Bruce William McAvaney - The always updating Quotes Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

This is a great example of the putrid "commentary" he is serving up these days.

I've always found with me that commentating isn't just getting excited and exploading in the moment, it's just calling it cool and calmly hence why bruce of late has annoyed me to no end, especially with that example there. Another reason why Commeti still has the goods

I've always found with me that commentating isn't just getting excited and exploading in the moment, it's just calling it cool and calmly hence why bruce of late has annoyed me to no end, especially with that example there. Another reason why Commeti still has the goods
Nah, there's times where going off your head makes the moment even better. :D

Had a childish giggle over Bruce describing Rioli's missed goal attempt as 'tugged it' rather than 'pulled it'
Freudian?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nat Fyfe grabs Bruce's arm during the Brownlow prez.

Bruce reflexively climaxes and exclaims 'oh Nat...stop'

If someone could put up a clip of one of the most openly gay awkward moments on national TV that'd be terrific (not that there is anything wrong with it...)

He USED to be the best, say 15 years ago. Just an complete embarrassment now. Terrible.
It's sad that I actually looked up to him as a kid 15 years ago. Wanted to be a footy commentator because of him.

It's because of him that I now no longer want to be a footy commentary.

It's sad that I actually looked up to him as a kid 15 years ago. Wanted to be a footy commentator because of him.

It's because of him that I now no longer want to be a footy commentary.
He's become a cover-band of a parody-band of a cover-band of a sex-offender. It is completely strange. And now he just resorts to these boring throw-away lines. Like every 3 minutes referring to "Lingy" Or "The Champ" or "Delicious Brown-Chocolate-Finger-Hole". I think it's as simple as he's run out of ideas and steam of a non-sexual kind.

Watching Bruce stand next Fyfe last night, wringing his hands together and looking like a 13 year boy about to ask out the girl from the ice cream shop on a date, was one of the more unsettling things I've seen before. He was almost blushing. Thought it was a bit strange seeing Bruce walk off stage after holding a couch cushion over his erection.

Watching Bruce stand next Fyfe last night, wringing his hands together and looking like a 13 year boy about to ask out the girl from the ice cream shop on a date, was one of the more unsettling things I've seen before. He was almost blushing. Thought it was a bit strange seeing Bruce walk off stage after holding a couch cushion over his erection.

You see you've set me off again. Most unsettling is that Bruce is old enough to be Nat's grandpa. ... Think on that and allow me to introduce you to a very unsettling thought....

Bruce's fantasy world where Bruce is a gay version of Hugh Heffner with the bunnies replaced by tender loving AFL footballers - in bunny suits. Cyril and Nat are of course Bruce's chief handmaidens...such a paradise for Bruce.

Now try and get that picture out of your head....

You see you've set me off again. Most unsettling is that Bruce is old enough to be Nat's grandpa. ... Think on that and allow me to introduce you to a very unsettling thought....

Bruce's fantasy world where Bruce is a gay version of Hugh Heffner with the bunnies replaced by tender loving AFL footballers - in bunny suits. Cyril and Nat are of course Bruce's chief handmaidens...such a paradise for Bruce.

oh man!

He's become a cover-band of a parody-band of a cover-band of a sex-offender. It is completely strange. And now he just resorts to these boring throw-away lines. Like every 3 minutes referring to "Lingy" Or "The Champ" or "Delicious Brown-Chocolate-Finger-Hole". I think it's as simple as he's run out of ideas and steam of a non-sexual kind.
He was big on the term "loosey" a few years ago, probably in reference to his anus more than anything happening on the football field.

Last night was a new low for Bruce. That was such an awkward interview from the outset, the questions and their delivery was terrible, and Fyfe was admirable under the circumstances. I used to love Bruce, but since 7 got back the rights the decline has been considerable. I think he needs to scale back some of his duties, as he is still useful, but needs to surrender some of his old gigs.

See, I think it's actually a bizarre form of worship as opposed to asexual thing, so rather than the Heff Scenario, I imagine Bruce has a secret basement where he keeps life-sized wax recreations of athletes. By night he visits them and gets close but not TOO close - he never touches them, he can't allow himself to touch.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back