Toast Broughton

Remove this Banner Ad

Was disappointed when he left us, as he held a strong position in a final 8 prospect team. I am stoked for him, as he is the hard working soldier type player we see less of these days. He got to the top which many do not make and he made 100 games.

I also think moving to GC was a smart move considering all factors. Smart man, tough player, and respected by the majority. Good onya Brought's!

Broughton was so great for a while there! You'd back him to win every one on one contest, just someone you could trust.

Unfortunately he was never in favour with Ross... and you can say pretty confidently it was a effort/attitude thing.

Always enjoyed broughts when he was with us, and was sorry to see him leave. Well done to him on a pretty good afl career, and good luck with whatever is next.

Loved Broughts in his time here. How do you go from being starting 18 in a top 8 team to struggling to break into the Gold Coast lineup though?

Solid player For us. To this day I wondered why he was traded. Did so well in his 1st year at Freo. Freo picked him up as a 22 year old bloke from the rookie draft, why was he overlooked 3-4 years previously? Still... He is much better than the bloke that was pick 1 in the 2008 National Draft.

Here's hoping Broughton remembers the ones that gave him a chance and goes out swinging.

Was on the angry pills when we last played Gold Coast IIRC or was it the game in 2014

Anyhow, good player for us and all the best in retirement

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back