Bronwyn Bishop as Speaker

Remove this Banner Ad

Editorial in the Terrorgraph today saying she should resign.

#cooked
Good to see PM Miranda Devine got her way. Deputy Abbott will be annoyed to have his public position overridden, but at least he found his way in front of a camera after going missing all week...

And he announced a review. Do you think it will be a real one? Or another taxpayer-funded dig into ALP members?
It made me genuinely lol when she said in her statement that she had a "love and respect for the institution of parliament".

She showed no such love and respect during her tenure as Speaker and showed a complete contempt for the idea of democratic government and the separation of powers between the executive and legislature.
What about her saying that being Member for McKeller was always her first job, no matter what role she took in Parliament. A little bit like the ex calling you saying 'you were always the one'?

Last edited:

Phillip Ruddock. Give the silly old bugger an eighteen month bump to his super, can't be any worse than our Bron.
True. You can't get any more biased and partisan than 100%.

I'm trying to think if there is anything positive to be taken from her period in the chair...

1sf9yr.jpg

This!

#thebishopofextravagance

Last edited:
Such a shame really, I was looking forward to the recommencement of parliament. Question time would've been outstanding viewing.

nWq5WXe.jpg
It's funny how his own words come back to bite him in the backside.

Anyway all I have to say is "DING, DONG, The witch is Dead"

She couldn't even PRETEND to be impartial.
Not even once.

Was appointed speaker because the PM is a petulant spiteful coward.
Agree! This has come after the woman has had some 19 months to trash the role of speaker.

It will take some time to heal the damage she has caused. Hopefully she'll get rolled by her electorate and disappear in ignominy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

886492-c725766c-38c5-11e5-bb93-5d026adb0dd0.jpg

driving home in the Merc..little less salubrious but undoubtedly funded by the public, no wonder she likes chauffeured BMW's.

Philip Ruddock the frontrunner apparently. Bruce Scott to not get it because he's National.

Philip Ruddock the frontrunner apparently. Bruce Scott to not get it because he's National.
They had a National under Howard though? Not impossible for Bruce Scott.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back