Magpiespower

Cancelled
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan
Dec 16, 2004
Salisbury
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Fingers crossed!

But given how the weekend panned out, he'll probably be leading by two votes.

And Selwood will poll three in the last votes counted on the night...

#graypride

Would love to see him win it. But have a gut feel that he won't poll as well as we hope. Umpires are poor judges, and his relatively low profile will cost him deserved votes. I wouldn't be surprised if Boak gets more votes. However if Gray has a similar or even slightly worse season next year then expect him to be a huge chance as they will overcompensate. Hope I'm wrong and we can hail him as our 1st Brownlow Medalist tonight.

Coobk001

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 26, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
SA Spurs, Anaheim Ducks, White Sox
I don't think he will win it. He just won't have been noticed enough early in the season for mine.
However if we are lucky and he can manage to pull out 10 votes in the first 10-12 rounds then he is a big show because I reckon he'll come home with a big 10-15 vote run.

I still think #travisboat will gain the most votes for Port. He had 4-5 clear BOG performances in wins that should see him gain 3 votes each time. I think Robbie will be the victim of always being 2nd-4th best in our early wins meaning he will get 1 or 0 votes and then in the second half of the year a lot of his best games came in losses - Sydney x 2, Freo, Essendon meaning again he may miss out on votes.

I don't think he will win it. He just won't have been noticed enough early in the season for mine.
However if we are lucky and he can manage to pull out 10 votes in the first 10-12 rounds then he is a big show because I reckon he'll come home with a big 10-15 vote run.

Yeah I'm hopeful but I dont think he will win. probably get 15-20 votes, most in the second half when he was in the media a lot more.

JimmyBeerCans

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts Bring Back the Bars
May 6, 2013
Hell
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
If Robbie can jag a few votes in the first 10 rounds he may come home with a rush but we know what umpires are like so he could end the night with 6 votes lel.

#graypride

Aug 30, 2004
Kaurna Land
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Vikings, Canadiens, Sharks
Go Robbie!

To quote Kern, "If people who are controlling the game have got good vision … we'll see probably an interesting result Monday night, because he was clearly the best player in the competition this year."

Unfortunately it has been shown in the past that the people controlling the game do not have good vision.

#graypride
#graypower

(Log in to remove this ad.)

*PAF

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts Port Adelaide - Nathan Krakouer Player Sponsor 2015 Port Adelaide - Brendon AhChee Player Sponsor 2014 Port Adelaide - Jarrad Redden Player Sponsor 2014 Port Adelaide - Matthew Broadbent Player Sponsor 2013 Port Adelaide - Foundation Sponsor Port Adelaide - Captains Club 2012 Sponsor Port Adelaide - John Butcher 2012 Player Sponsor
Feb 17, 2005
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
B&F is for most consistent player.
Brownlow is for flashiest know player in a win.
IMO we will have a few different players getting 3 votes in our early games and that will work against Gray.
Ablett will get lots if 3 vote games and more than his share of votes in losses to finish top 5 if not better as iMO it could be one of those low scoring years. The exception could be Selwood who may get a number of if in doubt pick Judd type votes.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back