The Law British Phone hacking Scandal

Remove this Banner Ad

Unsurprisingly the labour leader so "outraged" by Rupert hasn't even condemned the left leaning mirror. BBC rather quiet on the subject too.

Guardian making a token effort to report it.

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2015/mar/03/phone-hacking-widespread-mirror-titles-court-told

The “mass industrial scale” of phone hacking at the Daily Mirror, Sunday Mirror and the People made the News of the World look like a “small cottage industry” in comparison, the high court in London has heard

Unsurprisingly the labour leader so "outraged" by Rupert hasn't even condemned the left leaning mirror. BBC rather quiet on the subject too.

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2015/mar/03/phone-hacking-widespread-mirror-titles-court-told

The “mass industrial scale” of phone hacking at the Daily Mirror, Sunday Mirror and the People made the News of the World look like a “small cottage industry” in comparison, the high court in London has heard

Also unsurprisingly, silence from those on this board who were soooo outraged by hacking when they thought it was just News that was doing it. As usual with the left, it is not about principle but justifying attacks on the other side.

Also unsurprisingly, silence from those on this board who were soooo outraged by hacking when they thought it was just News that was doing it. As usual with the left, it is not about principle but justifying attacks on the other side.
Quoted for irony

How is the Guardian article 'token'?
This is their opening paragraph:
"The “industrial scale” of phone hacking at the Daily Mirror, Sunday Mirror and the People made the News of the World look like a “small cottage industry” in comparison, the high court in London has heard."
Then goes on for a further lengthy 26 paragraphs. I would suggest it is a bit more than 'token'.
Unlike you to exaggerate Meds.;)

Yep, always been the case, well known that MGN was in it as bad or worse than anyone else.

Morgan openly bragged about it in his book IIRC.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is their opening paragraph:
"The “industrial scale” of phone hacking at the Daily Mirror, Sunday Mirror and the People made the News of the World look like a “small cottage industry” in comparison, the high court in London has heard."
Then goes on for a further lengthy 26 paragraphs. I would suggest it is a bit more than 'token'.
Unlike you to exaggerate Meds.;)

Not often me and medusala agree but this is nothing compared to what The Guardian did on some of the News stuff.

I'm in two minds. At one level Nick Davies did burrow away at this for years to little attention, only nerds like me following it.

But when they knew they had the killer story - the Milly Dowler one - they went as big as any redtop.

(And got key details wrong)

Yep, always been the case, well known that MGN was in it as bad or worse than anyone else.

Morgan openly bragged about it in his book IIRC.
in his defense, he is openly agitating for Kevin Pietersen to come back and play cricket for the national side. about the only redeeming feature of watching cricket that involves Brits

in his defense, he is openly agitating for Kevin Pietersen to come back and play cricket for the national side. about the only redeeming feature of watching cricket that involves Brits

Let's not start on Piers he worthy of a board of his own.

That he shagged the young Marina Hyde haunts me to this day.

u need to be an editor of a red-top and get paid like rebekkah brooks and you can shag your way thru all the interns, or, the tory papers of record oxbridge grads

Don't you talk bad about Marina like this.

Not often me and medusala agree but this is nothing compared to what The Guardian did on some of the News stuff.

I'm in two minds. At one level Nick Davies did burrow away at this for years to little attention, only nerds like me following it.

But when they knew they had the killer story - the Milly Dowler one - they went as big as any redtop.

(And got key details wrong)

Yep, NOW shut down due to a Guardian lie re messages being deleted. IIRC they had to make something like 19 apologies/corrections re their reporting. Nick Davies did a great job (his book Flat Earth News was excellent too, well at least the first half) but Rusbringer et al were very poor in reporting the story.

Interesting to see if the CPS bothers with this. As you correctly stated Piers should be in all sorts of trouble.

Not only that but their is another mass market newspaper (not red top) that was worse than News. Paul Dacre may come to regret his evidence to Leveson.

Maggie see MaddAdams post. The Guardian have long known this but just gone hard at News. NB the industrial bit was a quote from a barrister I think.

Not even on front page of Guardian online.

Don't you talk bad about Marina like this.

blackcat Edgcumbe isn't bad, touch of the de Pfeffels about it.

#demigenius

Marina Hyde is an English columnist who writes on current affairs, politics, celebrity and sport for The Guardian newspaper. She is the daughter of Sir Alastair Edgcumbe James Dudley-Williams

blackcat Edgcumbe isn't bad, touch of the de Pfeffels about it.

#demigenius

Marina Hyde is an English columnist who writes on current affairs, politics, celebrity and sport for The Guardian newspaper. She is the daughter of Sir Alastair Edgcumbe James Dudley-Williams
central casting: gamine oxbridge grad, blueblood aristocrat stock, il guardina columnist,
= MaddAdam got wood.

what really turns one on like wolstencroft hellfire,

patty hearst stockholm, aristocrats turning gauche towards Scott Trust offices in Manchester. even if, if the office HQ is close to Wapping or wherever in London

central casting: gamine oxbridge grad, blueblood aristocrat stock, il guardina columnist,
= MaddAdam got wood.

Guardian bangs on about the 1% yet has long been full of Oxbridge sorts (and the Scott Trust doesn't mind investing in hedge funds etc)

Trust fund rage against the machine.

Genius vs Guardian. Only one winner there

Go to around 3:40.

Guardian bangs on about the 1% yet has long been full of Oxbridge sorts (and the Scott Trust doesn't mind investing in hedge funds etc)

Trust fund rage against the machine.

Genius vs Guardian. Only one winner there

Go to around 3:40.

about 17 months difference in age at oxford. i think most classes are within the colleges, so not sure how much time he would come across monbiot

classics>zoology
genius>incoherence

The relevance to Australia is that Gillard and Bob Brown tried to exploit the issue to put pressure on the Murdoch owned press here.

Ms Gillard told reporters people are "disturbed" by what they have seen happen in the United Kingdom.

The scandal has lead to the closure of the 168-year-old News of the World paper, the first masthead Mr Murdoch bought in Britain.

Ms Gillard says Australians want answers.

"I do believe Australians, watching all of that happening overseas with News Corp, are looking at News Limited here and wanting to see News Limited answer some hard questions," she said.​

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2011-07-20/gillard-demands-answers-from-news-ltd/2803108

Later that year she launched the sham inquiry into the media.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back