
I'm sorry but I have NFI what you're talking about.

I have been saying for a while that the Brisbane Lions culture is toxic, these revelations further strengthen my point. I know that Aish was subject to some serious bullying at his time at the Lions (nothing as bad or as serious as this) but this just goes to show that something is seriously wrong at the Lions.
Well, your mob apparently.
Looks like the BrissO players involved still live and training at BrissO, good luck with this case ;) #xxxx
I'm doubting they have left if they're applying for bale to train with their academy team mates (which is what I gleaned from the article posted).
I count 6.

And as for jumping to conclusions, how's the form of the last 2 quoted above?

Anyway, a couple of grubby football wannabes allegedly took part in a horrific crime. Not anything to do with the Lions, so I guess this thread can now be knocked on the head.

So two guys who were on a development squad of potential prospects but were let go 2 years ago are somehow still linked to our club? There is desperate journalism, and then there is this.

They may still be "aspiring" to play for the Lions but the club gave up on them two years ago.

Look how extensive these squads are for context.

My first post as RoonFTW. Am a former BigFooty member who forgot my login details and renewed under my Twitter handle. G'day!

For what it's worth:

I was in court this morning when this matter came on. Tweeted about it around noon. Was doing a spot of research this evening and found this thread.

The defendant obviously can't be identified in Qld until after the matter is committed to a higher court. This is a prohibition on publication; can be named in open court. His name is on the 2014 academy squad list Brown Dog posted above.

Only one of the players mentioned in today's reports appeared in court today. Steele Tallon is right about this guy. He was formerly, but is NOT a current Lions academy player. The court heard today that he currently plays for a NEAFL team. It is correct to say he is a quality player. This is a terrible thing to have happened to the victim. The player intends to contest the allegations

One of the other co-accused named in court plays for the same team. Their bail conditions prohibit contact with each other, the other co-accused & the victim. This offence took a long time to come to light and for charges to be laid. The no-contact provisions didn't get in the way during the off-season.

With pre-season coming around, his solicitor attempted to have the bail condition varied to allow contact at or around the club for the purposes of training &/or playing. It should have been a simple exercise.

It just happened to be that a large media contingent was on hand for some nasty child sex case heard just prior, and stayed on when this matter started to go pear-shaped. Unfortunately, his lawyer made a ham-fisted attempt at the variation, causing the whole set of prosecution allegations to be read out.

The prosecutor got all muddled, getting things mixed up and the lawyer tried to play it down and said some pretty loose things, but the facts sounded pretty bad when read out by the prosecutor. With a gallery full of media, the magistrate lost his bottle and refused the variation. I reckon a properly made bail variation, supported by official club documentation would allow the boys to train together, provided of course, the club wants to keep them on.

The main take-away is NOT current, but former academy player; current NEAFL player accused with a team-mate of rape of another man using the neck of a beer bottle in his anus, whilst unconscious; not any of the players named above; lawyer botched the submissions AND prosecutor confused the magistrate, press & public; lawyer's "youthful prank" comment hit social media; and, the clueless News Ltd jernalist linked the former Lions academy player as a current aspirant/squad player. Or, was it clickbait?

ABC got it bang-on: http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-10-...d-beer-bottle-rape-of-friend-in-court/6879200

Yeah, why should we believe the General Manager of Comms at the club when we have the airtight, agenda-free BigFooty Scandals board.

Brisbane Lions media manager (comms GM more specifically)

You should let them know and I am sure they will get right on it.
Thanks for clearing it up. Most non Lions supporters wouldn't have a clue who he is.

A media statement from the club to clarify the association and distancing themselves from the situation would probably be a good idea. (years of media relations experience here)

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My first post as RoonFTW. Am a former BigFooty member who forgot my login details and renewed under my Twitter handle. G'day!

For what it's worth:

The prosecutor got all muddled, getting things mixed up and the lawyer tried to play it down and said some pretty loose things, but the facts sounded pretty bad when read out by the prosecutor. With a gallery full of media, the magistrate lost his bottle and refused the variation.

ABC got it bang-on: http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-10-...d-beer-bottle-rape-of-friend-in-court/6879200
Hmm. Interesting choice of words there...

Everyone's had that done to them, but beer bottle in butt?

