Buckley v Robbo on AFL 360

Remove this Banner Ad

the dog's kennel

Premiership Player
Jan 7, 2007
The Land of Baileys
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
It's about time this had its own thread. It's been bubbling away for months now.

Almost every single week Nathan Buckley takes subtle jabs at how little Robbo knows about footy. And Robbo has such a glass jaw - he really can't be enjoying it. Buckley's a straight shooter and doesn't put up with any crap - so he's the perfect person to deliver these shots between the eyes. And he does it over and over again. I don't think I've ever seen such constant disrespect shown to a senior journalist, and personally I'm loving it.

People made such a big deal out of Malthouse v Stevens. But that was just weird and stand-offish. Buckley's comments are much more cutting in my view.

Let's face it, Robbo is a massive goose. We all know that. And for AFL360 to be paying Buckley to tell him that to his face every single week is just perfect.

Take this week: Robbo starts looking for Roos to throw his people under the bus because of Melbourne's poor ending against St Kilda. Buckley short circuits the whole pantomime by pointing out that last week Roos got in trouble for having a go at his players so Robbo's wasting his time. Robbo fords ahead anyway. He starts saying stupid s**t, about what he'd do if he was coach etc. Buckley just sits back with amusement and says, "Are you sure you've never coached? Are you sure?" Robbo ignores him through clenched jaw. And so they go on.

Are you guys enjoying it as much as I am?

Take this week: Robbo starts looking for Roos to throw his people under the bus because of Melbourne's poor ending against St Kilda. Buckley short circuits the whole pantomime by pointing out that last week Roos got in trouble for having a go at his players so Robbo's wasting his time. Robbo fords ahead anyway. He starts saying stupid s**t, about what he'd do if he was coach etc. Buckley just sits back with amusement and says, "Are you sure you've never coached? Are you sure?" Robbo ignores him through clenched jaw. And so they go on.

Robbo soon wrote this article later in which he blamed everyone.
http://www.perthnow.com.au/news/mel...-2015-afl-season/story-e6frg12c-1227399303852

I liked how he said you have to have the pain of a loss to learn and Bucks said No you don't, to which Robbo turned to Roosy.... who promptly agreed with Bucks

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I love buckley now.

Slobbo's a joke. Has anyone noticed that he sometimes doesn't even bother to finish a sentence he is saying and just leaves it hanging?

He looks and sounds like he's had 15 beers before going on air. He slurs his words and sits 30cm away from whoever he's talking to.

This combined is annoying enough, even without his complete lack of knowledge of the game and disrespect for great players/coaches.

Bucks , since he went coaching , has always been a person worth listening to, and there are very few in football you can say that about. Calm,measured and talks sense. His belittling of this fat campaigner is absolute gold.

I agree with the above. Buckley is good to listen to, and you can tell hes really getting Robbo flustered with his constant belittling of him. Its great TV.

Are you guys enjoying it as much as I am?

That was great viewing wasnt it, Buck's looks like he hasn't forgiven Robbo for some past indiscretion(s), maybe one too many uses of 'figjam' along the journey...

I sometimes think that the only reason Bucks participates in a program that is dominated by the often incoherent ramblings of a mad man is to troll Robbo. Then when I see the self satisfied look on his face as he leans back in his chair after he lands one of his laser sharp jabs on Robbo's unkempt chin, I'm absolutely certain of it.

Robbo like so many other accredited hacks (hello, Ralphy and Steveo) think they have a greater standing in the game than they actually have, just because they get to bask in the tiny sliver of light that makes it all the way down to their designated spot on the bottom rung of the AFL machine.

Great thread!

Robbo & Ralph are cringeworthy.

That stare Ralph does towards the camera.

The difference with Robbo & Ralph is at least Robbo will stand by his opinion even if it's delivered incoherently. Ralph will have an opinion and then back down if its questioned.

Haha yep that cross eyed Jon Ralph stare.

I love buckley now.

Slobbo's a joke. Has anyone noticed that he sometimes doesn't even bother to finish a sentence he is saying and just leaves it hanging?

He looks and sounds like he's had 15 beers before going on air. He slurs his words and sits 30cm away from whoever he's talking to.

This combined is annoying enough, even without his complete lack of knowledge of the game and disrespect for great players/coaches.

All the time.

He doesn't know how to construct a sentence, let alone finish one off with a valid point or any sort of modicum of a purpose.

He just simply mumbles inane rubbish and will switch the point of his sentence halfway through it. He really just doesn't know what he's talking about.

All the time.

He doesn't know how to construct a sentence, let alone finish one off with a valid point or any sort of modicum of a purpose.

He just simply mumbles inane rubbish and will switch the point of his sentence halfway through it. He really just doesn't know what he's talking about.

"SOMETIMES Gerard, when you're trying to speak, things just don't go your way, and everyone's thinking 'SURELY!' Well, I'm not saying 'surely'. No actually I am saying 'surely'. 'Surely, you have plans in place for when you don't get a sentence right'. And when that happens there's ONLY ONE way you can respond. Actually there's two ways you can respond. You can either go 'right right right, oh well' and think 'oh poor me, rar, rar, rar' OR... You can come out and say 'right, lets get this one. Let's not worry about the last sentence, lets just... get... this one... right."

Remove this Banner Ad

Back