Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts
Sep 21, 2005
the G.. home of the pies!
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
collingwood
Leaving vs Pushed out. Wellingham left, Thomas left, Dawes pushed out. have i missed anyone?
All you are doing is making excuses for the destruction of a premiership side and you'll continue to do it in the future when players keep walking out on Buckley.

All you are doing is making excuses for the destruction of a premiership side and you'll continue to do it in the future when players keep walking out on Buckley.
The premiership side that started its own destruction in 2011 by Geelong?

THATSGOLD

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts
Sep 21, 2005
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
collingwood
Hawthorn won a flag in 2008 and 2013. That's a five year difference and Buddy was part of both those GFs before deciding to leave. Using that as a benchmark we should have a finals team or close to it for 2015, but we don't and a star player is wanting to leave.....

Something is wrong at this club and it has been for several years.
This. We are in no mans land.

THATSGOLD

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts
Sep 21, 2005
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
collingwood
He's been at the helm for 3 years and with the loss of Beams wont win one for at least another 4. That's 7 years at least without winning a flag, must be a hard pill for Buckley supporters to swallow.
Exactly. How long does he get. I'm more worried what the next coach will be walking in to. What a mess.

He's been at the helm for 3 years and with the loss of Beams wont win one for at least another 4. That's 7 years at least without winning a flag, must be a hard pill for Buckley supporters to swallow.
We will win a flag in 2016.

Sep 25, 2011
The Home of Football
AFL Club
Collingwood
You are joking? If we weren't in such a s**t situation we're in now (a situation Buckley has put us in), we could get adequate compensation for Beams and move on while still challenging. Think Geelong in 2011 after losing Ablett, they still had good enough senior talent and some good kids to win the flag.
That's a completely separate argument. One way or another you simply cannot blame Bucks for Beams leaving. That's absolute nonsense.

Marshallrippon4

Draftee
Sep 25, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
I can't see us finishing anywhere above the bottom 4 next season with Beams walking out. We will get Pick 4 for him, but it will be next to useless next season, with Petracca gone, next best midfielder is Brayshaw.
Our list is in terrible shape and Buckley & Hine must accept responsibility for the direction the list has taken. Good players don't walk out of good clubs on the frequency of the good players that have left the club recently.

I can't remember a time where there was so little excitement about the club. There are no personalities anymore, no character. We seem to be made up boring and robotic footballers apart from Elliot.

If the club finishes bottom 4 next year, which it will, an honourable person will resign. It will tell us whether Buckley and his ego has the humility to see what a mess he has created.

The decision to appoint Buckley may go down as the biggest offield blunder in the history of the club. He is a cancer.

I can't see us finishing anywhere above the bottom 4 next season with Beams walking out. We will get Pick 4 for him, but it will be next to useless next season, with Petracca gone, next best midfielder is Brayshaw.
Our list is in terrible shape and Buckley & Hine must accept responsibility for the direction the list has taken. Good players don't walk out of good clubs on the frequency of the good players that have left the club recently.

I can't remember a time where there was so little excitement about the club. There are no personalities anymore, no character. We seem to be made up boring and robotic footballers apart from Elliot.

If the club finishes bottom 4 next year, which it will, an honourable person will resign. It will tell us whether Buckley and his ego has the humility to see what a mess he has created.

The decision to appoint Buckley may go down as the biggest offield blunder in the history of the club. He is a cancer.
Welcome aboard. Any positives to share with us

MarkT2

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 3, 2009
Melb
AFL Club
Collingwood
We will win a flag in 2016.
I hope you are not serious or that delusional. There is no way in hell we will be top 4 in 2016 let alone win a flag. We just don't have the list that we can draft to and back fill to get there.

I hope you are not serious or that delusional. There is no way in hell we will be top 4 in 2016 let alone win a flag. We just don't have the list that we can draft to and back fill to get there.
I was responding to someone saying we will be crap for another 4 years, thus my delusional, baseless post.

Marshallrippon4

Draftee
Sep 25, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Welcome aboard. Any positives to share with us

Thanks. Sorry for the tone of my post.
But a long time reader and club member, I was holding out hope Buckley would turn things around but that was with my heart. My head says we are in a world of hurt on field.
Next year may be even more brutal than this year.

No SPIN

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 14, 2009
Vic
AFL Club
Collingwood
I didn't disagree with Pendlebury getting the captaincy but it was a sweetener for him to stay. The other one that could've taken over back then was Luke Ball.

At no stage did you suggest Pendles was an unhappy at the time, and needed a sweetner to stay - that is pure fabrications.
Revisionism seems to be your forte.

THATSGOLD

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts
Sep 21, 2005
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
collingwood
At no stage did you suggest Pendles was an unhappy at the time, and needed a sweetner to stay - that is pure fabrications.
Revisionism seems to be your forte.
Pendlebury would be looking at this mess now thinking he could've gone somewhere else too but being offered the Captaincy of a club is a sweetner for ANYONE resigning a contract.
Pendlebury is only captaining a mess a now. He's in the prime of his career all he's got around him is a bunch of kids that will be in their prime when he's at the end and a few premiership players which isn't enough to see us become a powerhouse. Pendleburys captaincy has been a complete watse.

Back