Brisbane targeting a huge name key forward at end of 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

HBFlanker

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 23, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Got some mail that Brisbane have a list of 3 key forwards they are chasing at the end of next season. Still have over 1 Mil of salary cap space to play with as well. I didn't get told who they are, only told all three are "Big names". I'm just guessing as to who they would be but possibly Jack Riewoldt or Travis Cloke would be in there. Probably worth that money too.

Will be hamstrung trading wise next year due to Keays and their 1st Round pick.

$1mill - kind of money Tippett might go for and he'd be going "home" too.

They won't be targetting a player who only has one or two yers left, they'll want someone to be there when they are in contention, 2017 on.

Taylor Walker RFA next year, come at him with the big $ as we need to spend big on Dangerfield then Sloane in 2016 :-(

They won't be targetting a player who only has one or two yers left, they'll want someone to be there when they are in contention, 2017 on.

Taylor Walker RFA next year, come at him with the big $ as we need to spend big on Dangerfield then Sloane in 2016 :-(
So you'd want your only real key forward target to leave?

Walker is the kind of player you build a team around. More important than the other two imo.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Got some mail that Brisbane have a list of 3 key forwards they are chasing at the end of next season. Still have over 1 Mil of salary cap space to play with as well. I didn't get told who they are, only told all three are "Big names". I'm just guessing as to who they would be but possibly Jack Riewoldt or Travis Cloke would be in there. Probably worth that money too.
Not Cloke, he is a spud and too old. Riewoldt would be overpaid but closer to a good age.

Hawkins, Walker, Cameron

My guess too. Can't see how Cameron will work in terms of trading, so a FA is preferably especially with the $$$ in question.

Edit: There were rumours around Riewoldt last time he came off contract, but nothing eventuated. I don't believe he's a FA, so he's similar to Cameron.

Like most other teams I am pretty confident we were talking to Boyd. If you mail is good HBF chances are he was one of the three. Again every team would be talking to Walker who is a RFA and so I would be shocked if he was not another. Right age and we could maybe sell a country NSW kid on coming to Qld. The third one is a bit harder to have any certainty about.

Cameron yep I would sell the farm to get him but we are not alone there and I just can't see us being a serious player for him. Hawkins being out of contract I guess makes some sense but I struggle to see him being available and with that back injury I personally would not be throwing great piles of cash at him.

The cloke boat has sailed, he won't be traded and probably does not deserve a 4 million dollar deal over 4 years

jack signed a long term contract last year so I doubt would be him

Remove this Banner Ad

Back