Preview Bulldogs 2012 Supercoach & Dreamteam-FAQ

Remove this Banner Ad

Get James Magner in your side, just got place on the Senior list for Dees and will have a rippa of a season.

Had him locked and loaded already, was confident he would be upgraded.

Just on Lake, he said a couple of cryptic comments last night at the Bulldogs Launch, something along the lines of 'what doesn't kill you only makes you stronger' and 'he found out a lot about himself last year.' I just get the inkling this is going to be a good year for one B lake.

Sorry to intrude, would appreciate some help from those in the know. I already have Lake & Dickson in my team but am really wanting to put C.Smith into my midfield. It's out of he, Ledger and a few other GWS players, but i really don't want too many more Giant players. Will Clay likely get good game time? Is there enough room in your midfield where he will play enough games early? Have been really impressed with him over the pre-season; really knows how to find the footy; disposal a bit iffy but at least he gets it. Thanks in advance.

Sorry to intrude, would appreciate some help from those in the know. I already have Lake & Dickson in my team but am really wanting to put C.Smith into my midfield. It's out of he, Ledger and a few other GWS players, but i really don't want too many more Giant players. Will Clay likely get good game time? Is there enough room in your midfield where he will play enough games early? Have been really impressed with him over the pre-season; really knows how to find the footy; disposal a bit iffy but at least he gets it. Thanks in advance.

Avoid Smith now that the nab cup scores have been released, in the game where he managed to get the most disposals on the field only gave him 54 points, this indicates his abysmal disposal will translate badly into SC scores.

Avoid Smith now that the nab cup scores have been released, in the game where he managed to get the most disposals on the field only gave him 54 points, this indicates his abysmal disposal will translate badly into SC scores.

Thanks very much for the reply. Yeah i am worried that his efficiency translates badly for supercoach but in your opinion do you think he will get alot of games early?

Also where do you find the SC scores of the nab cup? Thanks alot.

Hey guys just wondering its pretty important is Ayce Cordy going to get alot of games this year ? Thanks in advance

I think he will get a lot of games early because quite frankly our coach loves him as he is tough, courageous and a team player.

SCores are here:
http://media.heraldsun.com.au/dbs/afl/supercoach_2012/pre-season_scores/search.html

Also while you are here i have 5 tuggers in my line up, Martin, Deledio, Riewoldt, Morris, Ellis, bit too much?

Thanks...:thumbsu: I have all bar Riewoldt in my line-up. Think you're better off leaving Jack out, even though he is a gun, in SC his score's will be too up and down. I have Martin, Deledio, Ellis & Morris but Morris is also a worry with his disposal; it has been woeful at times and with the pressure even more intense come the regular season, will probably get worse. Matured-aged is the positive, bad disposal and probably wont get too many posessions either another negative. Will still probably leave him in my team as there isn't really an ubundance of good rookie def this year.

Hey guys just wondering its pretty important is Ayce Cordy going to get alot of games this year ? Thanks in advance

Ayce will get games. Whether it's a lot, who knows. Him and Roughead are going for the 1 spot most likely, since Minson will most likely be #1 ruck. We might go with the 3 ruckmen setup sometimes as well.

So really it's a bit of pot luck with him. Wouldn't imagine he would be a huge scorer. Maybe average 50-60.

Hello Doggies....

I am to my final place in the forwards...and team will be complete.

The choice for me is between 2 Bulldogs........Z. Skinner... or T Dickson?

Appreciate some advice....

Cat questions answered too btw.

Hello Doggies....

I am to my final place in the forwards...and team will be complete.

The choice for me is between 2 Bulldogs........Z. Skinner... or T Dickson?

Appreciate some advice....

Cat questions answered too btw.
Dickson would properly get consistently decent scores over the season while I do predict that Zephi would be up and down as far as scores go. It really does depend on who you have already so you can cover for Zephi having an off game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Clay Smith looked promising in the small amount of time I've seen him. Will he get games early on?
Almost certainly will, however his foot skills are questionable, so will probably be better in DT than SC.

Probably didn't want to risk an injury to him. Without Williams and Morris, he's going to be very important to our structure down back and we can't afford to let him get injured in a very minor match.

