'BT' and Darcy: The Worst Commentary Team in History?

Nov 12, 2002
AFL Club
Geelong
To all those who are contemplating throwing things at their expensive TV/necking one self/on the verge of turning off, please do so!

I support any or all of the options!! This thread is fast becoming like those pathetic people on social media crusading for Alan Jones to be taken off the air. Or Kyle Sandilands etc. As if a radio dial was the most foreign concept floating in their cranium.

Get one self a life. The Cult of Robbo thread is at least abound with humour from it's posters :thumbsu:

Ah yes. Internet forums are so much fun when only your views are shared.

WALDENPOND

Club Legend
Jan 17, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
Mute!!!!! Genuinely makes the game enjoyable. Did it the whole match last night, great to just focus on the contest.

bigfarter

Club Legend
Aug 15, 2009
AFL Club
Geelong
The Saturday night commentary team (and most commentary teams these days, really) have helped me to listen to a lot more music this year. Much rather have an album on over the footy than ever have to hear BT again. I am not easily moved to anger but I've gotten legitimately close to throwing things at the television when Taylor is commentationg. The inanity, the faux-blokey banter, the witless jokes, the inability to pronounce names, the obsession with meaningless minutiae that he'll spend an entire quarter focusing on... is there anything positive he contributes?

Darcy is dull and offers nothing insightful but compared to BT, you have to love the way he goes about it.

Sep 27, 2005
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray
Wasn't on TV - but BT telling Seb Costello on Friday night that he "looked gay" because he was wearing a scarf = definite highlight/lowlight.

No wonder 3AW is losing listeners. People had their gripes with Rex, but he was entertaining.

What about Taylor's endless obsession with how far the ball travels at boundary throw-ins?

Taylor's expertise is banging on constantly about issues nobody else really gives a stuff about.

No wonder 3AW is losing listeners. People had their gripes with Rex, but he was entertaining.

What about Taylor's endless obsession with how far the ball travels at boundary throw-ins?

Taylor's expertise is banging on constantly about issues nobody else really gives a stuff about.

do they want to be vaudeville or serious football calling? If it's the former, it is going the way Rex was toward the end of his (3AW) tenure

Apr 12, 2014
AFL Club
Melbourne
Walls & Lane doing a Carlton game was worse.

Never forget in 2009 when Hawthorn beat Carlton after Fev hit the post, they had Walls, Lane and Maher on the boundary. Buddy gave away what should have been 50m (Wasn't paid, didn't matter because it was before Fev choked anyway) and the tears in the box were delicious. Also this is one of the most hilarious things I've ever heard on football coverage:

Sep 27, 2005
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray
BT's entire shtick is noticing something irrelevant to the game and pointing it out for the rest of the game. He must be in cahoots with the cameramen because they'll cut to whatever he's referencing during live play.

Like the two security guards at the GABBA who have their backs to one another.

Nobody gives a s***, just call the game.

Micksy

Premiership Player
Feb 16, 2006
Ballarat
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Cowwarr, Fish Creek
To all those who are contemplating throwing things at their expensive TV/necking one self/on the verge of turning off, please do so!

I support any or all of the options!! This thread is fast becoming like those pathetic people on social media crusading for Alan Jones to be taken off the air. Or Kyle Sandilands etc. As if a radio dial was the most foreign concept floating in their cranium.

Get one self a life. The Cult of Robbo thread is at least abound with humour from it's posters :thumbsu:
Wowee!

Back