Sandi
Hill

Don't care who wins overall as long as it isn't Selwood

I'll play
Fyfe
Sandi
Mundy
Now send me to sportsbet

Brownlow is overrated and overvalued. Would you rather win an award where you're regarded the mvp by your peers or win an award where the umpires decide who's the best? Brownlow is a midfielders award these days too, the award means zilch to me. The amount of times good players have gotten votes when they shouldn't of is ridiculous. That's my two cents on the blind freddy midfielders award.

Think Fyfe may end up sneaking 2-3 votes short of the eventual winner. Could end up on 19-20 votes.

We gave Fyfe BOG in our own board votes:
R5 - Loss to Syd
R6 - Loss to Norf
R8 - Loss to Port
R14 - Win against Bris
R16 - Win against Eagles
R19 - Win against Carlton

And 4 other games he came in 2nd closely behind other players like Neale and Ballas.

I am actually curious to see how many votes Lachie Neale gets this year. From memory he had 2 Best on games worthy of 3 votes from the umpires.

I actually think Lachie will get quite a few. I reckon 9 - 12. 2 games he should get 3, and then a few other over the course should have him pushing double digits.

I am on Hill to lead out votes (Fyfe excluded) at Sprots bet, was $5 and now $8, I think he could poll in 9 games with 4 games I think he should have 2-3. So much is luck and he hasn't polled well traditionally (4 votes is the most ever) but he has had more of the ball this year and kicked more goals including a few games where he got multiples, plus he gets a lot of the ball on the outside which you'd think stands out.

So according to the AFL Brownlow predictor our club will go:
Fyfe* 17
Hill 12
Sandilands 11
Neale 10
Ballas* 10
Mundy* 9
Barlow 9
Pav 5
Spurr 3
McPharlin 3
Zarke* 2

Not bad - 91 votes with Fyfe possibly missing out on another 5-6 due to his 4 games off.

Record by a team is 116 by Essendon in 2000.

Apparently Fyfe hasn't flown to Melbourne for the count.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I jumped on Sandi at $21 to be leading after round 4.

Same here, he started well and the bet on Sportsbet has it listed as " Leader after Round 4, not including Joel Selwood"

In with a chance I think

Apparently Fyfe hasn't flown to Melbourne for the count.
I don't think suspended players are ever invited anyway.

Smart move either way. 7 would just spend the whole night with a camera in his face waiting for a reaction every time he polls so they can turn it into a soapie.

Have our boys actually ever flown over, or West Coast players for that matter? From memory we always hold the Brownlow night here?

Thought they normally do fly over. Only reason they didn't last year was because of the GF preparations

Remove this Banner Ad

Back