International Club Rugby British and Irish Lions Tour of Australia 2013

Remove this Banner Ad

We were good in the first game, very lucky in the second.

JoC gives us very little, we've got an absolute weapon on the wing, but the guy in the pivot can't get the ball out to him to bring him into the game.

LILO would be a better option at #10. If, as you say, JoC isn't playing as the fly half, then what's his value to the side?

He doesn't draw defenders, he doesn't make dangerous runs, he goes sideways way too often, he doesn't pick the gaps.

And Beale, I was a fan, but I went to the first game and was really disappointed with his laziness and lack of intensity (_!| crap kicking game); and after the 4am stupidity from him and JoC, I don't think either of them should be in the starting side.

Cooper should be given another shot. I was happy for Deans to put the boot into him and try and wake him up, and I still have questions as to whether he can perform in big games, but he deserves another shot.

He's our best #10, and we're willing to let Beal/JoC disrespect the side without any consequences, yet he can't get a look in?

To be perfectly honest, I don't think anyone knows except for Deans. Deans could be a mad genius, that AAC try would have never happened if JOC passed during the game, but because he kept running from first receiver the whole game it opened up the gap.

I think Cooper is the best flyhalf in Australia, but I reckon he would have struggled, like Beale, in the second test. Quade can only play behind a pack that is dominant at the breakdown. When he starts getting slow ball, he starts to push it and makes errors. But in saying that, if Cooper was playing in the first test, we would have already won the series. But as long as Lilo is there and playing out of the 10 channel, I'm pretty confident of a win. We all saw what happens when JOC has to play a traditional flyhalf role.

Game day and beautiful weather in Sydney. Hopefully it's a good game with both teams trying to win rather than avoid losing. The Lions don't really have any genuine fetchers in their team tonight so we should be able to keep the ball for long periods and score some tries. Hopefully JOC has been practicing getting the backline a bit flatter in attack this week.

If the Lions lose this series, Warren Gatland would be best advised not to go to Ireland under any circumstances whatsoever. Dropping Brian O'Driscoll could backfire badly on Gatland if the Lions loses.

This is fast turning into a nightmare for Australia, series deserved an amazing conclusion

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lions went on a rampage, complete domination from the men in red / Bray

I keep hearing about this scrum dominance from the british commentators I have here, but so far I haven't seen enough to make a judgement. But seems like they are right though. Surprised we haven't taken a few kicks to get some points on the board. We would be a lot closer if we had gone for two or three of them.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back