Rumour Buddy Franklin has had a third strike

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gave us a look at the table you reckon? Mimed a syringe into the arm?

Called 'doing a Mitchell' these days. I genuinely do wonder though, that if Buddy did have strikes, whether the AFL would have tried to influence Sydney's decision without being able to specifically allude to it or even cast any aspersions at all.

Called 'doing a Mitchell' these days. I genuinely do wonder though, that if Buddy did have strikes, whether the AFL would have tried to influence Sydney's decision without being able to specifically allude to it or even cast any aspersions at all.

Who knows in this comp really

I don't buy the strikes thing because they were that keen to get him to GWS. They wouldn't want to tarnish that brand with a potential disaster as a Franklin drug issue.

I think the contracts are 99% standard. I'd be doubtful that the AFLPA would allow a private 'medical' question to be entered as a terminate-able clause in a playing contract.
I would imagine a 3rd (or 4th) strike may not be be considered a "private medical question" in the big scheme of things - however knowing the supposed powers of the AFLPA, you may be on the money.
But I would also imagine the AFL don't need Sydney down the bottom of the ladder come 2020 and would have covered all bases despite the fact that they did so through gritted teeth.
Come 2020, the AFL will have just as much power as it does today - whether the AFLPA still does at the same time is questionable.

I would imagine a 3rd (or 4th) strike may not be be considered a "private medical question" in the big scheme of things - however knowing the supposed powers of the AFLPA, you may be on the money.
But I would also imagine the AFL don't need Sydney down the bottom of the ladder come 2020 and would have covered all bases despite the fact that they did so through gritted teeth.
Come 2020, the AFL will have just as much power as it does today - whether the AFLPA still does at the same time is questionable.
I think if GWS rose at the same time Sydney fell, it would actually suit the AFL's agenda of diverting attention to GWS in the short term.

Actually, the opposite. If he's had some kind of breakdown event, as a mate of mine did a while back, it can be a long and slow road back.
Very true. It doesn't even need to be a breakdown event, just has to hit harder than normal, depending on what the issue is. I've been through it myself and lost years of my working life at different stages.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

still no sighting of budwah? Shirley some wannabe would have snapped a shot of him by now?!

How come we haven't seen a single photo of him?

How he manage to run away from the media?
Because he's at a spot where cameras can't get to?

Atleast they admitted it and took it on the chin like men and our club didn't bullshit anyone or anything what so ever.
Buddy is as clean as a pig in s**t

Your guys tested positive FFS.

So your still running with the baseless rumour then?

Desperate much?

You're embarrassing yourself (assuming you have any self respect).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back