Teams Buffalo Bills - The Stampede

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
NFL Network's Ian Rapoport expects the Bills to cut a quarterback after naming Tyrod Taylor their starter.

Coach Rex Ryan has said the team would probably keep three quarterbacks, but he has been anything but forthcoming about his quarterbacks during the last month. E.J. Manuel seems like the obvious choice if Buffalo decides to release someone, but Matt Cassel's $4.75 million cap charge could earn him the boot. The Bills would get all of that $4.75 million off the cap by releasing Cassel.
Related: E.J. Manuel

Source: Ian Rapoport on Twitter

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
The Bills have confirmed Tyrod Taylor will be their starting quarterback.

"It all comes down to the explosiveness Tyrod brings to us," were the words of coach Rex Ryan. Taylor is certainly explosive, but has lacked passing finesse going back to his days at Virginia Tech. He'll be someone the Bills try to hide, hoping for rushing yards and big plays. Taylor's legs put him on the QB2 radar, and leave him as an intriguing early-season possibility in daily leagues.
Related: Matt Cassel, E.J. Manuel

Source: Mike Rodak on Twitter

Not surprised about Freddy Karlos looks good for a rookie and with Shady coming in he was always in doubt and Boobie is cheaper and plays ST, surprised Brown is still on the team though don't think Rex likes him much.

Not surprised about Taylor, it's who Rex wanted, he offers the most from a read option stand point figure Rex wants to follow what the 49ers did a couple of years ago

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
According to the Buffalo News' Tim Graham, Bills GM Doug Whaley "went rogue" in releasing Fred Jackson.

Making roster decisions is what general managers are paid to do, so this shouldn't come as a groundbreaking decision, but typically the GM will consult the coaching staff. Apparently, Whaley didn't even discuss the matter with coach Rex Ryan. Reality is the Bills paid LeSean McCoy top dollar to be their new bellcow, and Whaley drafted Karlos Williams and handpicked Bryce Brown last season in a draft-day trade. Jackson has since come after Whaley a bit via the media, saying the GM was the "one person in the organization I haven't gotten honesty from." Jackson's release saved the team over $2 million.
Related: Bills

Source: Tim Graham on Twitter

I wouldn't be surprised if it was the case in regards to Whaley making that decision. Ego/future employment drives a lot of people in these positions and he wants his decisions to be the successful ones. Fred Jackson's heart and leadership will be a massive loss to the locker room as will his presence in the community. No matter how much I think that Karlos Williams will be an apt replacement in terms of style on the field, nobody can fill Fred's shoes in those other intangibles.

For a team that wants be run heavy it was a strange decision to remove someone and steady as Jackson to keep Brown and a rookie on the roster.

Didn't look like Fred was done by the way he played against the steelers on the weekend, Whaley ego over the Brown trade is what it smacks of to me

Apr 19, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Celtics/Bills/Tottenham/Red Sox
Posting on Big Footy is hardly a reflection of whether you are a true fan or not. I think it is great we have so much discussion in this thread now.

I didn't say it was a reflection of true fandom or otherwise.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
WGR 550 Buffalo's Sal Cappacio reports the Bills are "having internal debate" on whether or not to release QB Matt Cassel.

Cassel has had an up-and-down six months in Buffalo, going from struggling badly to having a so-so training camp and preseason. Meanwhile, Tyrod Taylor has lit Buffalo on fire with his legs and earned the starting job. E.J. Manuel has performed in the preseason with a 146.9 passer rating, giving him the edge over Cassel. Releasing Cassel would save the Bills $4.75 million against the cap.

Source: Sal Cappacio on Twitter

When we sucked? When did we last make playoffs?
We still suck haven't won a game this year yet ;)

We are in the regular preseason the Bills will rise phase, hoping that this time we have found a QB & coach combo that won't be terrible again will have a better idea in December though

SHAKESPEARE

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 21, 2009
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Bryce Brown with some nice carries early. He's no Hayne tho ;)

Simms getting his last look...meh

SHAKESPEARE

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 21, 2009
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Buffalo Bills Cuts

William Campbell, G

John Conner, FB

Andre Davis, WR

IK Enemkpali, DE

Andre Fluellen, DT

Quentin Groves, LB

Bronson Hill, RB

Darryl Johnson, G

Alex Kupper, G

B.J. Larsen, DE

Dezmin Lewis, WR

Merrill Noel, CB

Tobais Palmer, WR

Cyril Richardson, G

Matt Simms, QB

Deonte Thompson, WR

Cierre Wood, RB

hoddo22

Club Legend
Jan 22, 2011
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Buffalo Bills
Nothing too surprising there. I think some of the WR and Noel will find a spot on the practice squad.

Back