Rumour BT no more in 2015...Darcy takes the helm

Remove this Banner Ad

The thread bored me to tears - but I am intrigued as to how your adventure ended. How did you escape? Did your mate go okay, or end up with the plain lass?
Easy. Distract with the helicopter while wiggling one hand out of the ropes, knock them out, untie the ropes, and run gloriously into the night.

"A more traditional 'two caller' commentary is now being considered with the most likely combination being Luke Darcy and Basil Zempalis."

Oh FFS!!
upload_2014-9-10_23-36-12.jpeg

BT is great. People are effin weird. Who cares if he's some outdated character? Game needs it with Basil on the fringe, scaring the F out of me.

In fact the Friday night and Saturday night teams are perfect.

All that needs fixing is the Saturday Arvo team. I dont hate Hammer calling. Let him do it solo.

Let Basil stick to "footy central" on TV and maybe have him do some radio calling on AFL radio or something.

Please though no more entrenched special comments guys doing play by play!! They are better at special commenting. Id not be in favour of Watson or Harley play by play. No just no.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Basil should be calling bingo, somewhere in the outer suburbs. That he is calling any AFL game is a disgrace.

How is the C7 call different to the Moreland Bingo anyway?

BT thinks everyone one comes from the Calder Cannons footy factory, cant remember anyones name bar Big Boy, thinks being kinda homophobic is normal, and dribbles s**t about how good he was back in the day. If thats not every old fart uncle Ive had with the beginnings of dementia and a need for Depends, I don't know what is

How is the C7 call different to the Moreland Bingo anyway?

BT thinks everyone one comes from the Calder Cannons footy factory, cant remember anyones name bar Big Boy, thinks being kinda homophobic is normal, and dribbles s**t about how good he was back in the day. If thats not every old fart uncle Ive had with the beginnings of dementia and a need for Depends, I don't know what is

Don't disagree with you one bit, R74.

I loathe the acid-wash arse-clown that is BT.

Basil, Hamish, Dwayne and BT are the Four Donkeys of the Apocalypse... if all four of them call a game together you know the world is ending anon.

Don't disagree with you one bit, R74.

I loathe the acid-wash arse-clown that is BT.

Basil, Hamish, Dwayne and BT are the Four Donkeys of the Apocalypse... if all four of them call a game together you know the world is ending anon.

I still cant believe Basil gotta gig - wasnt he a b team commentator on SEN or similar before this?

I still cant believe Basil gotta gig - wasnt he a b team commentator on SEN or similar before this?

Well, despite lacking any apparent commentary aptitude, we all have a fair idea how Hamish got a gig.

Basil, I'm not so sure. Photos? Incriminating evidence? Got to be another reason 'cause his inane alacritous bleatings is the commentary equivalent of waterboarding.

Well, despite lacking any apparent commentary aptitude, we all have a fair idea how Hamish got a gig.

Basil, I'm not so sure. Photos? Incriminating evidence? Got to be another reason 'cause his inane alacritous bleatings is the commentary equivalent of waterboarding.
yes photos
Kerry stokes in drag, with ladyboys from Thailand, and strap on.

As dumb a turd as Darcy is, ponder this.....

someone who is an alleged expert in TV production, reviewed his on-air performances, considered them, and thought "thats what we need on our program!"

I'm guessing its because he's been on Seven here in Perth since 1996, so when the opportunity came to call footy, they gave him a promotion.

Boy they were wrong...

Dislike BT the commentator intensely - but strangely enough thought his call on Sat night was pretty damn good.

People don't realise that BT is a professional who happens to have multiple gears.

They kind of comb over the fact that he "changes" to the game, as oppose to try and make every single game exciting. Sometimes he talks about how the players look and it'll likely be during a lull in play etc.

He brings up the footy factory many times a year because well, it is a footy factory if you look at the stats. And his mate runs it, so whenever a relevant player is on screen he'll mention it.

But in a final he won't. Because finals are different. Finals you see BT's ability to meet the occassion, treat it with respect and not try to over blow it.

Of course his one habit did creep in talking about the players do's... but forgive him one little thing, I did.

Of course his one habit did creep in talking about the players do's... but forgive him one little thing, I did.

To be fair, there were some bizarre hairstyles out there during that game. Like they were going out on the town after the game.

I don't think BT is an innately bad commentator, he has just been made bad by the flogs in channel 7 management. Which is the difference between him and Derwayne, Derwayne is just a flog full stop.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back