'BT' and Darcy: The Worst Commentary Team in History?

Remove this Banner Ad

Just watched Les Murray sign off from his SBS soccer hosting career with class, modesty, and true and heartfelt words of thanks in being allowed into the viewers homes for so long. Wonder if Seven and 3AW might send a copy to BT on to show him how true professionals should act.....

Just watched Les Murray sign off from his SBS soccer hosting career with class, modesty, and true and heartfelt words of thanks in being allowed into the viewers homes for so long. Wonder if Seven and 3AW might send a copy to BT on to show him how true professionals should act.....
Love Les. His voice forever engrained in my memory.

WHat about Darcy for laughing as he said? Weak as piss.
He probably realised straight away that BT had majorly screwed up so he nervously laughed to try and play it down and protect his mate.

But yes, a bit of an overreaction. Just give him a slap on the wrist and tell him not to say it again.

All these precious do-gooders need to tone it down a little. To class it as being homophobic is an absolute joke.

I think it's the fact he's a repeat offender is what's making the issue a little bigger.

It's pretty clear he has homophobic issues yet so far 3AW have been the only ones that have taken any serious action for his conduct.

Last edited:
He probably realised straight away that BT had majorly screwed up so he nervously laughed to try and play it down and protect his mate.

But yes, a bit of an overreaction. Just give him a slap on the wrist and tell him not to say it again.
Isn't that what they did last time?

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can't believe the reaction over this NTTAWWTter remark. Jesus.

All these precious do-gooders need to tone it down a little. To class it as being homophobic is an absolute joke.
You're a do-badder. Getting rid of him commentating is a good thing, NTTAWWTter comment or not.

Can't believe the reaction over this NTTAWWTter remark. Jesus.

So just because you're not offended by it makes it not offensive?

Say what you want in private, just don't say it on national television. It's dumb and offensive by BT and he should be punished for it.

Luke Darcy epitomises the ex-footballer, media boys' club. I can't stand him. I hate everything he says. He is the classic goody-two shoes who tries to be everyone's mate and never had an original thought in his life. He is the sort of guy who probably thought Schapelle Corby was innocent. He probably also thought it was a good idea for the US to bomb the crap out of Baghdad because Saddam Hussein had weapons of mass destruction. He is just big, dumb sheep of a human being.

F**k him and everything he stands for.

Last edited:
Just on DARCE…

I happened to watch that swill, "Talking Footy" last Monday night. You should've heard the way Darcy tried to make light of the way he laughed along when Brian Taylor made the "big NTTAWWTter" comment on Saturday. It was obviously a pre-arranged set-up question by Tim Watson where presumably, Darcy would try to minimise any damage he caused to his "good guy" reputation and reiterate that using words like "NTTAWWTter" is just not on...

At first he acted all apologetic, except he just talked around in circles and forgot to answer the question or say that he didn't mean to laugh. He just mouthed a whole lot of words but didn't say anything. It was EMBARRASSING… Total floggery.

I don't give a stuff about BT's use of the word "NTTAWWTter".. It didn't offend me. He is an idiot, but at least he isn't false. He is who he is. A big boofhead of a relic from a bygone era. What offends me is two-faced hypocrites such as Luke Darcy who laugh at "NTTAWWTter" jokes and then later, they pretend they're so politically correct. If Darcy had a problem with Taylor's comment, he should've said so then and there and not laughed along like the sheep that he is. He saw the public reaction to BT - the negative fallout which nearly got BT sacked and then realised some back-pedalling was in order.

F**kin' knob.

Last edited:
F**k him and everything he stands for.

Agree with everything you've said except this. Darce stands for nothing. He backpedals, bends over, sidesteps, hops out of the way, runs away from making a comment of substance, jumps out of the way, ducks for cover, but definitely, most definitely, Darce does not stand for anything :)

I'll give BT some credit here. Midway through the last quarter he was talking about the giants chances of making a run at Geelong and I considered posting in here about him being a dick

Cue the giants giving Geelong a decent fright and BT picking it being on the cards

He ruined it though with his declaration that Davis had broken his arm... Davis returned to the field seconds later!
That and him calling Boyd's kick at goal a goal almost before it left his boot only to see it drift away for a point

Remove this Banner Ad

Back