Toast #Bruzzy Brayden Maynard

Remove this Banner Ad

I just can't get on board with this guy. No idea why. Maybe a really poor first impression has stuck? Just..I don't know, nothing about him seems to stand out.

- He's not really fast
- He's not an elite kick
- He doesn't seem overly great at shutting his man down
- He doesn't exactly have the surest hands

What am I missing here?

Lul what? He has an elite kick wait till he gets enough preseasons in and less fatigue in games.

He has also got good pace not everyone has "elite" speed.

Will be a very good player for us in time, for a first year player he is doing very well.

So far I've seen a kid who backs himself to go for the high risk/high reward option and miss it more often than not?

Ive seen him hit the targets quite a bit with those high risk kicks, some that don't come off are his teams mates dropping sitters others he just simply fluffed.

Given time the mistakes will lessen... Given time.

Scharenberg hasn't really shown me much to be overly excited over either. Which is a shame because I've been heavily on his bandwagon from the day we drafted him.

Well I and Others don't see what you do.

I am guessing that he might have 1 really bad kick. Maynard would have many Friends in the side who do that.

Maynard kicking can really set-up attacks. Bit like Reid. At least he looks in the Corridor

Ive seen him hit the targets quite a bit with those high risk kicks, some that don't come off are his teams mates dropping sitters others he just simply fluffed.

Given time the mistakes will lessen... Given time.

Hope so. I"m just saying that in my opinion, I haven't seen anything much that makes think "whoa, we have a player here".

As a matter of fact, in the last few years, the only players who have managed to do so after seeing them in action in their first season are probably De Goey, Elliott and Marley? I'd have to go through my post history to see if there's any others but they're the only 3 I can think of.

Hope so. I"m just saying that in my opinion, I haven't seen anything much that makes think "whoa, we have a player here".

As a matter of fact, in the last few years, the only players who have managed to do so after seeing them in action in their first season are probably De Goey, Elliott and Marley? I'd have to go through my post history to see if there's any others but they're the only 3 I can think of.

You not even like what Moore had done?

You not even like what Moore had done?

Outside the Bulldogs game he hasn't done anything amazing. But he's a young tall, you can't expect miracles, especially given how much more weight he needs to put on.

Outside the Bulldogs game he hasn't done anything amazing. But he's a young tall, you can't expect miracles, especially given how much more weight he needs to put on.

I seen highlights of him. He does not get big numbers but he always try's to make and create every contest he can get to.

I feel like something good can happen when ball is near him.

Hopefully the Numbers get better with more Experience and more Mature body

I like him. Liked him when we picked him up on Draft night.

Hard as nails and wont take a backward step and has a lovely left foot. Those mistakes he does now will be gone when he plays a couple of more seasons.

Great draft. Moore,DeGooey and Maynard. Nailed it.

I like him. Liked him when we picked him up on Draft night.

Hard as nails and wont take a backward step and has a lovely left foot. Those mistakes he does now will be gone when he plays a couple of more season.

Great draft. Moore,DeGooey and Maynard. Nailed it.

Agree. 1st 3 picks of the 2014 Draft looked to be all Very Good AFL players and even be
Possibly better then that

There's a touch of Shane Watson in there as well.... hhhmmmm ....
No stripe....
I'm thinking a wee bit o' Scotty Russell...

1008-Russell_Scott.jpg

In fact Pendoobelberrie looks a lot like Scotty...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Welcome back into the lineup #Bruzzy
Maynard comes in for the suspended Brown to take on Tigers!

Just to make sure he doesn't miss out on the kudos. He did well. Showed great courage at times both sides of the ground.
We are building a nice core of hard headed youngsters with him, DeGoey, Adams, Grundy, Williams, ( btw great to see Marley get stuck in Selwood).

Just to make sure he doesn't miss out on the kudos. He did well. Showed great courage at times both sides of the ground.
We are building a nice core of hard headed youngsters with him, DeGoey, Adams, Grundy, Williams, ( btw great to see Marley get stuck in Selwood).
Improving with every game (as we would expect).
He will be very good for us.....he has a footy brain

Best Game at AFL Level. Love His Kicking

Maynard is a steal at pick 37. In only his first season, he has become a regular senior player. His mark and goal, then his chest mark almost ripped out of the grasp of a Geelong player, were class acts.
Word on the street is Adelaide considered using their first rounder (14?) on him. By all reports they're very happy with Lever but you'd think Maynard would also have been good value at that pick

Maynard is a steal at pick 37. In only his first season, he has become a regular senior player. His mark and goal, then his chest mark almost ripped out of the grasp of a Geelong player, were class acts.

He was pick 30

I remember in maybe his 1st game he got a knock on the ankle or knee and was sitting on the ground.
Nathan Brown dragged him to his feet by the jumper and basically told him to deal with it.
It clearly has taught him to work through pain and not be afraid.
Last night I saw signs of his growing confidence in taking the game on.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back