Universal Love Brodie Grundy man love (bumped, see post #909)

Remove this Banner Ad

Certainly held up his end of the bargain for the first 3 qtrs and was great, but did tire in the last and really got taken to town. What can u expect though knowing his fitness base.

But hey, this is the best story to come out from this year and honestly without Grundy we would be absolutely ****** next year and instead of blowing coin and draft picks on finding a ruck man, we can now focus all our efforts on other parts of our team!!

Well done Grundy, you are keeping me sane

Yeah the Lack Of a Pre-Season can be seen in the 4th qtr of Games.

Hopefully he can have a Injury Free Pre-Season and then he can really work on his Fitness

I thought he did well considering he didn't have Lynch to back him up. He rucked for the majority of the match with Keeffe backing him up occasionally. Only beaten in the hitouts by 4, and this is from a 7 game player that has never played in a finals match, with practically no pre-season as well.

When he gets his fitness up and can go the full match he will be freaking unstopabble! He makes me really, really excited for the future!:thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

I thought he did well considering he didn't have Lynch to back him up. He rucked for the majority of the match with Keeffe backing him up occasionally. Only beaten in the hitouts by 4, and this is from a 7 game player that has never played in a finals match, with practically no pre-season as well.

When he gets his fitness up and can go the full match he will be freaking unstopabble! He makes me really, really excited for the future!:thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

Was good in the Ruck but did nothing around the Ground:( Only had 6 Toouches.

4 tackles was a Good Effort

I think it was more the whole team that was poor around the ground, rather than just Grundy. None of our players had more than 30 touches.

I've got to hand it Port, they're better than I thought they were.

Agree the Whole team was Crap

Haha, straight to the point!:p

The umpires were crap too. One of the worst umpiring displays I've ever seen was in that first quarter. Shocking!

Could be no worse than what happens in the VFL;)

Can't Wait for his 2nd Season to Start.

Hopefully has a massive and injury-free Pre-Season.

Hope he does not get the 2nd Season Blues

If he has a full preseason he should be able to play at his best for probably another quarter.. it's a scary prospect!

You can tell by his body shape already that he loves working hard in the gym and on the track, so look out !

If he has a full preseason he should be able to play at his best for probably another quarter.. it's a scary prospect!

You can tell by his body shape already that he loves working hard in the gym and on the track, so look out !

His Upside is Very Scary. He be also spend more time on the Field too:D

Hate to say but I think he was Well beaten last night by Lobbe.

Did a couple of good things but looked tired
Young kid, no pre-season and absolutely limited senior game time until the end of the year.
I'm not shocked he ran out of steam.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Originally I thought Grundy was talented but a little slow and lumbering, like some of our other big men (ageing Jolly, and Jarrod "Quicksand" Witts), however I've been watching replays from this season and I've come to the conclusion that he's like a bigger version of Pendles - silky smooth movements and intelligent disposal make everything seem like it's in slow motion.

Our future's so bright, I gotta wear shades. :cool:

How did you rate his 6 touch game against Port?

^ This.

The kid is scary IMO.

How did you rate his 6 touch game against Port?
I rated it a solid pass. While quiet around the ground and below his best, he was at very worst, competitive in the ruck. Unfortunately the whole team was down and our ball use was hideous resulting in a net loss of possessions across the team in comparison to most weeks. A first season ruck like this, we see very rarely. Not just at Collingwood, but across the whole AFL competition.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Remove this Banner Ad

Back