Brisbane targeting a huge name key forward at end of 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

I have no basis of this other than what it….

But given Cloke is a fan of cash, what if Brisbane got in his ear and wanted him to walk and offered him buku bucks. They could offer several parts in trade of solid value in picks and players, CLoke would get more $$ and the Pies would get help with the rebuild.

Go Catters

Cloke is partway through a backended 5 year deal though? Can't see it happening for mine.

Swann said on SEN last year that weren't interested in any other Pies players after securing Beams so I'd be willing to bet he's already been talking to someone maybe one of the Gold Coast 3 in Dixon Lynch or Day Carlisle or Darling

Logical thought, I can't see GC being able to present enough gametime to retain all those three plus Gorringe (although I know he's not shown as much on the field as the other three) when they already have their two rucks (Nicholls and Smith) and now Wright coming in.

Whether any of those players want to go to their cross town rival though is another matter.

Any idea how much cap space Lions have at the end of this year? I know Beams is very heavily front loaded. Probably around $1-1.2m imo. Maybe a bit more with the new mechanisms they have in place about spending under cap the year prior you get a boost in cap the next season etc. also cap space has been increased across the board IIRC.

Given the "unprecedented amount of cap space" the Lions management was talking about 6 months ago, we can assume they've got the funds to match any offers going around. With their midfield, they have a reasonable expectation of future success.. Those are two big ticks for any player right there.

When is the Eagles Kennedy out of contract?

Obviously Id hate to see him go, but you'd think he'd get offered some nice coin from everyone.

When is the Eagles Kennedy out of contract?

Obviously Id hate to see him go, but you'd think he'd get offered some nice coin from everyone.
Absolute beast of a player - would be a good pick up by Brisbane if they managed to convince him to come across.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We'll do a Bulldogs and offer Patton well overs.

Good luck! Just signed a deal....who you giving up and don't just say your first rounder. That aint going to get close. Cameron is even LESS likely, would command a top 2 pick plus serious steaknives (meaning another top 10 pick).

Good luck! Just signed a deal....who you giving up and don't just say your first rounder. That aint going to get close. Cameron is even LESS likely, would command a top 2 pick plus serious steaknives (meaning another top 10 pick).

I was kidding. But really, we'll target one of the Suns boys.

I was kidding. But really, we'll target one of the Suns boys.

Still will cost a bit, these KPP's don't come cheap, and don't you have a gun F/S (or academy) this year coming through. Then you are giving up a prime player I don't see the point, talk about a sideways trade so to speak. Dixon could be the cheapest one, but is he really much better than what you have got? Sam Day, Lynch would cost a bit.

Still will cost a bit, these KPP's don't come cheap, and don't you have a gun F/S (or academy) this year coming through. Then you are giving up a prime player I don't see the point, talk about a sideways trade so to speak. Dixon could be the cheapest one, but is he really much better than what you have got? Sam Day, Lynch would cost a bit.

Personally Id like to think Close and Freeman will provide us with the two targets we need for the next 5-10 years. But it never hurts to fish.

Personally Id like to think Close and Freeman will provide us with the two targets we need for the next 5-10 years. But it never hurts to fish.

So long as you don't sell the farm. The last thing you want to do is lose an Aish, Mayes, etc (or insert any other highly rated youngster) just to acquire a KPP

I think he's a Sydney boy, shame Hawkins is a FA could of ended up like a Boyd/Griffen trade.
His a Finley boy from a farming town in new south whales... Spent his schooling years growing up in melbourne attending melbourne grammar as a boarding student, very wealthy family. Anyway grew up a fanatical Geelong supporter, has indicated he is going to sign on, not too worried about him leaving

I really wouldn't be surprised if it was Tippett. Apparently has a clause with Sydney that he can traded for a second round pick.

I really wouldn't be surprised if it was Tippett. Apparently has a clause with Sydney that he can traded for a second round pick.

I actually wouldn't be that against it to be honest, although it depends on Reid as well. We can't lose both.

They can target one all they want. When was the last time a big name player went to Brisbane?

Um I hear multiple AA midfielder Dayne Beams goes okay, but maybe thats just me.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back