Injury Buddy's Health - Out for the season

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds like addiction
Got to be. Let's call it what it is. No wonder he's happy to announce to everyone that it's a mental illness. They knew everyone would be on board and sensitive about it. Addiction is different. I suspect he left Hawthorn to get away from it, and it has found him up there. Jecinta was hospitalised with exhaustion a few week ago, which may or may not be related. Who the f knows. All I know is our multi-million dollar full-forward is missing when we need him the most. It is unacceptable.

Got to be. Let's call it what it is. No wonder he's happy to announce to everyone that it's a mental illness. They knew everyone would be on board and sensitive about it. Addiction is different. I suspect he left Hawthorn to get away from it, and it has found him up there. Jecinta was hospitalised with exhaustion a few week ago, which may or may not be related. Who the f knows. All I know is our multi-million dollar full-forward is missing when we need him the most. It is unacceptable.

"Let's call it what it is"?

You could always take the respectful and tactful route and not speculate wildly with zero knowledge to back up your speculation. That's always an option.

Tony Sheahan's mail is usually good, though. Wasn't he the one who first got wind that Buddy was considering a move to the Swans?

Mate I don't know him. I don;t think it's being disrespectful to wonder whether or not he's addicted to something and has let it affect his football. He was a massive party boy with the Hawks. Got up to some outrageous stuff. Not so wild to speculate that it has, is it?

We don't know, though. You said "Let's call it what it is" without much in the way of facts to back it up.

Understandable but this is way beyond football mate we are talking about a person well being at 28yrs of age.

Football is just a job to them.

can see both sides, trouble is we are speculating

but I get Mennons frustration

end of the day he is very very highly paid to be out there now and if he has done something to prevent that while I agree health is paramount and wish him all the best, it it is bloody frustrating

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Enough with the speculating - you have the Main Board for that.

Seeing as he is out for the season I believe that this thread no longer serves any purpose other than blind guess work and what ifs. Mental health isn't a game and is far more important than playing a game of football.

As such it is closed and the topic will only be reopened when anything new comes to hand.

We don't have a right to know everything, nor the right to speculate without facts.

Reopening due to Pridham shooting down some of the rumours

Lance Franklin rumours ‘absolutely laughable’, says Sydney chairman Andrew Pridham

http://m.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl...n-andrew-pridham/story-fnp04d70-1227530787265

SWANS chairman Andrew Pridham has shot down a slew of vicious rumours now surrounding superstar forward Lance Franklin.

Franklin won’t play again this season because of mental health issues, but the football world is awash with claims his absence has been fuelled by problems with drugs, alcohol and sexual interludes.

Pridham on Wednesday took the unusual step of dismissing one of the wilder stories, that Franklin had been caught having a sexual dalliance with a teammate’s partner and the players had pressured Franklin out of the club.

“I’ve heard that one,’’ Pridham said.

“On that specific one, I’m extremely close to the other player and it’s laughable, absolutely laughable.

story-fnp04d70-1227530787265

“The player doesn’t even have a partner, by the way, so it would be a neat trick.

and

Pridham said the club was continuing to work with Franklin.
And the Swans’ chairman added: “My understanding is he’s in a good state, in good shape, and he’ll be back bigger and better next year, that’s the general feeling.”

And that was another rumour, that Franklin had played his last game for the Swans.

“I think that’s completely wrong,’’ Pridham aid.

The Swans boss said the club was not aware if Franklin had any mental issues before it recruited him, but doubted if the Hawks knew either.

“It’s built up for a variety of reasons, which I do understand, and it got to the point — and it’s a very important point — where he came forward and said he needed help. I think that is incredibly brave.

“And I’m really proud of the club in that at no point did anyone have any thought other than getting him right.

“There was never a time of, ‘We’re in the finals, let’s wait a couple of weeks’,’’ he said.

Lance Franklin rumours ‘absolutely laughable’, says Sydney chairman Andrew Pridham

http://m.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl...n-andrew-pridham/story-fnp04d70-1227530787265

and

Good on Andrew.

Can't believe the amount of s**t he's had to deal with since taking over. Sometimes a derisive twitter post is all any of it deserves.

And while rumours circulate portraying our club as some sort of horror show, here we are definitely standing up for Indigenous Australians, and offering compassion and support to those suffering mental health issues like it's second nature to us.

I didn't see any other footy crowds give standing ovations to Goodes, or teams lettig their best players take leave for finals this year.

God I love this club.

Last edited:
Good on Andrew.

Can't believe the amount of s**t he's had to deal with since taking over. Sometimes a derisive twitter post is all any of it deserves.

And while rumours circulate portraying our club as some sort of horror show, here we are definitely standing up for Indigenous Australians, and offering compassion and support to those suffering mental health issues like it's second nature to us.

I didn't see any other footy crowds give standing ovations to Goodes, or let their best players take leave for finals this year.

God I love this club.
I totally agree.
This idea that football players need to 'tough' it out no matter what is so ordinary.

Would love to see the AFL promote the idea of respect next year. The game is awesome but the culture that envelopes it has a few very rough edges.

and

Hey Robbie,

Could you please reopen the thread in the rumour board section of BF to repost this same post there please? It'd shut people up then about Buddy (one could only hope).

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threa...me-with-beau-ryan-lauren-brant.1111687/page-9

As my posting history suggests, I am not prone to butt into other teams forums or troll - so I hope this is received well!

I just wanted to say that I love this kid - no matter where he is now - I absolutely love this kid. And quite frankly I don't understand why people always seek to bring down the very people who drag us through turnstiles and make us love football.

When he is playing at his best the only word to describe him is pure joy.

Guys like Buddy Franklin (et al.) are the reason we love this game. That moment when the ball enters his area and with all team allegiances aside you just stop talking, time slows down and we anticipate magic. And when the magic comes, we just laugh when he does the things, that we as mere mortals just can't do.

I hope he gets well, I hope he comes back bigger and better to play great footy for the Swannies (even against the Hawks).

But until he is able to, I just hope for now he is able to focus on being 'Lance' and has the time to find some peace in his own head.

I think, for now, he needs to put away the superstar 'Buddy' and just get well with his family.

Good luck as against the Roos!!!

PURE JOY

Pure Joy.jpg

Pure Joy 2.jpg

Last edited:
As my posting history suggests, I am not prone to butt into other teams forums or troll - so I hope this is received well!

I just wanted to say that I love this kid - no matter where he is now - I absolutely love this kid. And quite frankly I don't understand why people always seek to bring down the very people who drag us through turnstiles and make us love football.

When he is playing at his best the only word to describe him is pure joy.

Guys like Buddy Franklin (et al.) are the reason we love this game. That moment when the ball enters his area and with all team allegiances aside you just stop talking, time slows down and we anticipate magic. And when the magic comes, we just laugh when he does the things, that we as mere mortals just can't do.

I hope he gets well, I hope he comes back bigger and better to play great footy for the Swannies (even against the Hawks).

But until he is able to, I just hope for now he is able to focus on being 'Lance' and has the time to find some peace in his own head.

I think, for now, he needs to put away the superstar 'Buddy' and just get well with his family.

Good luck as against the Roos!!!

PURE JOY

View attachment 174572

View attachment 174574
Great post mate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back