Bronwyn Bishop as Speaker

Remove this Banner Ad

Of course you will. You have those ALP goggles superglued to your face! ;)
And you don't drink the Kool-Aid ?

Seriously , if you wanna get me to spark up , come up with something intelligent at least , this just makes you look like a sook.

Last edited:

11855638_958631144178270_3826131143618267247_n.jpg

Have you noticed the difference....

Have you noticed when the Conservatives have a moral problem in their ranks like Bronwyn Bishop’s spending? Have you noticed that they admit it, resolve it, show contrition and take steps to ensure it’s not repeated?

Have you noticed when Labor has a moral problem in its ranks like Julia Gillard’s fraudulent theft of union members’ dues, outrageous uncontrolled spending and total incompetence in Office? Have you noticed that they refuse to admit it, resolve it, show contrition or take steps to ensure it’s not repeated?

Hmmmm, maybe it’s just me.

Have you noticed when the Conservatives have a moral problem in their ranks like Bronwyn Bishop’s spending? Have you noticed that they admit it, resolve it, show contrition and take steps to ensure it’s not repeated?

Have you noticed when Labor has a moral problem in its ranks like Julia Gillard’s fraudulent theft of union members’ dues, outrageous uncontrolled spending and total incompetence in Office? Have you noticed that they refuse to admit it, resolve it, show contrition or take steps to ensure it’s not repeated?

thatsthejoke.jpg

No, I haven't noticed this pattern at all in the Bishop saga. They both seem to follow the pattern you've ascribed to the ALP.

appropriate that her career will end in disgrace. embodies what is s**t about politicians in general. dick heads abusing the system. the quota of dickheads in parliament is unbelievable. i would gladly torch it

appropriate that her career will end in disgrace. embodies what is s**t about politicians in general. dick heads abusing the system. the quota of dickheads in parliament is unbelievable. i would gladly torch it

I'll tell you what's wrong...go look at most of our politicians backgrounds/previous jobs...they're almost all ******* lawyers! that's your starting point.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do not kill our politicians or destroy Parliament House, please. Bronwyn Bishop's 'expenses' are not indicative of the rest of the politicians. She was easily the worst. I also don't think they'd be any different to a lot of high-level corporates, however you would've thought they would've restrained themselves more given their employment is closely tied to what people think of them.

From what I heard on the radio the rules allow for a set number of trips by family a year, so that sounds more like a salary perk as compared to the abuse of 'work expense' claims that Bishop went to town on.

I'll tell you what's wrong...go look at most of our politicians backgrounds/previous jobs...they're almost all ******* lawyers! that's your starting point.

Not just lawyers but ex political staffers

No, I haven't noticed this pattern at all in the Bishop saga. They both seem to follow the pattern you've ascribed to the ALP.

Yes & thats because they are part of the party political machine system. Never wrong, its someone elses fault, diversionary tactics, denial, lies, etc etc.
I do note the propensity for 'revenge' sneeking into this Guments behaviors. RC into Gillard & TU activity. Also the $3.5 million spent over investigating Peter Slippers $800 taxi rides & piss ups.

If the ALP start that into Bishop, the Submarine promises issue, the mafia links, the links to donors etc etc. That will feed the tabloid for years.

RC into Gillard & TU activity
Don't forget the one into the home insulation program. A complete waste of time considering there had already been reports that clearly hadn't dodged the issue as they were highly critical. It was purely a speculative attempt by the Coalition to try and dig up dirt on Rudd.

It's an appalling precedent.

And Abbott acts as if he is respectful of Royal institutions, but the way he has used Royal Commissions isn't respectful of the gravity of that step. Could his use of England and Royalty link back into that northern beaches thing mentioned earlier about Bishop's constituency being Tories clinging to England as a not-too-subtle suggestion of who they think 'deserves' to live in Australia?

