'BT' and Darcy: The Worst Commentary Team in History?

Remove this Banner Ad

BT is an embarrassment and the game will be better off without him.

Just look at his previous commentary when Mitchell got incorrectly done for holding the ball and BT is practically yelling at the umpire. No professional commentator should be berating a match official in the manner BT just did.

Tonight was the worst commentating performance in the history of VFL/AFL broadcasting. I know there have been some shockers but that was shocking to sit through. BT needs to go, put him on rural radio or AFL live for a year to pull his head in.

I switched over to the CH7 pregame show for a few minutes (I usually avoid it like the plague) and they crossed to Darcy and Mick Molloy at Gallipoli for 5 minutes. Mick made a joke about the bugler and Darcy's gloves and that was about it.
Not really sure what the point was of sending them over there, but I assume it was for more than telling a couple of jokes. I switched off quickly, so unsure if they received more air time or not....but seemed a rather expensive and pointless exercise for Ch7 for not much return. But it is Ch7 after all.

Never heard a more biased commentary than tonight.

Commentators, especially B effing T, were all Hawks biased.

Almost as bad as 2008 when Geelong lost and Bruce couldn't hide his disappointment, or when BT and Richo were disappointed when Sydney lost to Freo in the 2013 Prelim.

I switched over to the CH7 pregame show for a few minutes (I usually avoid it like the plague) and they crossed to Darcy and Mick Molloy at Gallipoli for 5 minutes. Mick made a joke about the bugler and Darcy's gloves and that was about it.
Not really sure what the point was of sending them over there, but I assume it was for more than telling a couple of jokes. I switched off quickly, so unsure if they received more air time or not....but seemed a rather expensive and pointless exercise for Ch7 for not much return. But it is Ch7 after all.

They were over there (with Eddie McGuire) for Triple M's "Hot Breakfast" program, they just happen to both be on Channel Seven.

Personally I wouldn't mind if they both (especially Darcy) stayed over there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Last night proved BT has to go, i don't care if he was legitimately backing Hawthorn or trying to make a contest out of the game for the tv audience. His constant cheerleading was very very very annoying. It's all an act anyway playing up his shoddy persona, but really channel 7 need to find new commentators, this generation of Darcy, BT, Rompingwins, Basil etc are really bottom of the barrel quality.

i like bt the the rest of the team sucks i they just keep him and darcy on pbp abd use someone else for color it might be better

This is the second time in recent weeks that a commentator has had to say on-air "I'm not barracking, I just like a good contest".

Seriously - if you have to justify yourself like that, you are a godawful commentator and should step away from the mic right now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back