Brisbane targeting a huge name key forward at end of 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

When Aish leaves you have your currency for a KPP, but you've got to have a KPP who wants to go there, and Beams circumstance$ were different it's not always about money.

You might get Jack Riewoldt IMO, Cameron will want to come to Collingwood but our KPP's might be just about he best in the league if Wright or McCartin fall to our pick.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAH

His papers are already marked, he's off to Footscray.

I heard he was in the rooms with Bobby this year before a game, and before we ran out, he wandered over to Jason McCartney and said "Just get me here."

;)

It would take your 1st rounder and Bonti/Macrae/Libba/Boyd.

agree. If Brisbane dont make the 8 next year it will be a massive failure.

Totally disagree. We were one of the youngest teams in the league this year and our list/experience profile actually got even younger after this year.

Getting Beams and Christensen wasn't part of an audacious plan to fasttrack us into the finals next year. It's about 3-5 years time.

Totally disagree. We were one of the youngest teams in the league this year and our list/experience profile actually got even younger after this year.

Getting Beams and Christensen wasn't part of an audacious plan to fasttrack us into the finals next year. It's about 3-5 years time.
Exactly right - if we were loading up for finals, don't you think we would have gone for a KPF? Plus, we're realistic, we were a lot more than 2-3 players off the pace in 2014.

When Aish leaves you have your currency for a KPP, but you've got to have a KPP who wants to go there, and Beams circumstance$ were different it's not always about money.

You might get Jack Riewoldt IMO, Cameron will want to come to Collingwood but our KPP's might be just about he best in the league if Wright or McCartin fall to our pick.

So so much to lol at here, I don't even know where to begin.

> have no good forwards
> brb getting Cameron

I can't think of the last trade/ free agent that worked out well for Collingwood, so chances are you'd turn Cameron into Kent Kingsley, and that's on the proviso that he'd go to Collingwood despite being from Adelaide. :v

Wouldn't mind visiting this fantasy land you live in to be honest. Must be nice there.

I'm confused. I've lost count of the Brisbane supporters saying they have the best midfield in the comp and a crop of young guns.

surely that equals finals.

I'm confused. I've lost count of the Brisbane supporters saying they have the best midfield in the comp and a crop of young guns.
surely that equals finals.

Crop of young guns means "finals?" Since when?

Nevertheless, can I dig up some comments by other Collingwood posters and make you directly answerable to them?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Isnt that what Essendon demanded for Ryder? 1st round and Wines / Wingard etc ... but it didn't work out that way, when push came to shove.

Is Carlisle contracted beyond 2015?

No, Different circumstances again though, They would risk losing him in the PSD if they didn't play ball.

fair enough. at least one Brisbane supporter with some common sense.

Our board is full of posters who acknowledge the deficiencies of our list and our lack of experience and therefore think than finals are an unrealistic aim next year. Your generalisations are a bit silly to be honest.

It would take your 1st rounder and Bonti/Macrae/Libba/Boyd.
Nonsense. I'll give you this delicious doorstop for that crumby KPP.

No chance of prying Tom Lynch. We have enough in the cap to offer him big coin on his next contract and I suspect we will.

Geelong will have a huge warchest end of next year, so we can match any offers as Hawkins is RFA.

It'd be the first time a club has done it. I wouldn't blame them I suppose but the whole RFA thing seems a little like a facade to suggest 'we're not letting them move anywhere too early' on the AFL's behalf. No one is going to match a large offer for a player who is committed to moving. Why would you bother? You could spend the money on someone who wants to be there.

Regardless, I'd be pretty confident Hawkins will be a Cat at the end of 2015.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back