'BT' and Darcy: The Worst Commentary Team in History?

Remove this Banner Ad

Was watching choose day night footy on fox last night, Sydney v pies from 1987. Gee commentary back then was good....
Yeah I saw that one too, very one sided game but the commentary didn't get derailed at all. Every time I see a pre mid-1990s game these days I'm amazed at the lack of irrelevant bull s**t. Just shows how low we've sunk since in the commentary department despite all the technical innovations.

Yeah I saw that one too, very one sided game but the commentary didn't get derailed at all. Every time I see a pre mid-1990s game these days I'm amazed at the lack of irrelevant bull s**t. Just shows how low we've sunk since in the commentary department despite all the technical innovations.
This is the problem. They think we need to be 'entertained' both on TV and at the game. But that is what the game does. We don't need the 'product' sold to us. We love footy - that's why we are watching or attending - not to have some clown blathering on through the telly or PA system.

They're doing a good job of alienating Richo. Gotta love Richo but he's showing a bit of softness at their comments.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

BT: A lot of people say that we're bullying you a lot tonight but we're not are we?
Richo: I don't like you very much, Bryan. I couldn't care less.
*everyone laughs sheepishly*
Was at the game so didn't hear it. Taylor is a knob of the highest order and Darcy follows him closely. Glad richo said that, hope he meant it.

We're getting closer to the absolute nadir which is BT telling a dick joke live on air.

His commentary is close enough to that of what a 15 year old would call.

The absolute nadir will be the crossover from hell....

....BT joining the comm box on Boxing Day to call the first session with Michael "brain of a 12yo" Slater.

BT and Slatts!!!!!......can you hear the sound of a million TV sets being smashed to bits?

The absolute nadir will be the crossover from hell....

....BT joining the comm box on Boxing Day to call the first session with Michael "brain of a 12yo" Slater.

BT and Slatts!!!!!......can you hear the sound of a million TV sets being smashed to bits?
If I could like this post 1000 times, I would. My worst nightmare is having Slater and BT call the same game of any sport.

I've gotten to the point where I have to unfortunately mute the game in order to watch football games.

We shouldn't have to suffer when relaxing and chilling to a good game of footy.

Every now and then I feel bad for muting them and click unmute for a few seconds or so but then realise how annoying they are (especially BT and Darcy's commentary has been irritating lately, must be BT rubbing off on him).

Mute.

After watching tonight they should just get some young enthusiastic volunteers who are genuinely passionate about the game to commentate. It may not sound professional but it would at least have life.

Yes an exaggeration, but how does anybody tolerate this?

Last edited:
Richo I find is alright. He has to work with what he has got. Shaw is the dumbest commentator ever he has absolutely no clue about footy... I'm not surprised he failed as a coach. BT goes way over the top and is irritating and WTF is Darcy even there for? Adds nothing and is boring... s**t thing is that BT + Shaw do a lot of Lions/Suns games....

Remove this Banner Ad

Back