Other Teams
Arsenal
Good set from Ohio

Set list
1. High Hopes
2. Adam Raised A Cain
3. Death to My Hometown
4. Hungry Heart
5. Blinded by the Light (tour premiere, sign request)
6. Prove It All Night (with 1978 intro)
7. Trapped
8. Wrecking Ball
9. The River
10. American Skin (41 Shots)
11. Johnny 99
12. Darlington County
13. Shackled and Drawn
14. Waiting on a Sunny Day
15. The Ghost of Tom Joad
16. The Rising
17. Lonesome Day
18. Badlands
19. Light of Day

Encores
20. Backstreets (W/ Sad Eyes interlude)
21. Born To Run
22. Bobby Jean
23. Dancing in the Dark
24. Tenth Avenue Freeze Out
25. Shout
26. Dream Baby Dream (solo on the organ)

Over at 11:03 p.m.

DrVanNostrand

Premiership Player
Dec 14, 2011
129 West 81st
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Will be in Columbus, Ohio for Record Store Day tomorrow, can't wait to hit the lines bright and early. Then off to Pittsburgh for the show on Tuesday :thumbsu: And did the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in Cleveland yesterday, which is fairly Bruce-heavy. It's been a good week!

Would have loved to witness Satisfaction, the Stones are the only other act that sit alongside Bruce for me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apr 23, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
New England Patriots
Good name.

Congratulations to you and your wife on a healthy son :thumbsu:

Can't think of any part Bruce references though?

Well being Aussie his name will obviously get shortened to Patty.

So when you asked before if it was a little Bruce or Pattie... I should have said "both"!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

DrVanNostrand

Premiership Player
Dec 14, 2011
129 West 81st
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Was at the Pittsburgh show last night. Heard some songs for the first time which was great: Back in Your Arms (superb!), Stand on It, The Promise (piano to start the encore, looooved), The Wall. Youngstown was brilliant, especially with the proximity to the town. Getting The Wall was great, moving performance and first song from HH I've seen that wasn't played on the Wrecking Ball tour in Australia, after seeing three High Hopes shows in Aus/NZ in Feb/March. Could have done without Joe G. but the locals loved him, so I was outnumbered there. Honestly, I don't think he put as much into it as in Australia and NZ the past year, but it still sounded great. Seven Nights to Rock was very early in the set, but everybody loved it.

The sound was a little different from the Aussie shows. Less horns, more keys and piano (JLFW being a prime example). Morello not featured at all outside of GOTJ, High Hopes and the cover of The Clash's 'Clampdown' which was fun. Nils, instead, was given more of the spotlight. First show I've seen with Patti....she adds even less than I could have imagined. It was obvious HH and the new GOTJ were very new to the local audience.

First experience with the lottery system. Very different to what is done here. Ended up about 30 metres deep after getting a number in the 300s, with 500-something being drawn. Although the anticipation and celebration before and after the draw was quite cool to experience. But having the whole floor as standing GA is fantastic. First experience with an American arena; everyone is wanded with a metal detector, but yet they let you take in enormous aluminium beer cans into the venue, for a small fortune at $12 a pop.

How high (or low) do you guys rate Meeting Across The River?

Low - but that is partly because it has so much competition on Born to Run from the other 7 songs.

paddy18

Team Captain
Mar 26, 2009
Whoville
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, BorussiaDortmund
How high (or low) do you guys rate Meeting Across The River?

If it were on any other album, sitting alone by itself, I wouldn't rate it at all and I would probably never listen to it.

However, in the context of the BTR album and where it is positioned on the album............it's still fairly mediocre.

But it works for where it is, if only for what follows.

paddy18

Team Captain
Mar 26, 2009
Whoville
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
******* wow

Brilliant.

For his age and for the amount of shows he does, his vocal ability actually seems to be improving.

It's a bit sad watching these vids, knowing that in all probability it's gonna be quite while until see we get to see him again.

paddy18

Team Captain
Mar 26, 2009
Whoville
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Feb 2016 is what I am hearing.

I'd be keen as by then....and the credit card may have just recovered from this year.

We are actually budgeting for 2 overseas trips that year, but any Bruce concert would have to take top priority.

Going by his current output, he will have released another 2 or 3 albums by then :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back