Most people see him as playing a role as a link-up man coming out of defense. As we seem to be taking our time more coming out of defense, he'll be getting disposals fairly regularly and his disposal-by-foot is reliable so I predict solid scores for him in DT.

hey guys, good luck for 2012:)

i am also super interested in howard, i watch a fair bit of bulldogs/williamstown and from what i've seen this kid is gonna be a gun... he oozes confidence, has a bit of mongrel, looks to have a solid all round game and a dangerous leg.

my questions are

* how has his pre season been?
* has he got the tank to have stints in the midfield yet?
* if he is not in your best 22 why?

strongly considering him over shaggy... a lot of upside

hey guys, good luck for 2012:)

i am also super interested in howard, i watch a fair bit of bulldogs/williamstown and from what i've seen this kid is gonna be a gun... he oozes confidence, has a bit of mongrel, looks to have a solid all round game and a dangerous leg.

my questions are

* how has his pre season been?
* has he got the tank to have stints in the midfield yet?
* if he is not in your best 22 why?

strongly considering him over shaggy... a lot of upside

There is a lot of conjecture about whether Howard is in our best 22 or not. I believe he is, and that he should play most, if not all games this year.

He has had a good pre-season. No injuries or setbacks, and his troublesome hip from the last few years seems to be ok.

He will play mostly on the wing, rather than HB. So he will be used as a link man a lot of the time.

In saying that, I think Hargrave is a slightly better option than Howard, as I think he will earn you more more money to downgrade later in the year.
Plus he is pretty much guaranteed to be in the best 22.
But you could do a lot worse than Howard.

Hey guys,
So this year im doing the 1 Premium, 3 Rookie set up for the rucks, and my rookies are Redden, Giles and your boy Cordy.
I chose Cordy over Orren Stephenson because I figured he'd score better (money isn't an issue).
Simple question really, will Cordy play a decent ammount of games this year? I noticed he featured in the entire NAB cup.
It seems Minson and Roughhead are ahead of him, so I'm kind of having second thoughts about him.
I would love someone here to convince me for or against for Cordy, as to whether this is his year to be a regular starter in your best 22.
Cheers

Hey guys,
So this year im doing the 1 Premium, 3 Rookie set up for the rucks, and my rookies are Redden, Giles and your boy Cordy.
I chose Cordy over Orren Stephenson because I figured he'd score better (money isn't an issue).
Simple question really, will Cordy play a decent ammount of games this year? I noticed he featured in the entire NAB cup.
It seems Minson and Roughhead are ahead of him, so I'm kind of having second thoughts about him.
I would love someone here to convince me for or against for Cordy, as to whether this is his year to be a regular starter in your best 22.
Cheers

Hey Narni, it is all a bit of an unknown to us as well, we don't know whether our new coach is keen on fielding a lot of young players or whether he will put just a couple in each game.
If it is a bench option, I think Cordy will be ok, but he might not get a game for several weeks - you would have to weight up the risks.

Is there any reason Lake wont at least get back to his DT form from 2007-2009 where he averaged 77 over the 3 years?
Cant see him returning to a 95 average of 2010 but would still be a good risk to take if he will keep the same role and continue to get involved in the offensive side of the backline.
Or with his injury potential is he just too much of a risk? Thoughts appreciated.
Any thoughts on this?
Happy with Hargrave in my DT but also strongly considering Lake. Just unsure if he will become a defensive FB this year and you guys will not have as much possession in your defense.
What would you put as his potential scoring range?
Thanks.

Any thoughts on this?
Happy with Hargrave in my DT but also strongly considering Lake. Just unsure if he will become a defensive FB this year and you guys will not have as much possession in your defense.
What would you put as his potential scoring range?
Thanks.

My worry is with both Williams and Morris out, he will be forced to sacrifice his natural game and play more defensively. This will most likely lower his scores.
I'd go with Hargrave over him.

Lake could score anywhere from 50-90, and even into the 100's. Not enough certainty to call it, so stick with Hargrave.

What's the story with this tom campbell kid. scored incredibly well in one pre-season game and haven't heard anything else about him?

What's the story with this tom campbell kid. scored incredibly well in one pre-season game and haven't heard anything else about him?

If he plays at all this year, it will be later on. We have 3 ruckmen who are ahead of him.

As a forward helping out in the ruck, who knows.

In any case, he is a rookie, and hasn't been promoted yet. So he won't be playing any games until that happens.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back