Brisbane targeting a huge name key forward at end of 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

So next year on Beams is on a Million Dollar Contract Next Season?
I see what you did there lol People will see it the way they want to see it I guess my response would be to that. But the front loading could be done to any contract so your taking my point out of context. All I am trying to say is with the profile our list is at, creating a million dollar hole to fill isn't as impossible as it seems.

After Getting Beams and Christian how would they have Room in there Salary Cap?

We pre-paid (Front loaded) 1.4mil in contracts this year just to reach the compulsory 95% payment. Beams will be on a decent contract but not the 900k/year people want to believe.

Added to that, Brown has retired on the back off a big contract. Moloney and Patfull would have been on decent coin too. So even with Beams contract, we are likely to be front loading again just to reach the compulsory mark.

Next offseason we could have...
2.5mil+ in prepaid contracts
5% of the cap to fill again
5% of the new banking rule, adds up to a decent spend

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...delaide-land-paddy-ryder-20141016-117ava.html

$1mill - kind of money Tippett might go for and he'd be going "home" too.

They won't be targetting a player who only has one or two yers left, they'll want someone to be there when they are in contention, 2017 on.

Taylor Walker RFA next year, come at him with the big $ as we need to spend big on Dangerfield then Sloane in 2016 :-(

We'll take Walker for you.

Problem is, we might take Danger as well..

Not surprised. Don't think it would be Cloke though, the guy will be entering retirement around the same time we plan to be pushing for a premiership.

I Brisbane can secure a good key forward, they will be aiming high into the 8 next year in my opinion.

It's definitely the final ingredient. Just not sure Cloke would be the answer.

If you look at the recruitment this year, Beams and Christensen are the same age as our core of Rockliff/ Rich / Redden etc. So we are definitely building around these guys. I don't see how a 28 year old Cloke fits this strategy.

Someone like Walker or one of the GWS / GCS forwards is a more likely target IMO.

My guess too. Can't see how Cameron will work in terms of trading, so a FA is preferably especially with the $$$ in question.

Edit: There were rumours around Riewoldt last time he came off contract, but nothing eventuated. I don't believe he's a FA, so he's similar to Cameron.

When Aish leaves you have your currency for a KPP, but you've got to have a KPP who wants to go there, and Beams circumstance$ were different it's not always about money.

You might get Jack Riewoldt IMO, Cameron will want to come to Collingwood but our KPP's might be just about he best in the league if Wright or McCartin fall to our pick.

When Aish leaves you have your currency for a KPP, but you've got to have a KPP who wants to go there, and Beams circumstance$ were different it's not always about money.

You might get Jack Riewoldt IMO, Cameron will want to come to Collingwood but our KPP's might be just about he best in the league if Wright or McCartin fall to our pick.

I didn't realise Aish has already requested a trade for next year.. Must have missed that.

Are you even being serious!?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lucky every single club front loads and just got to the minimum this season.

#salarycaptalk

Wait till next season mate. Everyone is ready to explode after spending the 95% minimum.

There will be so many trades you won't know who is playing where. Money will be flying in all directions.

All the forwards will have to do is present themselves to the money and grab it.

you don't exactly need to be einstein to realise that aish is leaving brisbane at the end of 2015

Adelaide's first rounder + Dangerfield sound fair?

Tippett could be forced out at Sydney by cap pressure. Rocklif, Redden and Rich will be an FA in 2016 though so they'd want to leave some money in the bank

Rich is out of contract next year so he'll get more than a 1 year contract. Rockliff and Redden are firmly entrenched and already on plenty of cash so shouldn't be a problem. Most of the Lions list are currently well paid. It's lack of on-field success or running home to mummy that will lead them to look elsewhere.

His papers are already marked, he's off to Footscray.

I heard he was in the rooms with Bobby this year before a game, and before we ran out, he wandered over to Jason McCartney and said "Just get me here."

;)
Mrs. Krabappel and Principal Skinner were in the closet making babies and I saw one of the babies and the baby looked at me.

i reckon the two most likely would be either Dixon or Lynch because Brisbane can offer more money than gold coast and it is a smaller move than say Walker from Adelaide or Hawkins from Geelong. I highly doubt either Hawkins or Walker would leave there clubs because they are to loyal. then with Cameron the trade would have to be extremely overs unless he specifically wanted to be traded to Brisbane and puts up the threat that he walk will to the preseason draft to get to Brisbane and that is unlikely to happen.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back