Buggs snipe on Riewoldt

Remove this Banner Ad

At the VERY most, a free kick, although Riewoldt was backing into the contact just as much as Bugg was moving forward...had Riewoldt been stationary or moving forward himself, a free kick every day of the week.

However, calling it a snipe or stating it should get weeks...absolutely fairdinkum deadset bloody ludicrous.

Pushed, hit whatever you want to call it. It was a free kick every single day of the week, the umpire was obviously blind sided and missed it.
I actually don't care that it wasn't a free, but to say it was within the rules is incorrect.
I was about 7 rows back with my wife who follows the saints and had a uniterrupted view of the incident, it was intentional and cowardly !. If you look at the replay Riewoldt was standing still and a couple of metres away from the contest, Bugg runs in and it's not like Riewoldt suddenly appears, he then proceeds to drop his shoulder right into the middle of his back at pace !. Was it accidental ?, no way from my view he see's an opportunity and picks up speed and lines him up before the contact and is just lucky that Riewoldt wasn't more seriously hurt. The remonstations from st kilda players was also telling, i'm sure when he see's the replay of the incident he will be embarressed by his actions !.

I was about 7 rows back with my wife who follows the saints and had a uniterrupted view of the incident, it was intentional and cowardly !. If you look at the replay Riewoldt was standing still and a couple of metres away from the contest, Bugg runs in and it's not like Riewoldt suddenly appears, he then proceeds to drop his shoulder right into the middle of his back at pace !. Was it accidental ?, no way from my view he see's an opportunity and picks up speed and lines him up before the contact and is just lucky that Riewoldt wasn't more seriously hurt. The remonstations from st kilda players was also telling, i'm sure when he see's the replay of the incident he will be embarressed by his actions !.
jspag.gif

"Standing still"

Shouldn't miss any games. Pretty much all the force game from how fast Riewoldt was moving backward.

From my angle it looked like he was stationary so I got that very wrong !,but was that contact reasonable from behind ?

New rule I've missed. You can now legally slam into the back of your opponent.

From my angle it looked like he was stationary so I got that very wrong !,but was that contact reasonable from behind ?

you was only 15 metres away and couldn't tell if he was stationary, eyes for the ball, these things happen in footy

There was no malice

Pav went up for a mark in the last qtr yesterday and had a port defender hanging off him, as he took the mark arms raised another port player cannoned into his chest.

Was a free kick, no malice.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If you say it enough times you might believe it, but no-one else gives a s**t princess. Well maybe you good mate plugger.

Toughen up and move on.

Fact is people on here are posting it shouldn't be a free. That's the most ridiculous thing I've heard.

Fact is people on here are posting it shouldn't be a free. That's the most ridiculous thing I've heard.

Well I think a free kick would've been appropriate, but the umps obviously agree with most on here that there was no intent to harm.

No one would argue if a free was awarded, and it was a shame Roo had to leave the ground because you had momentum at the time. But that's footy, it happens all the time.

But you started the thread saying Bugg should get weeks and the umpire should get sacked.

You've back-peddled on that pretty quickly. Just take another look at that gif further up the page. Whether it was a free or not is now argument - but weeks? for a cowardly snipe?

Your apology is accepted.

He pushed him in the back, it wasn't seen by the umpire tho. Are you blind?

New rule I've missed. You can now legally slam into the back of your opponent.

I dont expect neither of you dipshits to know the rules, I sat amongst your supporters yesterday and it was quite clear most of them are the same. It cannot be push in the back because it was not a marking contest or a tackle.

I dont expect neither of you dipshits to know the rules, I sat amongst your supporters yesterday and it was quite clear most of them are the same. It cannot be push in the back because it was not a marking contest or a tackle.
Lol! Are you joking?? Or you seriously think that's the rule?

Since when is the push in the back rule only applicable in marking contests or tackles? I'm pretty sure you can't go around pushing in the back willy-nilly, and get away with it. Maybe you should learn the rules. With respect to this incident it was borderline free kick, could have easily been paid. It was not reportable.

Since when is the push in the back rule only applicable in marking contests or tackles? I'm pretty sure you can't go around pushing in the back willy-nilly, and get away with it. Maybe you should learn the rules. With respect to this incident it was borderline free kick, could have easily been paid. It was not reportable.

Rule 15, Laws of the game on the AFL website, have a read for yourself. I'll accept your apology in advance.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back