Bruce Francis

Remove this Banner Ad

Alan Jones dishing out a pretty good take. Mostly stuff from Bruce but pretty good nonetheless.

I guess Gil didn't tell him all after the interview ended.

Maybe Gill did call but it was Jones who explained to Gill how the AFL deck of cards is about to come crashing down.

The dingbat will be on tomorrow apparently. His deluded campaigner as rita panahi called him has been dropping hints to anyone that cared

His campaigner cracked it when rita. Called him out. It's funny how he thinks that no one should be having a go at him. He's hidi behind an anonymous Twitter account who attacks people that don't agree with his opinions

you should probably not be listening to anything panahi says. in fact, nobody in the world should really be listening to or reading anything she has to say. she is the epitome of a shrill, irrelevant moronic wowser - wait, sorry, what's her title? oh yeah 'social commentator'? spare me.

please note i'm not defending bruce. i'm just saying that whatever he is, panahi is a hundred times worse.

you should probably not be listening to anything panahi says. in fact, nobody in the world should really be listening to or reading anything she has to say. she is the epitome of a shrill, irrelevant moronic wowser - wait, sorry, what's her title? oh yeah 'social commentator'? spare me.

please note i'm not defending bruce. i'm just saying that whatever he is, panahi is a hundred times worse.

Social Tart

I already came to my own conclusion. That the governor is deluded long ago

Some more stuff from Bruce over at bombertalk. I get the feeling Bruce and mates like Alan Jones will keep on chipping away until someone falls at the AFL.

Watch for more "retirements" soon.

I have always argued the members could have sued Evans (and the board) for breach of their fiduciary duty by giving the Switkowski Report to the AFL to use against EFC. I have just re-watched a Footy Show. Sam Newman was brilliant. But Barrett's comments were Gold

My guess is this program went to air on 11 April 2013. Off-the-top-of-my-head I think the Switkowski Report became public on 6 May 2013.

Barrett statements prove there was a conspiracy between Evans and the AFL to use the Switkowski Report to nail Essendon.

Barrett says:

The Ziggy Switkowski Report is the next crucial step.

The Ziggy Switkowski Report will form part of the AFL’s findings.

It [Ziggy’s report] may be enough for them [the AFL] to act solely [against Essendon] but there is still a strong belief that the ASADA findings which may be as late as August or even September may be the one they wait for to come down.

Barrett's comments prove EFC had already agreed to give the Ziggy Report to the AFL to use against it. I wonder who initiated the report. I wonder who approached Ziggy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pIaumDn ... e=youtu.be

Two things with Rita, has admitted on air that as a Hawks supporter she hopes to see us fall and the other is she obviously has contacts
in athletics and shares their view which is it would be a joke if the players do not get suspended which is the view of the athletics world
given they have no 3 strike policy and some of the very ordinary decisions given out to athletes under WADA .

What someone has said she is a social tart and one thing that makes her hated is there is no middle ground or use of genuine facts a lot of the time
when she is on air. Strangely she does come up with some good stuff at time in her HS articles but then retracts to her again the next week with absolute rubbish.

Two things with Rita, has admitted on air that as a Hawks supporter she hopes to see us fall and the other is she obviously has contacts
in athletics and shares their view which is it would be a joke if the players do not get suspended which is the view of the athletics world
given they have no 3 strike policy and some of the very ordinary decisions given out to athletes under WADA .

What someone has said she is a social tart and one thing that makes her hated is there is no middle ground or use of genuine facts a lot of the time
when she is on air. Strangely she does come up with some good stuff at time in her HS articles but then retracts to her again the next week with absolute rubbish.

Aren't these athletes usually done for positive tests? If one of them faced the same evidence we faced they would also have got off.

Aren't these athletes usually done for positive tests? If one of them faced the same evidence we faced they would also have got off.

Yes they are but it is the whole AFL drugs policy that irks them as well. They do not see the AFL players as having the same playing field they do.
Not saying it is the right view but it is what they think.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes they are but it is the whole AFL drugs policy that irks them as well. They do not see the AFL players as having the same playing field they do.

Its no different - Positive tests to PEDS on match day attract a suspension under the WADA Code - I'd argue that AFL footy is tougher on the use of illicit drugs than most other sports.

The problem is you only hear from the outspoken narcissistic ones in athletics, it's not necessarily the view of athletes in general. Danny Corcoran also rubbed a few of them up the wrong way when he was at Athletics Australia and some of them seemed to revel in him being brought down.

In reality, there is absolutely no way ASADA would bother proceeding with a case as flimsy as this if it involved lower profile athletes.

I think I've followed the whole ASAGA pretty closely and despite seeing this blokes name many times (HTB losers seem particularly obsessed) I have absolutely no idea who he is, what his role is or why he's involved. WTF?

There's plenty of back-reading there if you are up for it.

Short story is he is a former Test cricketer who took a analytical, non-sensationalist approach to this saga that seems to have upset the opportunist head-kickers no end.

The problem is you only hear from the outspoken narcissistic ones in athletics, it's not necessarily the view of athletes in general. Danny Corcoran also rubbed a few of them up the wrong way when he was at Athletics Australia and some of them seemed to revel in him being brought down.

In reality, there is absolutely no way ASADA would bother proceeding with a case as flimsy as this if it involved lower profile athletes.

This is confirmed by the NAD scheme which demands the confidentiality of investigations.

If this had been investigated behind closed doors and an opinion on the 'guilt' of the players could have been made without the embarrassment heaped on ASADA by the government it would not have proceeded.

Short story is he is a former Test cricketer who took a analytical, non-sensationalist approach to this saga that seems to have upset the opportunist head-kickers no end.

I'd add in that he had impeccable sources (he has been right about almost all of the factual matters) based on what I understand to be his involvement in the Liberal party.

It was fortunate us that someone wanted to grind an ax with the Labor party and fed him the information he would not have otherwise been able to get.

This is confirmed by the NAD scheme which demands the confidentiality of investigations.

If this had been investigated behind closed doors and an opinion on the 'guilt' of the players could have been made without the embarrassment heaped on ASADA by the government it would not have proceeded.

True. ASADA find themselves in a no win, can't quit situation, and it looks like only ending in further embarrassment to them.

I beg your pardon?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back