Brisbane targeting a huge name key forward at end of 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

If I were a Gold Coast supporter, I'd be pretty confident that Lynch is going nowhere. He's one of my favourite non-Bulldogs, though. I'd kill to have him in our side.

I'm not sure about Dixon, but he's been around for a while and I see no reason for him to leave.

If I were a Gold Coast supporter, I'd be pretty confident that Lynch is going nowhere. He's one of my favourite non-Bulldogs, though. I'd kill to have him in our side.

I'm not sure about Dixon, but he's been around for a while and I see no reason for him to leave.

There are no guarantees in today's football climate but Lynch is so much the heart of the club (a bit like J Brown was for the lions) I just can't see him going unless we totally utensil up the contract like North with Levi Greenwoods.

Lynch is our next captain and talked both our new players in to coming to the club (Mal and Boxer). Club will move mountains to keep him.

There are no guarantees in today's football climate but Lynch is so much the heart of the club (a bit like J Brown was for the lions) I just can't see him going unless we totally utensil up the contract like North with Levi Greenwoods.
He seemed to be going just fine at the Richmond Club on Saturday night as well. Big unit. Still has some filling out to do as well I'd say.

Got some mail that Brisbane have a list of 3 key forwards they are chasing at the end of next season. Still have over 1 Mil of salary cap space to play with as well. I didn't get told who they are, only told all three are "Big names". I'm just guessing as to who they would be but possibly Jack Riewoldt or Travis Cloke would be in there. Probably worth that money too.

Why would anybody target Travis Cloke?? He is the biggest overpaid spud in footy.

Why do Collingwood a favour?? let him chew up their salary cap.

It is but I stand by it, what is he on 700K a season and this year he got 39 goals?? That is a very poor return.

Not only that he's hardly an elite kick for a bloke on that $$$

I think he is a Group 1 Spud

Fair enough, good points there. Look at a bloke like Lindsay Thomas from my mob who would on less than half that and has kicked 45+ last 2 years

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Whether it's a chance or not I'd want Taylor Walker. Huge upside for an already very good player.

Hawkins has to have doubts with his back long term and we can forget about Cameron.

"insert afl team name here" targets a huge name key forward

pretty much the story of every team every off-season.

see also

"team has huge space in cap to throw at target" for lols.

Nah OP has the inside scoop :thumbsu: AFL team with salary cap room and lacking established KF targets might sign an established key forward on a lot of money next year :eek::eek::eek:

Either Walker or nobody. Close, Freeman, McStay - one will go A grade surely, as they are already very serviceable.

Would you trade him for Jeremy Cameron?

I'll answer that for you

Yes, in a heartbeat where do we sign??

We have a bloke named Tom Scully who is massively overpaid, your equivalent is Travis Cloke. He is the definition of a spud.

Equating Tom Scully to Travis Cloke just shows you how ridiculous this comparison is.

I would consider trading Cloke for Cameron, but that is only based on the length of time they have to go in their respective careers, not based on talent.

Cloke had an off season and did have several injury issues throughout the year. To judge him on last year alone is lunacy.

No chance of prying Tom Lynch. We have enough in the cap to offer him big coin on his next contract and I suspect we will.

I really rate Lynch.

Potential to soon be one of the top 3 KPFs in the game.

Doubt GCS would ever let him go, but getting a Lynch back in our forward line sure would be sweet!

We have a bloke named Tom Scully who is massively overpaid, your equivalent is Travis Cloke. He is the definition of a spud.

Scully is a dual AA & a premiership player in his position?
I'm not sure a player who lost the Coleman Medal by 1 goal a season ago can be considered a spud.
You're new this game so I'll give you some grace.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back