Unofficial Preview Brownlow Medal 2014: Freo watch

Remove this Banner Ad

I really enjoyed this Brownlow! Found myself 'oohing and aahing" along with the crowd.

Well done to Priddis. A humble winner.

Some of you guys need to let it go and get rid of that angst. Fyfe is young, his time will come. This whole MRP/suspension thing sucked absolute balls but how does staying angry solve anything? It's time to move on guys.

I reckon it's wonderful, Good on Priddis. So glad it went to a dark horse candidate.

For Freo this has been a season of almost, but not quite good enough. Missing out on our first Brownlow Medalist is just another one of those things that didn't work out our way. We've had 5 months to get used to the idea that Fyfe can't win it, so there's no pain or regrets there.

%2094513d1388275289-fake-anavar-ron-burgundy-erection.jpg%20.att

These were our votes by the way, not sure if already mentioned.

Nat Fyfe 25*
Michael Barlow 13
David Mundy 13
Stephen Hill 9
Aaron Sandilands 7
Lachie Neale 7
Hayden Ballantyne 6*
Michael Johnson 3*
Luke McPharlin 2
Tendai Mzungu 2

Total of 87 votes.

I'd like to add, I'm utterly stoked Franklin didn't win the award.

Anymore media dry stroking of Sydney, their Bloods culture, all the while glossing over the elephant in the room at how they've achieved this success and I'd give up footy forever.
Buddy should of been suspended as well.

I really enjoyed this Brownlow! Found myself 'oohing and aahing" along with the crowd.

Well done to Priddis. A humble winner.

Some of you guys need to let it go and get rid of that angst. Fyfe is young, his time will come. This whole MRP/suspension thing sucked absolute balls but how does staying angry solve anything? It's time to move on guys.

Priddis is not the issue (other than winning by default), it's his less than humble supporters

Freo, Sydney, Geelong each had 5 players in the top 50 most votes polled. Most of all clubs.

Oh btw, weags had 1... ;)
3 actually*
The list you're looking at doesn't include suspended players, but you added Fyfe back in anyway :p

We also had 13 players who polled votes opposed to your 10 :p Team effort > Carried

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nah good on him. He's not a dick and not Victorian. He's picked up a new nickname in my office however... Exactly.

Context...
Colleague 1: So who won the Brownlow last night?
Colleague 2: Exactly.

To suggest Priddis is a better player than Ablett because the latter was injured is ridiculous. If they want to award the medal to the most consistent player over an entire season they need to say so, not just call him the "best and fairest". The best player would be the one that scores the most amount of brownlow points per game. And fairest? Well that's determined by the knee-jerk MRP lotto. Oh - and not if a player accidentally bumps another in the head (which this time is judged by the MRP craps table).

For the record (Brownlow points/game):
Ablett: 15 games, 22 points (1.47 points/game)
Fyfe: 18 games, 25 points (1.39 points/game)
Priddis: 22 games, 26 points (1.18 points/game)

Fyfe is a freak, really hope he wins one,
Maybe next year he mighty get a few bonus pity votes from the umps especially if the MRP changes it's gradings of bumps. Yes I know he biffed Lewis.

I hope the afl appreciate fyfe did them a big favour by snotting Lewis (maybe they begged him to do it cos they knew they'd unfairly cost him the brownlow and death threats would result so in return will go easy on him next year lol) :D

Priddis deserving winner. Good to see a humble AFL player.

Lachie Neal is the one that next year should get better. He polled 7 votes, so next year he should be aiming for mid teens.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back