Oppo Camp Brodie Grundy (Traded to Melbourne 2022)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the two rucks can be threats up forward we are going to smash some sides in the midfield in future years.

They have both Shown Potential of Playing Forward and Kicking Goal or 2. They just need to do it more Often and Hopefully play Forward more Often instead of Resting on the Bench. They should Rest Forward

Is that right? Have you got a link to that article? I remember they had to do their own teams on a camp but didn't know of this.

No link mate someone who works at the club told me there were about 7 groups who had to pick there best 22 and Witts was in every team

He was a bit shocked but obviously has taken the news well

Last edited:

For someone who was responsible for giving away a lot of free kicks last year looking seemingly frustrated, Grundy has really improved in leaps and bounds since then and I continue to look forward to watching him develop even further.

For someone who was responsible for giving away a lot of free kicks last year looking seemingly frustrated, Grundy has really improved in leaps and bounds since then and I continue to look forward to watching him develop even further.

Have not seen him all year losing his Temper:thumbsu:

Seems every time we get a decent ruckman..the AFL change the rules.
Maybe a pre-preemptive "fk off" from Ed is in order.

Hey anything Collingwood gets going. Get’s Banned.

The Sub-Rule was because we where Rotating Tons and Swanny was Dominating

Don't know if he'll ever be 'the best' pure ruckman but I think he'll be awesome at rucking AND around the the ground.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Don't know if he'll ever be 'the best' pure ruckman but I think he'll be awesome at rucking AND around the the ground.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

What you mean a Purer Ruckman?

Great Interview Here with him:

I think he's a really good blend of brut and skill. He looks quite quick for a ruckman as well. The only thing i'd query is his ball drop.. other than that.. he is gonna mature into a great ruckman. No wonder Hyne was licking his lips come pick 18.. he just couldn't believe he was still available.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If the two rucks can be threats up forward we are going to smash some sides in the midfield in future years.

totally agree there.. i think both witts and grundy have shown promising signs up forward. im not 100% sure but i think on the day we drafted grundy.. hyne did say that potentially he's a 40 goals a yr forward. If that's the case.. who's to say that he can't play there more regularly.. i think hes agile enough.. but speed on the turnover might pose an issue.. they could run off him a tad.

totally agree there.. i think both witts and grundy have shown promising signs up forward. im not 100% sure but i think on the day we drafted grundy.. hyne did say that potentially he's a 40 goals a yr forward. If that's the case.. who's to say that he can't play there more regularly.. i think hes agile enough.. but speed on the turnover might pose an issue.. they could run off him a tad.

They would find it easier to run of Witts then Grundy

I think he's a really good blend of brut and skill. He looks quite quick for a ruckman as well. The only thing i'd query is his ball drop.. other than that.. he is gonna mature into a great ruckman. No wonder Hyne was licking his lips come pick 18.. he just couldn't believe he was still available.
Still can't believe he fell that low. What the hell were the other teams thinking?

Seems every time we get a decent ruckman..the AFL change the rules.
Maybe a pre-preemptive "fk off" from Ed is in order.
What will they do though? We have two AFL quality ruckmen with high ceilings, who both play very differently to one another. Confident that Grundy has the talent to be able to adjust his game to whatever is thrown at him anyway :D

Don't think he's eligible is he? Pretty sure this is only open to midfielders.
576857-daf5aea4-9def-11e3-a562-7581a373430e.jpg

Still can't believe he fell that low. What the hell were the other teams thinking?

everyone got caught up in the hype of recruiting ready made ruckmen.. stupid falacy is what enabled us to snare the big man. youd think even his presense looks and likeable personality would have at least seen him go top 10 coupled with his ability to play the game.

everyone got caught up in the hype of recruiting ready made ruckmen.. stupid falacy is what enabled us to snare the big man. youd think even his presense looks and likeable personality would have at least seen him go top 10 coupled with his ability to play the game.
Ah ok. I also remember reading a lot of clubs didn't like how he interviewed. Confidence in his own ability and curiosity about what clubs could offer him was interpreted as cockiness. Glad we saw it differently

Ah ok. I also remember reading a lot of clubs didn't like how he interviewed. Confidence in his own ability and curiosity about what clubs could offer him was interpreted as cockiness. Glad we saw it differently

probably mistakened his laid back skateboarding cool character for being laconic.. they should have caught a glimp at the fire that burns within.

Giants and Dees where the only teams that where Rumored to be turned off by Grundy by this Interviews.

Though I thought in it was Intresting on Draft Night Grundy said Collingwood had not Interviewed him since start of the Season.

I find that hard to Believe. At least we would have Talked to him as the week of the Draft it did look like Grundy could get to us at Pick 18

Giants and Dees where the only teams that where Rumored to be turned off by Grundy by this Interviews.

Though I thought in it was Intresting on Draft Night Grundy said Collingwood had not Interviewed him since start of the Season.

I find that hard to Believe. At least we would have Talked to him as the week of the Draft it did look like Grundy could get to us at Pick 18
No reason not to believe him when he said the pies hadn't talked to him. What reason would he have to lie about it?
I think Hine was genuinely surprised that Brodie slipped out of the top 10, let alone all the way to 18, despite what the rumours were, and what the papers were saying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back