Rumour Buckley to recieve Golden Handshake, replaced by Bomber Thompson

Remove this Banner Ad

We're rebuilding. Buckley still has minimum three years.

Not that I'm disagreeing with anything, but IF for some reason he keeps missing finals next year and the year after, do you really think he should be retained for a third year? That would push it out to 7 seasons in charge, with a record of taking over a premiership quality list and sending them down the ladder and out of finals for four years.

And Pies posters often complain that it took Malthouse a decade to win a flag, despite all those GF's & PF's along the way. Giving Buckley a minimum 7 years with him so far only having one finals win under his belt would seem a little Hirdish if you ask me.

Close. It isnt Bomber, it is Hird. Pies to be coached by Hird in 2016.
From what I have read, Hird would only oversees the forward line. Not as headcoach.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hird will be conditioning coach in charge of performance based in Italy but responsible for nothing

I would get anybody from Hawthorn even give the Water Boy a chance at coaching
Do you think Adam Sandler is qualified?
I know he did that movie with Eirc Bana & it showed a bit of AFL but is that enough background?

Channel 7 news here in Melbourne have just reported that Buckley will have his contract extended in the near future and I say, YES!

Buckley has winner written all over him................................winner of the wooden spoon. He is certainly moving in that direction that's for sure.

Probably better then your current senior coach, whenever he talks to the media I doubt he has that smug. "Look at me, look how good I am" look on his face. Past players/club champions coaching the same club rarely work

You say smug, I say relaxed.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back