Bruce Springsteen

Remove this Banner Ad

The bird was like it isn't but I'll give it to you anyway.

$172.

She said the computer classifies it as music.

Went to a different store and asked if they could mark it down. Denied, citing "new release".

Recently paid $800 for a Queen vinyl box set (new release) which was knocked down days later to $640 during a 20% off vinyl sale. Not well disposed towards JB Hi Fi at present.

Went to a different store and asked if they could mark it down. Denied, citing "new release".

Recently paid $800 for a Queen vinyl box set (new release) which was knocked down days later to $640 during a 20% off vinyl sale. Not well disposed towards JB Hi Fi at present.
Ouch

Tried Bourke St CBD and Northland. There was no way they were doing it, not a chance. Sensed the people I asked didn't have the authority.
They did it for me at Airport West. I know someone else who got it done at Forest Chase, and he posted his receipt online too if that might help?

They did it for me at Airport West. I know someone else who got it done at Forest Chase, and he posted his receipt online too if that might help?

Think the sale finished today. Thanks, but I'll wait for the next one. I'm not quite the Springsteen fan you are!

Think the sale finished today. Thanks, but I'll wait for the next one. I'm not quite the Springsteen fan you are!
Odds are extremely high there'll be a 20% off music sale post Xmas.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cruyff14 I see JBHiFi on line are charging $175 DVD and $215 blue ray.

went to Amazon and say 3 prices MP3 $89.99USD, Audio CD with DVD format is $92.19USD. When I clicled on show all 5 formats its had one for $165 with a 25th December date, but when I went back to look at it it was no longer there. When you allow for the exchange rate and shipping thats still a big difference.

http://www.amazon.com/The-Ties-That-Bind-Collection/dp/B016EAZ6GC

Think that will get boring pretty fast.

It won't be boring for most. It'd be a great gig. But it'll certainly stop a lot of people from doing the "follow the band around for a whole tour" thing. Which might be the intention. I'm sure bands get sick of seeing the same weirdos* up front all the time.

*I use to the term affectionately as I have done it.

From a SirusX radio blog -Wednesday night NJ time. Is the bold bit true? I thought he did it a few time in Europe on his Wrecking Ball trip. Or he only taloking about doing it in the USA once?

“Bruce from New Jersey”: Springsteen surprise calls E Street Radio with the skinny on The River tour
Mark your calendars: Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band are celebrating the release of their new box set, The Ties That Bind: The River Collection with a slew of live dates under the banner of The River Tour, playing 24 shows in 22 cities, including two-night runs at Madison Square Garden and the L.A. Sports Arena.

Bruce called into SiriusXM’s E Street Radio (Ch. 20) earlier today to talk about what prompted him to tour a 35 year-old album initially, as well as what fans can expect to see.

“We made the box set, and there were no plans to tour,” Bruce explained. “Then we thought, ‘Oh maybe we should do a show just to raise the flag and have some fun and make it a little more exciting.’”

Their plans kept growing until eventually they decided to put together a full-fledged tour. “If you’re going to get everybody together for a show, and particularly a show that’s as specific as this one, then you might as well play it out a few times and get around and get a chance to see everybody,” he said.

The band has only ever toured The River once before, so many of his fans haven’t seen him perform much of that material live. “The idea was to do The River top to bottom because we’ve only done it once before. And my recollection was that it was a very good night of music when we played it at the Garden,” he explained. “And it’s something we haven’t done. It’s unique for the fans. If this is an album you really liked and you were ever curious to hear it played in concert, this would be a shot for you to hear it.”

This concept is a little different from what fans are used to seeing on the road, as the River Tour setlist will go in order of the album’s tracks.
“It takes a little of the guessing out of the evening because you’re going to know what the next song is, but we’ll make up for some of that in the encores or something,” he assured. “We plan to pick out some of the best of our outtakes for the end of the show along with some fan favorites.”

The lineup will also change for this tour, returning the band to a more straightforward format.

We just stripped it down to pretty much the basic band as it’s been since 1985, including Steve [van Zandt] — of course Jake [Clemons] will be along, and Soozie Tyrell,” he explained. “But we won’t have the horns, and we won’t have singers. It’s going to be a little more of a rock band format. And I’m looking forward to that for a little while and seeing how that feels again. It should be perfect for this record. It should be a nice lineup. I’m looking forward to that.”

“Bruce from New Jersey”: Springsteen surprise calls E Street Radio with the skinny on The River tour

Thanks for heads up from diegodcg Bruce was on the Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon on Thursday night USA time which will be shown on Monday 21st on ABC 1 around 10.30ish and the available on ABC's iView for a week.

http://www.rollingstone.com/tv/news...-reflect-on-hard-rock-hair-the-river-20151218
..to talk The River reissue The Ties That Bind and his early rock band Steel Mill, which also boasted guitarist Steven Van Zandt. "We both had a lot more hair," Springsteen told Fallon after the host showed him a photo of Steel Mill onstage.We had a very heavy blues band. I was about 19,..

As for The River, Springsteen admitted the album was significant to him for two reasons: It rescued him from going into debt, and it greatly expanded his audience. "This was the record where women started coming to the show. Previously we played to a lot of young men, due to the homosexual undercurrents in my music," Springsteen told Fallon. "But we had a hit record, and when we have a hit record ["Hungry Heart"], that means it's date night – Women listen to Top 40 radio, that's what my daughter does – and so finally people came, brought their dates, girls came, it was a much nicer scene for us."

Also in the interview, Springsteen elaborated on the story that he originally penned "Hungry Heart" for the Ramones. "I wrote it in about the time it took me to sing it, and I brought it in, and we either went to make a demo of it or I played it for Jon [Landau, Springsteen's manager] and he said, 'No, you better keep that one,'" Springsteen said. "So he was right about that. I think it did pretty well."

The Roots then delivered a snippet of what "Hungry Heart" would have sounded like if it wound up in the hands of the Ramones.
Read more: http://www.rollingstone.com/tv/news...rd-rock-hair-the-river-20151218#ixzz3uizfRacv

Last Thursday night US time he was on with Jimmy Fallon and then the Saturday night he was on Saturday Night Live. Must have a new record and tour. ;)

A newbie - what a cracker. It would have sat nicely on The River with - Out in the Street, Sherry Darling, You Can Look But Better Not Touch, Two Hearts, Hungry Heart, Crush on You, Cadallic Ranch and Ramrod.

A golden oldie and title track of the collection

and we cant get thru this time of the year without this one, with a few special guests

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back