Bruce Springsteen

The Boss made Warney's much-discussed pool party mural. That's him over on the left chilling with Warney himself. I'm not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing. ;)

297281-b2907852-46dd-11e5-b83a-5887e9d6a545.jpg

worbod

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 26, 2008
Bendigo
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Liverpool
Not sure what Springsteen's motivation was for writing Hungry Heart but I have always been reminded of the film Five Easy Pieces when I hear the opening verse.

Got a wife and kids in Baltimore, Jack
I went out for a ride and I never went back
Like a river that don't know where it's flowing
I took a wrong turn and I just kept going

Although the film is not set in Baltimore, I am reminded of the closing scene in the film when Jack Nicholson leaves his girlfriend at the petrol station and asks the truck driver for a ride. Jack then gets into the truck and is content to go wherever the driver is heading to. He is not even bothered that he has left his coat behind in the men's toilet.

Cruyff14 any further update on a 2016 tour?

If its February or March I assume they will try and sell tickets late November or early December to get the cash in a couple months early pay deposits etc and start the hype.

JeffLynnesBeard

Draftee
May 14, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Would see him again if it was just him and acoustic / piano. Been getting into that ohio, 05 archive release. Gee the tunnel of love tunes go down really well on there. Magnificent stuff

Things change, no?
Yes things do change but you said "He was never gonna tour" so never isnt the right word if things did in fact change.

Mar 14, 2002
Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Kangaroos
Downloaded the Melb Born in the USA March 2014 night...awesome, and the Tunnel of Love concert from 1988, doubly awesome.

I spew at the person who promised me a mate of a mate deal and didn't come through with the BinUSA concert.

I went the night after to B2Run concert, but geez, a big regret is not telling person to GAGF, I will go Lone Wolf and buy my own front of house ticket.

Was also reading Rolling Stone with the collaborator for this new River set, and suggested that more are likely in the future with an eye on BinUSA which makes me happy.

Aug 16, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal
Downloaded the Melb Born in the USA March 2014 night...awesome, and the Tunnel of Love concert from 1988, doubly awesome.

I spew at the person who promised me a mate of a mate deal and didn't come through with the BinUSA concert.

I went the night after to B2Run concert, but geez, a big regret is not telling person to GAGF, I will go Lone Wolf and buy my own front of house ticket.

Was also reading Rolling Stone with the collaborator for this new River set, and suggested that more are likely in the future with an eye on BinUSA which makes me happy.
All the shows are good.

BITUSA is the most fun of the 10 shows I've seen.

Also night after BTR concert was in Sydney, on the Wednesday.

Gaga...lol...

12191075_1073217929390516_44626257461711276_n.jpg

She is a massive fan. In 2011 she got Clarence to record his sax on her Born This Way album and 2 songs in particular Edge of Glory and Hair. Clarence passed away a few months after that.

I remember reading these couple of stories after Clarence passed away as they were linked into stories about them working together. She did a couple of TV specials as part of promoting the album.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/n...bruce-springsteen-wont-do-reality-tv-20110323
On the rock sound of her new album: "I would call it avant-garde techno rock. There’s a lot of rock influences on the album, but not in a ‘This is a rock music record’ kind of way. It actually is quite steadfast in that it is an exploration in electronic music and in techno sonics. But I have sort of created a genre of metal dance techno pop music with a lot of rock anthemic choruses because that is the music that I love. I’m actually really obsessed with Bruce Springsteen. My father used to play a lot of Bruce Springsteen records when I was a kid, and he was blue collar America. And in a way, I related to Bruce because I watched my father, a blue collar American citizen, relate to Bruce and I think that in a social way, my fans feel blue collar. They feel like they’re the underdogs that will someday be the winners. And I took the influence of Bruce on my father in my life to create this album. Lots of really big, almost big Def Leppard-style melodies in the choruses, but it’s electronic dance music. It’s very hard and very edgy, and I’m very excited for you to hear it."
http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/lady-gaga-says-she-loves-bruce-springsteen-wont-do-reality-tv-20110323
and

http://www.billboard.com/articles/n...ingsteen-influence-for-inside-the-outside-doc
Lady Gaga will talk about the importance of Bruce Springsteen, juggling her career and personal life and social causes in an hour-long documentary that will air May 26 on MTV, three days after the release of her third album "Born This Way."

"Lady Gaga: Inside the Outside," produced by @radical.media, features an interview with Gaga that touches on events that shaped her early years, including a story about how her father's love of Springsteen led to getting her first piano.

"Springsteen had such an influence on our home," she says. "My father gave me, I believe it was for Christmas, a Bruce Springsteen songbook for the piano and on it was 'Thunder Road,' which is my favorite Bruce Springsteen song. My dad said, 'If you learn how to play this song we will take out a loan for a grand piano, a baby grand.' So I remember it was the hardest thing for me. I was playing these huge (classical) pieces, like 15 pages long, ... and then there was this Bruce Springsteen song. I opened up the book and there was like chords, guitar chords. I was so confused. I didn't understand it, so I just started to read it and eventually, eventually I got it down."
http://www.billboard.com/articles/n...ingsteen-influence-for-inside-the-outside-doc

Back