The Law British Phone hacking Scandal

Remove this Banner Ad

You seem to say that, as though the right doesn't do the exact same thing?

I said that because I was replying to a comment on the left.

The right does much the same thing, although I do think they tend to be less personally abusive.

All News Corp employees have been cleared. Cue apologies from the left.
This isn't true, Brookes was found not guilty. Coulson was found guilty. More than one News journalist/employee has pled guilty before the trials began.

Why would anybody apologise for you not even knowing the specifics of the scandal.

Also, Scotland yard are looking to interview the old man and there is interest in pursuing action against the parent company.

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...d-want-interview-rupert-murdoch-phone-hacking

Rupert Murdoch has been officially informed by Scotland Yard that detectives want to interview him as a suspect as part of their inquiry into allegations of crime at his British newspapers.

It is understood that detectives first contacted Murdoch last year to arrange to question him but agreed to a request from his lawyers to wait until the phone-hacking trial was finished.

The interview is expected to take place in the near future in the UK and will be conducted "under caution", the legal warning given to suspects. His son James, who was the executive chairman of News International in the UK, may also be questioned.

News of the police move comes after an Old Bailey jury found Murdoch's former News of the World editor Andy Coulson guilty of conspiring to hack phones, but acquitted his former UK chief executive Rebekah Brooks on all charges.

The verdict on Coulson increases the possibility that Murdoch's UK company, News UK (formerly News International) could be charged as a corporation, which in turn could potentially lead to the prosecution of members of the UK company's former board of directors, potentially including Rupert and James Murdoch.

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...d-want-interview-rupert-murdoch-phone-hacking

The left doesn't apologise because the left is never wrong.

What you clearly meant was:
Cue torrent of abuse from the left.
Why do you frame the world this way. It is self defeating. This isn't a left/right issue and the universe is not left/right aligned.

Not being able to see beyond this fictitious paradigm allows you to be led by the nose, including chearleading for a corrupt and deceptive media monopoly that has trashed the integrity of journalism and abused the power it provides for financial gain world wide.

BTW, denigrating the "left", when only you and your mate had mentioned the left, whilst playing the victim card over abuse is rank hypocrisy.

This isn't a left/right issue and the universe is not left/right aligned.

Sure it is. Everyone knows that the Mirror was far worse than the NOTW at this. Piers is as guilty as sin. This is all about embarrassing Cameron given his closeness to Brooks and Coulson. Nothing more nothing less. This is all started when Rupert was backing Labour. The fat tool on the select committee at the time of the previous media enquiry ensured nothing happened re regulation despite widespread evidence of invasions of privacy. No doubt just a coincidence that Rupert was on board then.

As for the Guardian how many times did they have to apologise over their lies in this case?

One wonders when John and all the other are going to express their bile at the media outlet who covered up industrial paedo activities. One wont be holding one's breath.

Sure it is. Everyone knows that the Mirror was far worse than the NOTW at this. Piers is as guilty as sin. This is all about embarrassing Cameron given his closeness to Brooks and Coulson. Nothing more nothing less. This is all started when Rupert was backing Labour. The fat tool on the select committee at the time of the previous media enquiry ensured nothing happened re regulation despite widespread evidence of invasions of privacy. No doubt just a coincidence that Rupert was on board then.

As for the Guardian how many times did they have to apologise over their lies in this case?

One wonders when John and all the other are going to express their bile at the media outlet who covered up industrial paedo activities. One wont be holding one's breath.

Haha, you ARE a clown.

You're like Robbo, 'missing' the point time and time again. NOTW hacked phone accounts for shabby little stories and you expose yourself by defending this human rubbish.

You simply don't have a clue re UK politics. Just slovenly attacking Murdoch without have any idea whatsoever of the details of the story.

A common refrain on here from the fanbois / Friends of the ABC sorts.

Oh, sorry champ, are you saying NOTW didn't tap phones?

Why has nobody from the Mirror being charged then? You can repeat the accusation all you like but as it stands one media company has had it's reporters charged with phone hacking, and until this changes your view is nowt but hearsay.

Oh, sorry champ, are you saying NOTW didn't tap phones?

No. Read my posts. Everyone knew that NOTW, Mirror, Mail etc were hacking phones. Even the Guardian were at it. Two News employees had already been jailed. There was a parliamentary enquiry in to it. In terms of invasions of privacy the Mirror and Mail were worse than News. Yet Tom Watson made sure nothing happened at the time because Murdoch was backing Labour.

This is all very common knowledge.

Why has nobody from the Mirror being charged then?

Precisely. It's not just hearsay. People who were present have dobbed Piers in. The accusation has been repeated by more than one person. As above the Mirror was well known for doing it at minimum on at least the same scale as NOTW

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-e...rgan-talking-about-phone-hacking-8364468.html

No. Read my posts. Everyone knew that NOTW, Mirror, Mail etc were hacking phones. Even the Guardian were at it. Two News employees had already been jailed. There was a parliamentary enquiry in to it. In terms of invasions of privacy the Mirror and Mail were worse than News. Yet Tom Watson made sure nothing happened at the time because Murdoch was backing Labour.

This is all very common knowledge.

I must have missed this, can you give me a link?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No it really isn't. This is tinfoil hat stuff meds, NOTW/News were deep into the Conservatives and the MET, just like they had been deep into Labor. There was the hacking and there was the associated corruption, only the right wing warriors are making this a left/right issue.

Jury still out on a couple of charges.

Didn't rate Dallas Buyers Club?

agree re Jennifer Connolly. Top drawer.
anything matthew mconnaughey involved in, i stay a mile away from. will never step inside a villlage hoyts i refuse to call it multiplex or winnebago, and he just lost alot of weight they give him an oscar. no dont step inside a westfields

sums up meretricious hollywood.

I must have missed this, can you give me a link?

http://www.theguardian.com/media/2006/dec/04/mondaymediasection

I've used some of those questionable methods myself over the years. I, too, once listened to the mobile phone messages of a corrupt arms company executive - the crime similar to that for which Goodman now faces the prospect of jail. The trick was a simple one: the businessman in question had inadvertently left his pin code on a print-out and all that was needed was to dial straight into his voicemail.
There is certainly a voyeuristic thrill in hearing another person's private messages.

No it really isn't. This is tinfoil hat stuff meds, NOTW/News were deep into the Conservatives and the MET, just like they had been deep into Labor. There was the hacking and there was the associated corruption, only the right wing warriors are making this a left/right issue.

The Met hates the Tories. They even lied about a minister (plebgate) and a number of officers were sacked. It doesn't take a genius to realise why they are concentrating so heavily on Murdoch. Its all about Cameron.

The Met hates the Tories. They even lied about a minister (plebgate) and a number of officers were sacked. It doesn't take a genius to realise why they are concentrating so heavily on Murdoch. Its all about Cameron.
Mark Lewis, rupert and rebekkah troll
mark_lewis.jpg

http://www.theguardian.com/media/2006/dec/04/mondaymediasection

I've used some of those questionable methods myself over the years. I, too, once listened to the mobile phone messages of a corrupt arms company executive - the crime similar to that for which Goodman now faces the prospect of jail. The trick was a simple one: the businessman in question had inadvertently left his pin code on a print-out and all that was needed was to dial straight into his voicemail.
There is certainly a voyeuristic thrill in hearing another person's private messages.

As I say. Shabby little stories.

Are you implying that I support peado activities because I criticise News Corpse and their phone hacking activities?

I don't believe I said that. Just very odd that you get so outraged over something one media activity that is so minor compared to that.

One wonders why that would possibly be.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back