Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts
Sep 21, 2005
the G.. home of the pies!
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
collingwood
It going to come sooner than most expected.
I think most of us saw it coming when he took over Malthouse but didn't want to admit it.
We'd welcome back an experienced coach with open arms.
We are going backwards at a rate of knots under him.
If we don't make the 8 it's unacceptable and he should walk.
We are the biggest club in the land we could afford anyone!!! What is going on down there!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
IMO, he should have until the end of the year to turn things around.

We need to look at the season in total.

Im sure there is already one of these threads somewhere deep down in our board, dig that one up instead of making another.

533871295_1380701532.jpg

He won't be sacked. He will still be in charge next year and mostly likely, will improve our position from 8th to 6th. Eddie will be impressed with this improvement and Bucks will get a contract extension for another two seasons. Meanwhile, players like Pendles and Beams will retire with one flag to their names.

Oh what could of been!

Such a big club, 70k members and we put up with this rubbish. Unfortunately not all good players make good coaches, Eddie won't get rid of him there is too much man love for this to happen. Only way is for supporters to step up the pressure.

Im sure there is already one of these threads somewhere deep down in our board, dig that one up instead of making another.
yeah, but why let that get in the way of a cliched "sack the coach" thread! There is rumours everyone except Pendles is going to be dropped next game as well. Bookmark it!

Bucks has to be questioned but the players took zero pride in their performance today. You could use the worst coach in the history of bad coaches bad still show a level of pride and ability that would far exceed what we saw. Insipid skills. Sure the game plan might have to be adjust to account for our hideous skills but if we can't mark or kick or win a clearance, I'm not sure what game plan would work. Can't go long down the boundary and force a stoppage because it's coming straight back. Maybe adopted Paul Roos defensive tactics and bend over regardless?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We extended his contract too early. We have to pay him out to sack him. I thought he had something to offer but the passion and commitment seems lacking from the players. There's also the small matter of a fairly ordinary list with more than its share of skilless battlers. And there's something soulless about the way the team is playing.

He won't be sacked. He will still be in charge next year and mostly likely, will improve our position from 8th to 6th. Eddie will be impressed with this improvement and Bucks will get a contract extension for another two seasons. Meanwhile, players like Pendles and Beams will retire with one flag to their names.

Oh what could of been!
Then we will be having the same discussion next year but we will be even further down the ladder!

He won't be sacked this year. If we are poor again next year then maybe but I still doubt it.
To be honest I have not been impressed with him. Not just saying that due to today's game. I haven't enjoyed the football we play since he took over. He took over a team which was feared and would spank the opposition, and he has turned it into this.
The team used to be a TEAM. You could see them busting their guts for each other. Now it just seems like a bunch of guys who run out and do what the consider is 'enough' and are content with that.

How long is he contracted for?I reckon it'd be worth paying him out at the end of the year if we keep serving up rubbish like that.

It going to come sooner than most expected.
I think most of us saw it coming when he took over Malthouse but didn't want to admit it.
We'd welcome back an experienced coach with open arms.
We are going backwards at a rate of knots under him.
If we don't make the 8 it's unacceptable and he should walk.
We are the biggest club in the land we could afford anyone!!! What is going on down there!!!!
:p:rolleyes::eek::drunk:

Such a big club, 70k members and we put up with this rubbish. Unfortunately not all good players make good coaches, Eddie won't get rid of him there is too much man love for this to happen. Only way is for supporters to step up the pressure.

Why don't some of those passionate paid up supporters come and watch the occasional game-soft c..ks.

I want the bloke to succeed but can't see any Buckley 'stamp' on this club. Stamp your authority, give the players a spray (like malthouse on anzac day 05) and make sure the cameras are on you.

Show the players who's boss. Show us an attractive brand of football, not the same defensive crap week after week. Get selection right. Maybe pick a couple of forwards so we can kick more than five goals a game.

Do anything. Something different.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back