Are we the campaignering NRL now? :thumbsdown:
We once dared a guy to drink piss

One guy pissed into a beer bottle then the other drank it. He said it tasted like onions?:drunk:
Ive always wondered how close said willy was to the rim of the bottle and whether there was contact. I think if the head touches the rim its almost ghey but i guess thats a matter of opinion.

And this was only for like 5 bucks....good times. Still confused about the onion bit, maybe he needs more pineapple in his diet, or maybe thats just jizz. Anyway.....Is this a hazing ritual in QLD or something? what type of beer was it? Im assuming XXXX...

Other than 1 troll, no one is saying Brisbane encouraged rape you dope.

It would seem that you missed a number of posts that have since been deleted.

So take a deep breath and all that.

Don't tell anyone, but they aspire to play for Brisbane

2496-rolfharris1b.jpg
bill-cosby.jpg

For what it's worth:

I was in court this morning when this matter came on. Tweeted about it around noon. Was doing a spot of research this evening and found this thread.

The defendant obviously can't be identified in Qld until after the matter is committed to a higher court. This is a prohibition on publication; can be named in open court. His name is on the 2014 academy squad list Brown Dog posted above.

Only one of the players mentioned in today's reports appeared in court today. Steele Tallon is right about this guy. He was formerly, but is NOT a current Lions academy player. The court heard today that he currently plays for a NEAFL team. It is correct to say he is a quality player. This is a terrible thing to have happened to the victim. The player intends to contest the allegations

One of the other co-accused named in court plays for the same team. Their bail conditions prohibit contact with each other, the other co-accused & the victim. This offence took a long time to come to light and for charges to be laid. The no-contact provisions didn't get in the way during the off-season.

With pre-season coming around, his solicitor attempted to have the bail condition varied to allow contact at or around the club for the purposes of training &/or playing. It should have been a simple exercise.

It just happened to be that a large media contingent was on hand for some nasty child sex case heard just prior, and stayed on when this matter started to go pear-shaped. Unfortunately, his lawyer made a ham-fisted attempt at the variation, causing the whole set of prosecution allegations to be read out.

The prosecutor got all muddled, getting things mixed up and the lawyer tried to play it down and said some pretty loose things, but the facts sounded pretty bad when read out by the prosecutor. With a gallery full of media, the magistrate lost his bottle and refused the variation. I reckon a properly made bail variation, supported by official club documentation would allow the boys to train together, provided of course, the club wants to keep them on.

The main take-away is NOT current, but former academy player; current NEAFL player accused with a team-mate of rape of another man using the neck of a beer bottle in his anus, whilst unconscious; not any of the players named above; lawyer botched the submissions AND prosecutor confused the magistrate, press & public; lawyer's "youthful prank" comment hit social media; and, the clueless News Ltd jernalist linked the former Lions academy player as a current aspirant/squad player. Or, was it clickbait?

Very rare to see such a comprehensive delivery of substantive eyewitness evidence on this board!

Clearly you haven't spent much time in the Court room listening to lawyers and solicitors. The campaigners get paid through the arse to minimise serious crimes, it's sickening.
Not the 'campaigner' appearing today in Brisbane. Heard him announce his appearance - bones of his arse, more like, on sickeningly lousy Legal Aid rates. I'd be contesting the allegations too, based on what was read out by the prosecutor.

Let's change the title to "humans involved in beer bottle rape"

And this was only for like 5 bucks....good times. Still confused about the onion bit, maybe he needs more pineapple in his diet, or maybe thats just jizz. Anyway.....Is this a hazing ritual in QLD or something? what type of beer was it? Im assuming XXXX...

128999.jpg

Not the 'campaigner' appearing today in Brisbane. Heard him announce his appearance - bones of his arse, more like, on sickeningly lousy Legal Aid rates. I'd be contesting the allegations too, based on what was read out by the prosecutor.
I don't dispute that prosecutions are equally as fictional, I've heard them describe events supported by CCTV footage and the two don't marry up at all and they still stand by the brief, it's baffling!
I'm not sure how the Brisbane Magistrate's is set up, but I know the duty solicitors in my district are on rotational duty, and only if they nominate or are nominated through their firm to do so, and some of those muppets should be thankful they get paid at all.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back