Yeah, I don't know what is worse, failing to take accountability - in the face of mounting evidence (Gillard, Shorten). Or, coming up with rationalisations as to why you did it (Abbott). Not sure what is worse, but I think that is the difference between the 2 parties. Abbott will rationalise his decisions, regardless of how many times he has contradicted himself, and Shorten will claim to be some sort of cleanskin - when he isn't.

Yeah, I don't know what is worse, failing to take accountability - in the face of mounting evidence (Gillard, Shorten). Or, coming up with rationalisations as to why you did it (Abbott). Not sure what is worse, but I think that is the difference between the 2 parties. Abbott will rationalise his decisions, regardless of how many times he has contradicted himself, and Shorten will claim to be some sort of cleanskin - when he isn't.

Well, thats our political system for you. The political interest is self interest. Thats the problem. The morals that use to apply to community service have just become a facade for the self interested party machine system we have today. aBORT is just the latest incantation of that development.

I think aBORT has just taken it to the next level. Using the serious institution of the Royal Commission for self serving political fishing expeditions.

Where will that end?

Well, thats our political system for you. The political interest is self interest. Thats the problem. The morals that use to apply to community service have just become a facade for the self interested party machine system we have today. aBORT is just the latest incantation of that development.

I think aBORT has just taken it to the next level. Using the serious institution of the Royal Commission for self serving political fishing expeditions.

Where will that end?

Abbott has broken every pre election promise, no one seems to care. So who really knows how far he will go. There doesn't appear to be many threats of leadership coming from the ALP. So I think we might be stuck with Abbott for another term.

Abbott has broken every pre election promise, no one seems to care. So who really knows how far he will go. There doesn't appear to be many threats of leadership coming from the ALP. So I think we might be stuck with Abbott for another term.
I feel the 'not caring' is because everyone has decided Abbott will go, including a lot of Liberal voters, whereas under Labor there will still a lot of people caring about Gillard staying in power so you had debate. Of course a lot of Libs would hope Abbott goes pre-election so they have a hope at the election.

I feel the 'not caring' is because everyone has decided Abbott will go, including a lot of Liberal voters, whereas under Labor there will still a lot of people caring about Gillard staying in power so you had debate. Of course a lot of Libs would hope Abbott goes pre-election so they have a hope at the election.

I would like to think that was the case. I certainly don't see it like that, I don't see Abbott losing the support you suggest - at least not to that extent. Labor appear deficient of strong leadership at the moment. Shorten tends to care more about critiquing Liberal, than he does about his own independence as a leader. Dare I say it, Shorten has slipped into Abbott's pre election routine of blame shifting. I don't think it is the right tactic leading into the next election. I hope Shorten can change things up a bit, because I would prefer him to Abbott.

I would like to think that was the case. I certainly don't see it like that, I don't see Abbott losing the support you suggest - at least not to that extent. Labor appear deficient of strong leadership at the moment. Shorten tends to care more about critiquing Liberal, than he does about his own independence as a leader. Dare I say it, Shorten has slipped into Abbott's pre election routine of blame shifting. I don't think it is the right tactic leading into the next election. I hope Shorten can change things up a bit, because I would prefer him to Abbott.

Shorten will need to give a vision, a plan for the future. Thats his & ALPs best hope.

aBORT cant do that. he is known as a bald face liar. So he cant give us a vision of a positive future. He can only run of the fear tactics he has already used. Boats, Terrorists, Carbon Tax. Fear is all he is capable of.

Disgraceful. Shouldn't get a penny. She should be forced in to a monastery on bread and water for the rest of their lives. And be forced to slop out as per English prisons in the 80s.

http://www.theage.com.au/federal-po...a-year-plus-free-flights-20150805-gis178.html

I feel the 'not caring' is because everyone has decided Abbott will go, including a lot of Liberal voters, whereas under Labor there will still a lot of people caring about Gillard staying in power so you had debate.

Ratts she was despised , hence primary vote falling under 30% IIRC. The only love for her was because ALP sorts despised Rudd even more (and probably with some justification)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back